Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

PIE!
    Chicken bacon and mushroom with baby potatoes and steamed broccoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Red Lentil curry with Couscous and fresh coriander, mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had chicken breast in a cream and sage sauce,not quiet sure how it was made,twasn't I that made it,along with lovely buttery mash. Very delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

sesame chicken and noodles for din dins tonight! nom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Clementine wrote: »
    Spanish chicken casserole type thing with chorizo, onions and baby potatoes, roast balsamic vinegar tomatoes, wilted baby spinach and rocket and rice. Very yummy- felt summery but still very satisfying and filling.
    That sounds yummy, do you have the recipe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

This evenings dinner is Fruity Indian Chicken Curry with Naan bread and rice. Very tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

pizza with mozzarella, tomato and rocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lasagne and Chips again tonight for me.:o So delicious!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

had Ethiopian lentil curry with couscous, seafood paella, sushi and Moroccan goat curry over the weekend in the markets in Camden and Bricklane in London. I treated myself to a skewer of triple-choc covered strawberry skewer for dessert, topped with crushed hazelnuts and mini marshmallows. Man I wish we had markets like that here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

jos28 wrote: »
    That sounds yummy, do you have the recipe ?

Not a recipe as such. The basics are brown some chicken thighs or drumsticks in a heavy pan, throw some onion wedges in with them, some slices of chorizo. Once I was happy enough with the colour of it I put it all in a casserole dish (I don't have any Le Creuset casseroles to go from stove top to oven :( ). Added in some baby potatoes, a few cloves of garlic and some spices- smoked paprika, chili powder, chili flakes, cumin and some mixed herbs I think. I arranged it so the potatoes and onion were at the bottom and chicken skin side up on top. Deglazed the pan with some red wine and then some chicken stock, poured it in on top so the chicken was only half covered. Stuck a lid on and put it in the over for around 90mins at 160C. If you want a good recipe check out Nigel Slater's Moroccan Chicken casserole- kinda similar but with a turmeric and paprika marinade for the chicken, and thin slices of lemon to top it off.

The tomatoes were on the vine with a splash of balsamic and olive oil on top and roasted for around 30mins. Dunnes have some cheap tasty ones at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

mcdonaghs fish and chips for me tonight :p

agedashi tofu with noodles and rice. nom!

Homemade chicken curry indian style with boiled rice. Was lovely.

hassleback sweet potato, with chicken wrapped in streaky bacon. all roasted in the oven.

15xaf6s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I picked up a kilo of fresh tiger prawns at a local chinese supermarket yesterday. Made a couple of dishes.

The first was sichuan pepper prawns. Deheaded the prawns but left the shells on. Then deep fried them for a couple of minutes before scorching them in a dry wok with a mixture of sichuan pepper, chinese five spice and salt. The juicy prawns are peeled, some of the spices coat the shellfish and the morsel is scoffed - with a few ice cold beers to wash them down.

Second dish was butterflied prawns in XO chilli sauce. I chucked in some veggies, a thinly sliced lotus root and a handful of noodles. Good eats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Minder- how much did the prawns cost and where did you get them?

We had pasta in a smoky bacon tomato sauce with some rocket and parmesan.

Lamb burger for me tonight.

Grilled tomatoes, mashed potatoes and rashers for mam and granny.

homemade spaghetti and sauce with sliced sirloin steak

2z8yc03.jpg

Had sesame chicken and rice last night.. tonight a giant bowl of chilli! NOM

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Those photos are making me hungry.

Savoury mince last night. Must decide on something for tonight...

• Advertisement

Good old roast chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

DSC04231.jpg

coriander noodles/beansprouts with crispy lemony prawns and garlic sauce.
    was amaaaazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

and from the past couple days...

tomato, asparagus and mushroom quiche

DSC04212.jpg

and the other night i made rosemary sweet potato wedges, asparagus and...what im calling "mush puppies". blended hot dog meat with red peppers, garlic and coriander. breadcrumbed and fried. pretty good for trailor trash food!

DSC04225.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Striploins with balsamic onions and a bearnaise sauce.

Chinese for me tonight as I accidentally fell asleep and didn't feel like cooking when I woke up lol.

Chicken Chow Main
    Egg Fried Rice
    Spring Rolls

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and from the past couple days...

tomato, asparagus and mushroom quiche

DSC04212.jpg

Oh I love the look of that!

Just stirfried veg/beans/seeds with boiled potatoes for me, as usual

Was nice,had roasted chicken breasts marinated in a home made barbeque sauce served with roasted baby potatoes with olive oil and onions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

xzanti wrote: »
    Jamaican chicken creol, baked spuds on the side with cheese, sour cream and chives..

That sounds lovely - what is Jamaican chicken creol.? Congrats on becoming a moderator by the way ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Teriakey Turf and surf with broccoli and thick noodles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Roasted a duckling, shredded the legs, tossed in hoisin sauce and served in rice pancakes with some shredded vegetables. Rest of roast duckling is on the menu tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement