Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had roast chicken, roast potatoes, celearic (sp) and gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

CJ, would you take some photos of this being done and post them the next time you do it? Sounds very interesting!
    Wouldn't do this dish inside(TO MUCH OIL AT HIGH TEMPERATURES IN POT) but I have done it outside and its a great way to do turkey if you marinate it(12 -24 hours)
    Great summer dish ( Irish summer)but get the right handling equipment .

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

made this tonight. got the idea from the Rustichetta Pizza in Milanos in Galway.

phpJmEC9kAM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

▲▲▲▲▲
    Any chance you can resize that chief? It's taking up a huge amount of screen space.

7A110456AA7A442B9BD1ECEDD528FEE5-800.jpg

Ah yes you can't beat the humble hamburger. You can make it in minutes and add pretty much anything you want. This had thyme, basil, coarse ground black pepper, a red chili (just one was enough), fried onions, ketchup and was topped off with lettuce, mayo and polish cheese. Tastey.

It was nice but Ballymaloe Relish would have been nicer in the meat mix than the ketchup I used.

great pic!

7A110456AA7A442B9BD1ECEDD528FEE5-800.jpg

Ah yes you can't beat the humble hamburger. You can make it in minutes and add pretty much anything you want. This had thyme, basil, coarse ground black pepper, a red chili, fried onions, ketchup and was topped off with lettuce, mayo and polish cheese. Tastey.

It was nice but Ballymaloe Relish would have been nicer in the meat mix than the ketchup I used.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Smoked tofu Ceasar salad. Tonight is polenta and saussagemeat from Superquinn burgers with Bisto and celeriac and potato mash. Homemade mushy peas with them and a tiramisu for afters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mashed potatoes, carrots, steak, and pepper sauce for us tonight.

Had Lamb Chops instead of steak as the wrong meat was taken out of the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

It was the OH bday yesterday so I made garlic and breadcrumb mussels with homemade brown bread, mains was fillet steak with chunky cajun wedges, bernaise sauce and and big salad. The bernaise was my first attempt, worked out quite well, if a slight bit too vinegary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I had Trinidadian chicken curry with coconut rice and peshwari naan. Recipe adapted from here http://ivoryhut.com/2010/02/curry-chicken-alla-tom/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Last night I had some mince in the fridge so I decided to do some meatballs in pepper sauce and I must say, they kicked ass :D

I mixed loads of garlic, onion, thyme, salt and pepper with the mince and rolled it into balls about half the size of tennis balls, sealed them on the pan for about 15 minutes and then put them in the oven for another half hour in olive oil, they were gorgeous (if I do say so myself)...

Had them with baby boiled potatoes and fried mushroom and onion with the remaining juices from the meat on the pan while my balls were in the oven :cool: :pac:

I really must get my camera fixed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Had some Lovely slow cooked Chilli which was in the oven for 3+hrs. Served with some sticky rice and some homemade chilli cornbread..

nomnomnom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Made a pizza base from scratch last night, decided to try chicken enchiladas on a pizza for some reason, minus the wraps of course! it turned out really tasty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Boiled potatos with leek, sausages with shallots & steamed mange tout.

Spicy Wedges for me tonight.

Tuna on toast for mam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

made this tonight. got the idea from the Rustichetta Pizza in Milanos in Galway.

Hi tom

That pizza looks deadly! I tried making pizza recently and it ended in disaster! :D Can you tell us how you made the dough?

Thanks,
    Alex

sure thing Alex. its here for ya...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055829456

Hi tom

That pizza looks deadly! I tried making pizza recently and it ended in disaster! :D Can you tell us how you made the dough?

Thanks,
    Alex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Had a hangover, but felt like cooking. Put an Irish stew in the slow cooker for dinner on Monday, and cooked a chili verde for dinner today. Chili verde wasn't bad, but had to use canned tomatillos. Also could only get tomatillos whole, canned in brine, which wasn't ideal. Didn't season anything in cooking with salt and the brined tomatillos did the work on the salt front. Flavour was good, but looking forward to trying it in the future with fresh tomatillos (which I have to grow myself because I can't get them here).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

pasta amatriciana last night & a nice healthy salad today as it was so hot.

Today I had the family over and I cooked roast chicken with a selection of roasted veg (carrots, parsnips, courgettes, mushrooms, baby corn, red onion, asparagus and mixed peppers) and mashed and roast spuds and pepper sauce.. Went down very well :D clean plates all round.. My sis is a veggie so I just did some Linda McCartney stuff, red onion and leak plaits, I believe, and I did a cheese sauce for her..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Chicken supremes with dauphinoise potatoes and pan fried mushrooms with a mushroom velouté.

• Advertisement

i am driven crazy by descriptions with the lack of pictures

Had Roast Chicken and Stuffing yesterday.

Don't know what we'll have tonight.

garlic, ginger, soy sauce, fish-sauce and chicken stir-fry with brown rice

27x33mw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Slow cooker is working a charm. Last night's dinner - and tonights - is Irish stew out of the slow cooker. Beautifully timed considering our weather has taken a turn for wintery. Will do beef n guinness stew in it tomorrow evening and cook overnight Wednesday, then allow to cool on Thursday day time and make pies with it for Thursday night's dinner.

Made enchiladas last night, soooo tasty :D was very proud of myself, had spicy wedges and torilla chips on the side.. MMmmmmm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Slow cooker is working a charm. Last night's dinner - and tonights - is Irish stew out of the slow cooker. Beautifully timed considering our weather has taken a turn for wintery. Will do beef n guinness stew in it tomorrow evening and cook overnight Wednesday, then allow to cool on Thursday day time and make pies with it for Thursday night's dinner.

I was just thinking about half an hour ago that winter is on its way and I need to get the slow cooker out soon. Me and the OH are on a bit of a vegetarian kick at the moment and I'm not sure how many veggie dishes you could cook in the slow cooker. Might have to experiment a little. I love stew in the slow cooker.

Last night was a paella - not the regular chicken/seafood version - I didn't have any prawns or fish but did have some great chicken stock and a couple of chicken pieces. So it was a chicken and artichoke paella flavoured with oloroso sherry and hints of nutmeg and lemon spices. I cooked it in a deep non stick pan and let it cook out so the bottom of the pan began to crisp up and caramelise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Made stuffed peppers along with some baby potatoes and carrots was yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Monkfish wrapped in parma ham with dauphinoise potatoes and melon and chilli salsa. Yum!

• Advertisement

Bit of a mish mash of things - grilled some spatchcocked quails on the ridgepan in the garden before finishing in the oven; made a baked aubergine dish with spices, then dressed with pine nuts, goats cheese and dried cranberries, with lemon juice, olive oil and mint; also made a spaghetti with tomatoes, black olives and basil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement