Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

For dinner last night, we had melt-in-the-mouth fillet steaks from the best butchers in Cork, pan-fried medium rare. Served with fantastic dauphoise potatoes, pepper sauce, and vegetables. Followed with warm brownies and vanilla ice-cream (for him, not me, as I'm off chocolate until Easter).

Then we had American style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast. Delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 anthonno

Salmon with teriyaki sauce, stir fried vegetables and jasmine rice.

Stir fried some vegetables with garlic and a chili. Made the teriyaki sauce up from soy sauce, sake and sugar. Pan fried the salmon separately and then put it all together. Quicker to make than it sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Faith wrote: »
    For dinner last night, we had melt-in-the-mouth fillet steaks from the best butchers in Cork, pan-fried medium rare. Served with fantastic dauphoise potatoes, pepper sauce, and vegetables. Followed with warm brownies and vanilla ice-cream (for him, not me, as I'm off chocolate until Easter).

Then we had American style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast. Delish.

Do you mind me asking what butcher you are talking about. I'm looking out for a good one.

I had chicken casear salad last night.

Roast chicken, peas, turnip, gravy and roast potato tonight.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what butcher you are talking about. I'm looking out for a good one.

I had chicken casear salad last night.

Roast chicken, peas, turnip, gravy and roast potato tonight.

O' Flynns on Marlboro Street. Expensive, but worth it. The guys in there really know their stuff, and they're so helpful and obliging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

fish cakes to start, sea bass & a calypso coffee for dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

O' Flynns on Marlboro Street. Expensive, but worth it. The guys in there really know their stuff, and they're so helpful and obliging.

http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/redface.gif

I'd second that!!;)

:o
    I'd second that!!;)

Do you have something to do with them? They really are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night was roast chicken (completely chicken-themed week here) with roast baby potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sugar snap peas and gravy. Dessert was home-made apple crumble and vanilla ice cream.

Tonight was spinach lasagna with a tangy dressed salad and home-made tomato bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Tonight for us;

Mum and granny:

Roast Beef, Carrots, Potatoes and Gravy.

Me:

Chinese Takeaway.

Chicken Chow Main
    Egg Fried Rice
    Chicken Balls
    Spring Rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Spent most of the weekend cooking dinners to be frozen for after work handiness. Made a tasty bacon, chive and mushroom quiche, Des's Cornish pasties from the cooking club (these look yum!), moules provencale and a beef and butternut squash curry - not sure how well this will freeze as there's cream in it :confused:

After all that cooking I went home to my parents for dinner, the aulfella made a thai red curry so haven't sampled any of my wares yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

anthonno wrote: »
    Yes it is. Is that not allowed? I thought it was just selling stuff that was out of bounds. I am not selling anything. No ads on the blog either.

Anthony

:D I had a look at your blog and your name is there, which is very similar to your Boards name and I just wanted to compliment your recipes there. That's why I asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

picture.php?albumid=1068&pictureid=5468

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Do you have something to do with them? They really are great.

No, just a sometimes customer.
    The original O Flynn's sausage!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Roast lamb, baby news roasted and puree of carrot and parsnip and homemade gravy.

First food since Friday. My belly thought my throat was cut!

Had the Coley in the freezer from Aldi. Coley is just pollock apparently. Nearing the last of the leeks from the garden. This got the thumbs up from my wife. Very important that.

Smoked coley chowder and buttermilk scones.

Very quiet around this thread lately!

Monday night was a sesame beef stir fry, with broccoli, sugar snap peas, Chinese leaf and scallions, with noodles.

Last night was pork and apple sausages with onion gravy, mash, tenderstem broccoli and steamed carrots.

Not the same ones though. Left over beef stew for lunch with cabbage and more spuds. Left over smoked coley chowder with brown bread for tea. Not too much cooking yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had big bowl of chilli mince and rice last night was quick and tasty. Tonight chicken curry and rice is on the menu. havnt had it in aaaaaaaages so really looking forward to it!

There were seven of us tonight, as five friends ended up passing through for a quick dinner en route, so I made home-made pizza.

Three kinds - ham and mushroom, chorizo and sweetcorn, and the third was loaded with everything...ham, mushroom, sweetcorn, chorizo and green peppers.

Alongside this we had two pasta salads - creamy tomato, and basil pesto - and a nice crunchy mixed leaf salad with heaps of cucumber and tomatoes and a nice tangy dressing.

Great dinner...every bite was eaten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Tonight;

Mam and granny:

Potatoes, grilled tomatoes, fried egg and crumbed fish.

Me:

Potatoes, rashers and fried egg.

• Advertisement

Yesterday

I had steak, salad, fries and mushroom sauce for lunch with a glass of white wine.

For dinner I had mushrooms on toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yesterday I had steak, boiled new potatoes, fried mushrooms and onions with peppercorn sauce. Delicious homely food :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Steak and baby leaf salad with a homemade vingarette.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Red pimentos (the long pointy thinner ones) stuffed with risotto (mushroom & sweetpotato) and goats cheese on top. First baked then topped with the cheese and finished in the oven.

MAde choc chip cookies last night and planted my blackcurrant bushes out the back garden. The sage is looking good! Its at that sticky baby stage and the rosemary is as asssertive as ever. If my herbs were people, the rosemary would be the bossy overbearing shouter , the sage would be cheeky and all over the place and the lavendar would flirt with them all. :)

I need to get out more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

crispy chicken with sweet & sour sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Rabbit pie, grilled asparagus with lemon butter, new potatoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Bought a new grill last week....I've succumbed to the time-demands of parenthood and bought my first gas-grill (where previously I was always a charcoal burner).

Spent the past few evenings finding out how different it is.

Tuesday : cervelas, mozarella sticks, marinaded rabbit fillets and potatoes from the grill, served with salad.

Wednesday: spare ribs, and mozarella sticks from the grill, served with tabouleh.

Thursday: skewers of marinaded pork (pinchos), red pepper and streaky bacon, and potato wedges from the grill....oh, and mozarella sticks.

(Mrs. bonkey likes mozarella sticks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Threw together a pad thai. This weekend is some cooking projects - quince jelly and quince paste, a lamb curry and possibly a marinated beef dish of some variety. Also making own coleslaw (got an excellent recipe for the coleslaw mayonnaise, tweaked it a bit, and was utterly delighted with the first result, so doing that again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

got an excellent recipe for the coleslaw mayonnaise, tweaked it a bit, and was utterly delighted with the first result, so doing that again.

How can you say this, and not share?????

;)

• Advertisement

I'm doing a smoked Duck salad this evening. It should feature baby spinach, avocado, tomato, spring onions and what ever else is in the fridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement