Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Monitor?

Options
  • 21-03-2007 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

I think this is the right forum. Well anyway ive saved up a bit of extra cash and am thinking of buying a monitor. Ive about 400 euro and was going to get the samsung 226bw but what are your thoughts.

I will need to upgrade my graphics card but I want to see how it pans out with the r600 series coming out so ill just use my old monitor for gaming and the new one for tv and stuff until the summer.

So what monitor would u go for if you had 400 euro?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Samsung 226BW is probably your best bet at that price range.

A R600 should have no problem at all at the 1680x1050 resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Do you think though that a 20inch would be a better option coz of better quality (not tn panel) or is size all important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ok so i have my sisters laptop. Long story how i ended up with it but she thinks its tainted after I spilt a can of cider on it.

Well anyway its a latitude d820 with a true life display and just found out its resolution is 1900x1200 so am wondering if i can download hd films somehow (legally) and watch them on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pc World have a Syncmaster 20" for 299 with free 2.1 speakers. I got one the last day, happy with it so far, nice monitor, Prices are as good as online plus not only saving delivery chargers, you get free speakers. Which aren't great but fine for an old/secondary computer or laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The 22" and 20" have the same resolution of 1680x1050 only the physical panel is bigger.

The Latitude D820 has what is referred to as a 1080p display in TV land so yes it could display HD 1080p content though on the net at the moment that is limited to movie trailers.

Also as the screen is on a notebook it is a bit of a waste as such a high resolution is meant for large screens like 27-30" & higher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement