Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Seat Covers - Where to get them?!

Options
  • 21-03-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin city centre that would have a good selection of car seat covers?

Or any other suggestions appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,774 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have a look on the net, or in any car shops you come across. I have seen a decent amount of seat covers, but nne i actually want.

I did spend some time looking for a thundercats car seat cover (was hoping for black, with just the red on black logo in the centre) but wasn't able to find anything remotely clsoe so i gave up. EBAY have a lot of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the suggestions!

But new car, old dog combination means I want to get some ASAP and will be in town today.... any decent big motor factors around? Will be in Finglas too.... anything out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,774 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

you'd get some cheap nough ones in Argos, if you are heading by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sudzs wrote:
    But new car, old dog combination means I want to get some ASAP and will be in town today.
    Brand new? Are there air bags in the seats? If so don't put seat covers on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Aldi have a car seat cover especially for dogs in the rear seat. It is attached to the rear of the front seats to the top of the back seats, kinda like a hamock. Please don't forget to get a harness to hold the dog in place should you have to jam on, it will prevent the pooch from hurting themselves. I used the boot dogbars before, hit the back of another car and the poor fecker ended up on the back seat, Had I been going any faster, well imagine a 4 stone boxer flying in a confined space.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks!

Yes, we have a harness for the mutt! He hates it! :(

And it's not a brand new car, '05 and no airbags in the seats.

Had a look at me Argos catalogue and they haven't much. No full sets as far as I can make out....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

sudzs wrote:
    Thanks!

Yes, we have a harness for the mutt! He hates it! :(

Better for him to hate it and be alive!!!!

The Adli thing would be better, as it will also keep hairs, dirty paw prints from the floor as well as the seats. I have let our fella in the back of the car before and spent hours trying to hoover the hairs out. Also, if you have electric windows in the back, turn them off. My fella has lernt to open them so he can stick his head out the window.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Halfords is probably your best bet.

Advertisement