Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going blonde...

• 21-03-2007 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

ok im a brunette who has died her hair once too often, iv only ever bleached it once a few years ago but i dont think my hair ever quite got over it. it is quite thin and in pretty crappy condition right now. anyway, i really want to change my colour and i would quite like to go blonde as iv never tried it but im worried it might fall out if i try something as damaging as bleach again. does anyone know of any miracle products or the like that can make me blonde without losing most of my hair or am i just wasting my time considering it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You prob should ask a professional hairdresser that also can feel and check the quality of your hair etc before doing anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 erinperin

yeah guess you're right, probably best left to a proffesional. im qiute pale too and it doesnt always suit us fair ladies. could go horribly wrong...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

im naturally blonde and recently changed drastically (redhead)....you're much better off getting this done professionally, at least the first time anyway... its my experience that good hairdresser will be honest on what shades will suit your complexion and how much damage it will inflict on your hair, as well as how long it will last and how easy/difficult it is to change back if you want to...good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

my hairs in bad condition form dying iit for about 3 years,theres a brand called aussie you can get in boots,theres one called 3 min repair or something in as little sachet,its brilliant if you have damaged it might help you a bit,i use the shampoo and condition too and it really really helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Oh god dont do it!!!! I got the idea into my head a while ago..... then i realised i'd be mad!!!! Stay brunette its better!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I was blonde for years and at Christmas went back to being a Brunette.

best decision ever! No more maintenance on dark roots.. my hair is in much better condition.

If your hair is dry try to look after it before considering colouring it. Use the Vo5 hotoils they really are great.

Any ways died blonde hair is a trend that is on its way out.

Look at all the celebs who have gone brunnete, cameron diaz, madonna, katie price, ashley simspon, reese witherspoon, britney ;)

even scarlett johannson went brunnette for a while.

Im not suggesting copying celebs at all, just saying how popular it is to be brunnette now.

Although come the summer, i may get a few highlights, not blonde though jsut a couple shades lighter brown. your hairdresser might suggest that too until your hair is in better condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Leave it to a professional. I'm the same. I have dark brown hair naturally but have been getting full head of hilites religiously for a year now and its a dark brown colour. I did a bit of experimenting though today and coloured it myself with Schwarzkopf Live in platinum blonde. Now don't be scared, remember I have really dark hair thats why I was so confident doing it on my own. Here's my before and after pics.

This one is after a full head of hilites for the very first time.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/clovertummy/100_0910.jpg

After dying it myself on top of hair that has gone through full head of hilites four times.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/clovertummy/NINA.jpg

You can also see that my hair condition has changed dramatically, as in drier. So consider the things like, how long do you want to be blonde for, will you change shampoo/haircare products etc. I don't see myself going brown for another 2 years +

Advertisement