Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

BBQed burgers and weisswurst (white sausage) in the woods by the river Aare after a quick snámh.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

a mish mash of dishes tonight. worked out well.

• skewers of tandoori chicken, red onion, fresh pineapple, peppers..BBQ'd
    • homemade onion bahji
    • rice with roasted cashews mixed through
    • homemade onion rings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Last night I had deboned chicken thighs on the bbq with E&C chicken wing sauce as a marinade and basting sauce. (Thanks to :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055944043)
    Had it with baked potatoes and home grown salad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I made stuffed Portobello mushrooms.. Stuffed them with cherry tomatoes, red onion, garlic, chopped ham, creamed cheese and topped them with grated red cheddar.. They were gorgeous, really big and filling.. Bit of garlic bread on the side.. Yum :)

Saw it on Come Dine with Me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Today it was Fish Pie, salmon, cod, smoked haddock and peas, got the fish in Tesco for €2, nice one!

Dessert is a new cupcake recipe I'm trying out, with strawberries and cream on top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lamb burgers for us tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

pork chop in basil and olive oil( bought predone from tesco)
    rice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just had a rather delicious crab and avocado salad. It was a lot more filling that I'd expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

beef stir fry with lemongrass and walnuts. had rice vermicelli with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Wednesday - roast whole grouper with shallot, garlic, ginger and lime juice. Served with jasmine rice and asparagus. Excited about the fish, I was disappointed (slightly) with the end result. It cooked nicely, presented nicely, tasted pretty good - just something lacking....

Tonight was a bad traffic and no kitchen time. So Sourdough, cheeses, a few cherry tomatoes and some red wine.

• Advertisement

fried eggs and homemade chips

Lasagne and Chips. Mmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

had beef chilli yesterday, sushi today

Made a batch of marinade for satay - shallots, ginger, galangal, fennel & coriander seeds, tumeric, lemongrass, garlic, palm sugar, salt. Added chicken to half of it and prawns to the rest. After an hour in the marinade, I grilled the skewers on the BBQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Made a thai curry, turned out ok something lacking dough :(

Desert was a huge success though - Chocolate and olive oil mousse :D

Pizza for us tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Penne chicken arrabiata

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I had a dinner party yesterday made crispy bacon and mushroom sauce vol-au-vents for starters, Breaded chicken breasts stuffed with feta cheese, Spinach and sundried tomatoes served with a mixture of roasted herb vegetables and baby potatoes. also made a red wine jus! for the main course and has triple layered chocolate mousse with fresh cream for dessert! it was all a big hit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Snackie

Nettle Cream Soup for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Roasted a whole snapper in a sauce similar to the fish stew recipe from Minder on post #3521 (aside: that's a lot of dinners we had last night).

I bought the fish at the Victoria Market in Melbourne. I've had mixed experiences at the vic market previously - felt ripped off a couple of times, bought less than marvellous produce a couple of times. However on Saturday morning I was in the market at 8.15am and discovered there is a marked difference between the stallholders' attitude to 'proper' market shoppers (morning) compared to 'fairweather' market shoppers (post-1pm).

I walked out with a gorgeously fresh red snapper, an inch-thick sashimi grade tuna steak, and 18" of beautiful, thick pork belly that I had cut into two pieces, along with 2kgs of dried beans, all for about the equivalent of 35 euros - a price I'm happy with compared to what the equivalent would cost me in the supermarkets here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

[QUOTE=

I bought the fish at the Victoria Market in Melbourne. ompared to what the equivalent would cost me in the supermarkets here.[/QUOTE]

I lived there for 3 years, and went there every Sat morning.... I love it.

Had chicken and chorizo rice bake last night, courtesy of the cooking club.... it was yummm. Am on a diet so had no dessert, but had made peanut butter chocolate biscuits for OH so he was happy.

Had a glass of sparkling wine to go with it.

Potatoes, Carrots, Bacon and gravy for us.

Surprisingly the Bacon was lovely and I normally can't stand home-cooked bacon.

Chocolate Muffin for dessert.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Slow roast belly pork with christianos y moros (cuban dish of beans and rice, but made more like a vegetable stew). Used dried black beans - lots of flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Lemon sole with baby potatoes & garlic & herbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Wednesday - Tea & diverse sandwiches on The Pavillion while watching HB Jr I at cricket practice.
    Thursday - Lamb chops & homemade chips.
    Friday - Burgers & Mrs Billy's salad.
    Saturday - BBQ at a neighbour’s house. Steaks, burgers, chicken kebabs & a wonderful selection of salads. Cakes to die for from another neighbour. The host's homemade JD BBQ sauce was super too. (Must ask for the recipe.)
    Sunday - Gazpacho & a selection of tapas (mushrooms in port, green beans in garlic, tuna fillet in filo, chorizo & spicy (but overcooked) chicken drumsticks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Last night had chicken in a mushroom and white wine sauce served on a bed of champ with garlic potatoes

Yesterday was crab. Croustades filled with crab and avocado with a spicy mayo. Also crab beignets with a lime mayo dipping sauce. Big salad.

Lasagne & Chips for me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

dlambirl wrote: »
    Last night had chicken in a mushroom and white wine sauce served on a bed of champ with garlic potatoes
    Sounds delicious!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Saturday - grilled pork steaks & spiced bratwurst from the grill, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes, all from the grill...with some side salad(s)
    Sunday - pinchoz, bacon and red pepper skewers from the grill, corn on the cob, and tabouleh
    Tonight - fishfingers and boiled spuds. (Mrs bonkey wanted a break from grill)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement