Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Got a pot of fresh stock on the hob now simmering away (great way to clean the fridge out :D) and will be using it to make lettuce and courgette soup with fresh mint and served with slices of avocado, my lettuces started to run to seed so got to use em up fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lasagne and Chips for me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

had lasange and mash tonight again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

pasta with tomato & pesto & some garlic bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Chicken a la King, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet red peppers, mushrooms, and sweet potato mash, yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

homemade sourdough with sweet chili sauce spead on top and turkey off the bone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Roast chicken and mashed potatoes. Simple, but delicious.

spicy chicken wraps, wedges and veg

Homemade beef burgers with loads of caramelised onions, creamy mash seasoned with nutmeg and french mustard and a big leafy salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I picked up a lump of Hake while travelling home. Beautiful meaty firm fish. Dinner was a fish stew - onions and garlic, crushed coriander and fennel seeds, saffron, a touch of chilli, bay, oregano, white wine, tomato, and orange juice. I boned out the fish, leaving the skin on, poached it in the stew. Boiled a heap of jersey royals and added them to the stew to steep in that delicious broth. A fist full of parsley finishes the dish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Last night was rosti with bacon and fried eggs.
    Tonight was lamb curry and all the trimmings.

Lasagne and Chips for me tonight.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

whiting: made a batter with budweiser and paprika then coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. had it with new potatoes from the garden boiled then finished off on a hot pan in butter and olive oil.

went out for dinner tonight with my bfs aunts, had chicken tenders,chunky chips and salad. had giant slice of baileys cheesecake afterwards, was stuffered! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Chicken on foccacia with rocket; Also made a fresh coldslaw and a fusilli pasta salad with pine and golden garlic breadcrumbs, tomato and herbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Homemade Chilli Con Carne, Gizzi Erskine's Cook Yourself Thin Recipe with stewing beef, Basmati rice, homemade guacamole and some sour cream, delish.

Biscuit Cake for dessert, 70% chocolate, om nom nom :)

Lamb Burger for me tonight (Sunday).

Roasted stuffed chicken breasts with cous cous & spicy mediterranian veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

homemade chicken korma for us last night

Calf schnitzel with herb butter, chips and veg (orange, purple, yellow and white carrots, french beans, courgette and cauliflower).

• Advertisement

Having leftovers from lunch a nice and simple summery prawn salad (prawns, cucumbers, scallions) seasoned with lemon and lime juice, chili, fish sauce, toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger and fresh corriander and mint.

Steak, Broccoli, Carrots, Potatoes and Pepper Sauce for us tonight.

Me:

Duck in Satay Sauce
    Skewered Chicken Satay
    Fried Rice

Mam:

Oven-baked fish
    Home-made chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Finally trying my hand at thai food, the pad thai with prawns and thick noodles went down well esp with the kids.

brocoli slaw with smoked salmon delicious combination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mission style burritos with tumeric rice, black and pinto beans, and chicken marinated in lime, adobo, chipotle and anchos, served with sour cream and chipotle salsa and salsa verde...

Just for the record, it appears that chipotles in adobo sauce make absolutely everything better...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sparks wrote: »
    Just for the record, it appears that chipotles in adobo sauce make absolutely everything better...

Was this discussed on the forum recently? There was something I meant to put on the shopping list but was distracted by something shiney and forgot...
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Finally trying my hand at thai food, the pad thai with prawns and thick noodles went down well esp with the kids.

Love thai food myself, which reminds me to order this, thanks!

Was this discussed on the forum recently? There was something I meant to put on the shopping list but was distracted by something shiney and forgot...
    Yeah, my chilli recipe in the cooking club last week (or the week before that?) used it.
    Best. Sauce. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, my chilli recipe in the cooking club last week (or the week before that?) used it.
    Best. Sauce. Ever.

And that's why I wanted them on the shopping list. I'll be cooking it before the week's out, I'm 2 weeks behind at the minute but I'll be catching up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement