Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

that duck sounds very good. i had a falafel from the market in galway then made a chickpea curry. turned out pretty nice but doesn't beat the one you get in Kashmir (restaurant in galway, not the region in India although id say they make a nice one there too no doubt)

2ewmttx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had a duck stir fry with carrots, onion, cashew nuts and LOADS of pineapple pieces, pour some lea and perrins in while it's cooking on the wok, I swear I've never been more satisfied, the pineapple makes it! Oh and threw a lash of pineapple juice onto it during cooking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Had Duck, Onion and Date Pastilla from a recipe at the BritishLarder. Served with a Lemon Yoghurt dip. Also made a turkish kebab from minced lamb served with some khoubz and a rocket salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just had my dinner there,steak cooked on the barbeque with pasta in a spicy home made tomato,pepper and chilli sauce. Stuffed now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

cajun chicken and salad

• Advertisement

homemade pasta and sauce with smoked mackerel fillet

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Minder wrote: »
    Had Duck, Onion and Date Pastilla from a recipe at the BritishLarder. Served with a Lemon Yoghurt dip. Also made a turkish kebab from minced lamb served with some khoubz and a rocket salad.

Hi Minder, how did you make the turkish kebab? I have some lamb mince in the freezer and have been threatening to make some for a while now. Would be perfect hangover food for tonight I think :D

Hi Minder, how did you make the turkish kebab? I have some lamb mince in the freezer and have been threatening to make some for a while now. Would be perfect hangover food for tonight I think :D

I made a spice/herb mix of equal volumes of cumin, oregano, mint, sweet paprika - 1/3rd of a cup each (The extra keeps in a jar for the summer). Then added a couple of tablespoons of ground black pepper. For 500g of lamb, add two tablespoons of the spice mix to the minced lamb along with a couple of tablespoons of pomergranate molasses and a tsp of salt. Also add a finely chopped tomato and a finely chopped clove of garlic and mix well by hand. Allow the flavours to develop for 20 mins then shape into long, thick sausages. I find the this doesn't stick to the narrow or round skewers, so I just pan fry on a ridge pan, over hot coals over the bbq. The pomergranate molasses is sweet and can burn easily, so turn the kebabs regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i tried to make chilli ramen noodles, followed some internet recipe and the broth was disgusting! poured it out straight away and in a panic added some red curry paste to chicken stock and threw in lemon juice and home made chilli oil and tossed the noodles into that instead. still not great, but was alright.

went to the asian supermarket at the weekend [there's none around here] so i shall attempt it again with a better recipe in a few days. sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 crazy.daisy

Love this thread, great for inspiration. I have a more involved blog detailing recipes n stuff if anyone is interested!

http://sallyinthegalley.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

lentil curry with chicken

igeq0p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had salmon sushi rolls and veg in tempura batter tonight. had giant bbq on sat, still recovering from it, so needed healthyish food. too much red meat was eaten >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Had breakfast for dinner last night. Thick slice of fresh soda bread with butter, two poached eggs, grilled sausages, bacon, black pudding and a grilled tomato. Had it with a pint-mug of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Friday: Veal Cutlet with white asparagus.
    Saturday: Attended a rugby club BBQ (4 whole hogs & 4 whole lamb). Served with gorgeous potato salad & freshly baked bread.
    Sunday: Roast pork with roasted rosemary & garlic potatoes.
    Monday: Went to a Brazilian "all-you-can-eat" restaurant. Dear Mother of God - I'll need to bring my special "eating pants" the next time.

Had home made szechuan chicken and boiled rice today,and romantica after. Oh yes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Green tea ramen noodles with prawns and fresh chinese veg.

tried my hand at making salmon fish cakes today, wernt too bad. had them with salad and chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Pasta with Smoked fillet of salmon (those ones you get in lidl), baby spinach, cottage cheese, spring onion, garlic and parmasan mixed through. Was very tasty. And made a great pasta salad for packed lunch the next day!

Sounds excellent Clementine. Was just spaghetti bolognese for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

pasta with tomato & chilli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tonight, all done on the (gas) BBQ:

Chicken thighs, Polenta (pot, then BBQ), Aubergine strips, Courgette strips, cherry tomatoes all brushed with flavoured olive oil from marinating olives (garlic, chilli, lemon, bay, thyme, pepper).

Twas very nice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Blue cheese, spring onion and cherry tomato omelet with wedges and dijonaise- I'm addicted to the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Freelancebeauty

home made paté, melted rasberry jam and fresh stapeltons loaf! didn't have much but it rocked. followed by cupan tae.

Had chicken curry and egg fried rice last night. tonight having japanese ginger pork and noodles

I was given a gift of Blue Swimmer Crabs - dressed and frozen - so we had Singapore Chilli Crab. Also made a Thai green curry with large prawns and some jasmine rice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just had the most incredible fillet steak. It was about 2.5 inches thick, seared and cooked rare. Served it with potato dauphinoise, caramelised onions, petit pois and pepper sauce. Mmmmmmmm I can't move now!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

last night i made prawns in breadcrumbs and lemon rind, with coriander noodles and beansprouts and a lemony garlic mayo for dipping.
    tonight i squeezed the meat out of three sausages, mixed it with chopped garlic, red pepper, coriander and cumin, made a patty, breadcrumbed and fried. served with roast asparagus.

Burgers and wedges tonight! tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

a chicken supper last night! from the golden fry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Grilled chicken breast, grilled peppers both sprinkled with a generous amount of ground chilli peppers and drizzled with ovile oil, and some basmatti rice.

Only takes about seven minutes to make!!

Washed down with a nicely chilled bottle of Sol

As for desert dpends on what I can find in the cubboard, but theres a bag of Crunchie Rocks there so think it'll be that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement