Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had crab bake and salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Home-made lasagne. Made sauce with beef mince, sausage meat and chicken livers, and added sliced mushrooms and sundried tomatoes (less classic, more 'what's in the fridge'.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

picture.php?albumid=1068&pictureid=5969

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Jerk chicken and jollof rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

parma ham and dressed spinach pizza with sweet potato oven chips (which I'd already eaten by the time i got the camera out)

:)

24eqm0z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Salmon with lentils and mustard-herb butter.
    Thanks to epicurious for iPad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Today we are having Roast Chicken, stuffing, carrots, broccoli, potatoes and gravy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Today I made a stew and it was lovely :D and still loads left, I love stew the day after it's cooked.. sooo tasty :p real comfort food...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

I had chicken paid thai from Diep at Home OMG yum :)

Surf n turf - 6 oysters with tabasco & lemon; then a grilled ribeye with rustic chips and a goats cheese and watercress salad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i made my first quiche. stuck with veggies -tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms and garlic. turned out good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i made a quiche too. but an unhealthy one, A full irish breakfast quiche!
    Sausages, rasher, black and white pudding along with some onion. It's good but i should have used some tomato

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i made a quiche too. but an unhealthy one, A full irish breakfast quiche!
    Sausages, rasher, black and white pudding along with some onion. It's good but i should have used some tomato

hahaha i love your name. and yeah i think every quiche needs tomato! i think i want to try a salmon and spinach [and tomato..] one next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had stuffed pork steak, roast potatoes and ratatouille - yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I had the in-laws over for dinner and made Chicken stuffed with black pudding wrapped in parma ham, with a cider and mustard sauce. Served with Mash and Garlic and Seaseme Green beans and Bacon and Mint Peas.

I made Pannacotta for Dessert with fresh raspberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Chicken and chorizo in a rich tomato sauce with loads peppers, onions etc served with pasta. Yum !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=5998

Stir-fry made with leftover bits and pieces.

Tomorrow I'm making janeybabe's brownies. Later on in the week I want to have a go at tomaschonnie's pizza!

check this out for the recipe http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055829456&highlight=delayed+fermentation

good luck and enjoy :)

by the way, try using a little bit less water than is mentioned in the recipe as im finding the dough a bit wet and hard to handle.

Stir-fry made with leftover bits and pieces.

Tomorrow I'm making janeybabe's brownies. Later on in the week I want to have a go at tomaschonnie's pizza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Last night was Thai red curry with prawns delish. Tonight was sautéed baby potato slices, asparagus with sea salt & grated parmesan and garlic prawns. I actually licked my plate, thankfully I was on my own.:p

Celeriac soup with scallops dusted with cardamon masala.

• Advertisement

Marinated Chicken with Grated Cheese in a bread roll.

I am ill so didn't eat much of it. Everything smells like rubber atm and it's putting me off food.:( Hope this cold fecks off soon!:mad:

Had reheated lasagne and a salad last night. Rest of it's gone in the freezer so tonight is sweet and sour chicken and rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Last night was (another) grill-evening.

I took two legs of chicken, and seperated the drumsticks from teh thighs. THe thighs I deboned, and flattened out.

Rubbed the lot with some pinchos spice-mix and a bit of lemon juice. Put the thighs on the upper rack of the grill, and the drumsticks on the lower, so they'd cook in about the same time.

We then decided the legs were a touch on the small side, so opened a pack of merguez sausages as well.

Served with some green salad and bread.

Tasty.

Just a toasted sandwich for me tonight.

Ham, scallions/spring onions and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had grilled chicken with jack daniels bbq sauce, salad and chips. nom nom nom!

Sweet and sour chicken with rice and vegetables. One thing I rarely make from scratch (no idea why, since I can and I have a good recipe for it) is sweet and sour sauce. Last night I picked up a jar of plain sauce from the chinese section of the supermarket, and threw it over chopped chicken with chopped carrots and red and yellow peppers to bulk it out. No idea what prompted me to bulk out an otherwise perfectly average meal, but I was glad I had when I had unexpected guests for dinner!

Last night, I did pork on the grill, with a home-made bbq glaze.
    Tabouleh to accompany.

massaman curry (made with homemade paste) with brown rice. jum

rabbit, marinaded in wild garlic, lemon juice and oil, done on teh grill.
    Served with a large mixed-leaf salad and some bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement