Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got a chicken Madras from the local Indian.. was quite nice, very spicey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Kleftiko...

3 pieces of lamb, roasted peppers onions and mushrooms, with some roast potatoes. Great as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i had egg carbinara and garlic bread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

bruschetta & pasta amatriciana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Huge rib eye steaks, BBQd with fried onions, new potatoes and green salad with red wine!!
    One of my favourite summer dinners (I'm pretending;))!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Chili con carne - our ultimate fall-back dinner. When all else fails, throw together a chili.

Bought a new cook book recently, steering me back towards the glory that is wok cooking with clever flavours. More of that to come, I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

2 mackerel caught a few months ago, fried with a few chopped tomatoes, spuds boiled then sliced and fried with a tin o beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Made some form of chicken curry, marinaded in turmeric, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes, cinnamon, nutmeg and garam masala, sauce made with tomatoes, red peppers, onions, garlic, creme fraiche and flour, with paprika and cumin spiced couscous, delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Fish fingers, mashed potatoes and beans. Have to do it every now and again. Yummy comfort food after a day of exams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I made Spagettie Bolognese with Garlic Bread.. Made waaaay too much and had to be rolled into bed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Mrs Billy had a lovely roast leg of lamb with roasted veg for me on Wednesday night when I flew in (after a week of Swiss hospital food).
    I made a Dopiaza-style curry on Thursday with the leftover lamb.
    Tonight was a Thai green curry with noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Left over Lasagne (only a small bit)

Lamb burger in a bun.

Both are delicious!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just pan fried a piece of cod inspired from this in Martin's Mad about Fish last night. I served it with roasted asparagus and a croquette.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Mrs Billy had a lovely roast leg of lamb with roasted veg for me on Wednesday night when I flew in (after a week of Swiss hospital food).

Love lamb, roasted a leg 2 weeks ago myself, maybe do another this weekend. Hope all's ok with the hospital gig, glad to be home I'm sure.

Cheers Mr M. Getting better. :)

Tonight will be homemade burgers with mash & scallion & tomato gravy.

Lasagne for me tonight. Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I made chicken satay with peanut sauce tonight for the first time. It was delicious. :)

Chocolate soufflé for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had beef in oyster sauce with chillis and fried rice, was yummy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Seasons changed here, so did some wintery cooking today, food to last today and through Monday and Tuesday, since I usually find it difficult to cook in the early part of the week with work.

Loaf of fresh brown soda bread is in the oven, couple of slices of that'll be a beauty with poached eggs. Irish stew going on later (v. simple, lamb, thyme, potatoes, carrots, onions, barley and water). There's a smoked ham hock bubbling with some onions on the stove, making the base for a pea and ham soup which will also be good with the soda bread. All in all, this lot should last the first half of the week nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Having spicy chicken pepperpot with rice tonight. nom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

sea bass with garlic & herbs & just baked some blueberry muffins

Lamb Chops, carrots, broccoli, mashed potatoes and pepper sauce. Delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I really need to stop eating so much chinese.
    Last night it was Chicken Malaysian style with boiled rice chips and sweet and sour sauce. Epic feed.

Half a roast chicken with salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,588 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

meat and veg, maybe a stir fry,
    or even some kangaroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

made some lovely pork gyozas and 2 dipping sauces over the weekend, yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Spaghetti Bolognese today. I remember the days I used to hate it,I wonder what was wrong with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Rack of lamb, cooked pink, with some quinoa, a few green beans with samphire grass. Two sauces to dress the plate - a vinegar reduction with a little veal stock to give a sweet sticky gravy; second sauce was watercress sauce - peppery and bright green. Then just because I managed to get some, I added some lamb sweetbreads in panko breadcrumbs.

Lasagne and Chips for me tonight.

Was delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Spanish chicken casserole type thing with chorizo, onions and baby potatoes, roast balsamic vinegar tomatoes, wilted baby spinach and rocket and rice. Very yummy- felt summery but still very satisfying and filling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement