Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your rent increasing by?

Options
  • 20-03-2007 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

How much has your rent rose in the last year? Our lease is due soon, and they are looking for another 3.6%... not a lot, but it's more so....biatch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

5.56% in 15 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I was talking to the lads in the house and they were here for 5 years previous to me moving in (1.5 years ago). In that time the rent has gone up 20% roughly. It hasn't gone up at all in 2.5 years so I'm ok. TBH the house is in a bit of a state so it doesn't deserve more IMO.

The landlord threatened to kick us out for a month, do up the house and then charge 10% more immediately. I told him to go ahead with it. 7 months later we're still waiting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Mine went up 4% last July, think it might go up again this July as the going rates on daft are much higher than what we are paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

1-bedroomed apartment in Dublin City Centre was €900 last year. Fecker wants €1,000 this year. Won't be renewing that lease.

FYI 2 bedroom in Blackrock 1200 a month, was 1150 last year, last daft quote in the same block was 1550 :(. listing is gone so I guess someone took it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

4% in 6 months. Lease was up so renewed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Brooklyn74

€4 per week. First increase in four years, so I'm not complaining.

This is all really interesting information! I have recently set up a web site to let renters tell other people about how much rent they pay and what they think of their accommodation, its called flatrate.ie (in my sig)

It would be really cool if some of you could add a review for your apartment/house so other renters can see what the development is like before renting!

It just seems mad to me that we are expected to sign up to a years lease having only spent 10 minutes in a place, having more information on a development would take the risk out of it!

Any additions would be appreciated!

www.flatrate.ie

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

whizzbang, spamming your site is bad.
    1-bedroomed apartment in Dublin City Centre was €900 last year. Fecker wants €1,000 this year. Won't be renewing that lease.
    Be careful rents have risen sharply. €1,000 may be a deal in the current market. But negotiate another month / other concession from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Once your wage is rising by a similar % I would'nt be too concerned if you're happy in the property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

2bed in Galway city was e850 30 months ago and now I'm paying e680 for one but a bit further out.

Victor wrote:
    whizzbang, spamming your site is bad.

*cough*

:D

Just trying to help out us renters!

(Ok I'll stop now)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

D4/Ringsend: Rent has not increased in 3 years *touch wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

My rent will increase by 9% in May (first increase in 3 years), but as I'll still be paying incredibly low rent for a very nice house in a nice area, this doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I got my place for 1100 a month, 1 bed, excellent location, good size, parking, d4, very close to city.

I've no doubt they'd get 1200 at least for it now, I'd suspect more.

I moved in 6 odd months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Victor wrote:
    whizzbang, spamming your site is bad.Be careful rents have risen sharply. €1,000 may be a deal in the current market. But negotiate another month / other concession from it.

Dunno Victor, whizzbang isn't charging zippo for his site and is a useful resource for us renters. Bravo whizzbang I say!! :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    Dunno Victor, whizzbang isn't charging zippo for his site and is a useful resource for us renters. Bravo whizzbang I say!! :)

Hurrah! Any chance of adding a few reviews?! :p

The more we get the more useful it will be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What's to stop landlords putting good reports for bad places? :confused:

Kenny 5 wrote:
    What's to stop landlords putting good reports for bad places? :confused:
    very little at the moment, but if there are 5 bad reviews and one sparkling review people might notice....

Also I can spot if one person puts in multiple reviews for the one development.

Unfortunately there is no easy way of finding out if someone is a renter or owner.

Advertisement