Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

had takeaway last night, wasnt well so too lazy to cook. tonight though im making korma from scratch! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tonight is going to be Frank's chicken wings, roast butternut squash and salad.

Bought some chicken wings, cream cheese and Frank's sauce myself. Have you a recipe? I know there's a few in the Elephant & castle thread if I'm stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had a lovely one mum made last night.
    Chicken breast in a white wine and cream sauce with melted mozzerella,chopped up mushroom and onion. Served with spinach which had some sort of stuff through it think there was onion garlic and peppers. And garlic and cheese potatoes. Epic feed.

Last night I'd spiced spatchcock with jewelled couscous from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Brown rice, with sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli, kidney beans, peppers,chick peas, onions, a few other veg all in a lovely tomato and thyme cream sauce with LOADSA cheese......... hmmmmmmmmm my special rice i like to call it

• Advertisement

Had a nice chinese chicken curry and boiled rice. Not one of those ****ty rank chineses,but a proper decent one. Lovely peas and onions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Last night macaroni with mushrooms, rashers, shallots and loads of parmesan and black pepper.

Tonight, striploin steak, more mushrooms, fried onions and roasted cubed potatoes. Yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Had all the family here today. so we had:

Turkey, potatoes (mashed and roasted), carrots and white sauce, peas, broccoli, stuffing and gravy.

Apple tart with cream for afters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Slow roast pork belly with red beans and rice.

Coffee rubbed steak.

• Advertisement

Coffee rubbed steak.

Sounds interesting,nice?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Jamaican chicken creol, baked spuds on the side with cheese, sour cream and chives..

greetings wrote: »
    Sounds interesting,nice?

It was nice alright, don't think I'd go it again though. I'd prefer a little cashel blue over a steak and grilled lightly if I'm looking for something slightly different.

There was a lot of paprika and chillis in the rub too so there was some heat. It's a version of this dish I saw on The Restaurant on RTE. I served it with balsamic onions and a few other bits. I take my steak rare, it may not suit a well done steak unless it was maybe transferred to the oven instead of back to the pan. You'd also need a finely ground coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lasagna, always a favorite and an excellent way to get more vegs into the kids.

4591903555_5791e0e8a1_m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bought some chicken wings, cream cheese and Frank's sauce myself. Have you a recipe? I know there's a few in the Elephant & castle thread if I'm stuck.

Probably too late but...
    I just roast them and then coat in some of the sauce, warmed up with some butter.
    Might try the baking soda trick the next time to get them crispier.
    Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Ham fillet with a port sauce, roast veg and baby potatoes. Yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

thai green curry with brown rice and cooling cucumber

23tr0og.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Roast Chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Roast Lamb, roast beef, carrots, celery with white sauce and gravy.

Went to a family member's house for a chance.

was dying for chinese so had some homemade sesame chicken wit egg fried rice! was yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rare roast leg of lamb with a paste made of lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil pushed into slits in the meat.
    Roast potatoes, carrots, shallots and garlic (with some of the above paste).
    Tabouleh (I don't bother with the bulgar wheat so it's more like a dryish salsa verde)
    Rocket and mustard salad leaves.

We had Mojito Royales before dinner (Mojito topped with sparkling wine rather than sparkling water), WOW!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

It was my wifes birthday so all the stops were pulled out.

Starter: Fruit salad

Main: Herb crusted roast Guinea fowl, garlic roasted potatoes, honey and apple roasted carrots, kale and chard puree, mashed potatoes

Desert: Gateau diane

All followed by a waddle to the couch and much sitting. Looking like it'll be the same for dinner tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/my-moorish-pork-chops-recipe_p_1.html

i did this tho i modfied it with some garlic, tomato paste chillie and used butter beans Im quite full :D oh and soem balsamic

good dish!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

used only a small amount of tomato sauce compared with the usual dollop and it was MUCH better. the base was really crispy and airy.

z62xd.jpg

Having spicy thai chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. new recipe so excited at trying it out! :D

Nice home made beef stroganoff and rice. I have become addicted to anything with rice latley :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

My secret recipe burger with edam and relish in a floury bap with some chips

Pork chops,boiled spuds peas with gravy and apple sauce.Oh yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Last night was the boyf's birthday so we had three courses:

Individual tomato, onion and cheese tarts, chicken breasts with black pudding stuffing wrapped in streaky rashers (drool) and chocolate fondue, with strawberries, bananas, raspberries, pear slices, hazelnuts.

Oh and some cupcakes too :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

des went out to watch football tonight and didnt leave me any dinner, so i had a crisp sandwich :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement