Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Splinter Cell Double agent(xbox 360) Bad ending

• 21-03-2007 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I finished splinter cell double agent today and was expecting some kind of ending sequence.
    However when I was finished I could only hear what was going on over the end credits.
    Why can't I see whats going on at the end?
    Why cant I see an ending movie?
    Is it really supposed to be like this?
    Its stupid
    I mean I remember on splinter cell chaos theory there was an ending movie.
    Whys it done like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

IIRC, the only way to get the best possible ending is to stop the cruise ship from blowing up... when it fails to blow up, it has minimal effect on the level of trust placed in Sam. The majority of the blame is directed at Enrica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

dude do you have to write that it has a bad ending in the title?! I`m in the middle of thsi game and last thing i wanna know is that it has a "bad" ending!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There are actually 3 endings to this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

yeah there are multiple endings to the game based on your choices - but it doesn't matter - they're all crap. Little more than voice overs while the credits run. Even the "best" ending, when you've done everything right in the game, is still like this.

It blows alright, especially considering the gorgeous graphics elsewhere in the game - man, the parachute jump at the start of the arctic level still gives me goosebumps. An ending move would have rocked.

Thats something I've been meaning to ask. In the trailers for the game, they had all these cutscenes of Sam crashing a train off the tracks, his relationship with enrica etc... Why were none of these scenes in the Xbox 360version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

yeah i too found the ending of this game to suck balls. and the final level was way too easy, after going through kinshasa [or watever it was called] i was lookin forward to a good hard level, it cudn hav been easier! ah well

anyone no wat the future of the splinter cell series is, will there be more? god i love splinter cell

Splinter Cell Conviction is supposedly coming next : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell:_Conviction

DarkJager wrote:
    .. Why were none of these scenes in the Xbox 360version?

IIRC The 360 version got the Shanghai mission instead of the Subway mission.

as for Enrica, i just plain don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Sorry woooo232.
    Dont worry you'll still have a lot of fun playing through the game and finishing it cos it is a great game (best graphics Ive ever seen up there with gears of war).
    And you get your acheivement points as well.

Anyway a little off topic but I was wondering who are the two guys in the intro?
    Who's the black bald guy who says "finish your mission" and who's the other guy the white bald guy.
    I dont remember seeing them in the game

quinnd6 wrote:

Anyway a little off topic but I was wondering who are the two guys in the intro?
    Who's the black bald guy who says "finish your mission" and who's the other guy the white bald guy.
    I dont remember seeing them in the game

Probably Irving Lambert - Fisher's boss, and Emile Dufrene the 'brains' behind JBA.

• Advertisement

Just a question for anyone who has finished it
    Did anybody else notice that if you take the option of shooting Jamie, Lambert makes a quick speech then doesn't move any more. Does this mean that despite your best efforts, he still dies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

In one of the JBA headquarters levels I got sam to meet her in her bedroom when I climbed back through the window from Emile's room. She catchs you leaving the room and things get going.

DarkJager wrote:
    Just a question for anyone who has finished it

There's a fair amount of speculation about that, but Splinter Cell Essentials is a hint i think.

Advertisement