Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Purple Bobbin, do you like gravy by any chance lol :p That hake looks nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Purple Bobbin, do you like gravy by any chance lol :p That hake looks nice though.
    No, I don't like Gravy lol.:p

The Hake was delicious. I got it in Dunnes Stores, €1.50 for a box of two (decently sized) fillets. I normally can't stand fish, so I was suprised I liked the Hake lol.:o

Gonna get more tomorrow if they've any left.:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

chicken chow mein and fried rice!

Hake Fillets in a Tomato and Basil sauce with Potatoes and White Sauce.:D

13072010038.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had home made chicken kievs last night with mash potato and pepper sauce over it. Ohhhh yes

• Advertisement

Lasagne & Chips for me tonight.

I'd eaten half the Lasagne before I took this pic lol.

mobilepics007.jpg

Had chicken stuffed with garlic&herb cream cheese and wrapped in parma ham, along with carrots, turnips, and mash spuds with a birra cream cheese mixed in... was sooooooooooooo good!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Hake must be cheap at the moment cos I had it too. Done on the bbq along with corn on the cob and some boiled baby potatoes. Yum !

Was out for dinner tonight, so had:

Starter: White Asparagus in a Béchamel sauce.
    Main: T-Bone Steak with baby carrots, garlic mushrooms, mashed potatoes and pepper sauce.

For lunch I had a Beer stir fry with noodles and vegetables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

greetings wrote: »
    Had home made chicken kievs last night with mash potato and pepper sauce over it. Ohhhh yes

Would you have a recipe for the home made chicken kievs by any chance? Sound delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Been making and eating chili of various recipes the last few nights. Chili beany spicy goodness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hake Fillets in a Tomato and Basil sauce with Potatoes and White Sauce.:D

13072010038.jpg
    You're a woman after me own heart with that amount of pepper. :D Yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

Was out too last night so had Yuk Sung for starters which thankfully came with a bowl of water for washing up later, then Fillet Beef in Green pepper and black bean sauce and fried rice.
    and a double espresso to finish :)

Would you have a recipe for the home made chicken kievs by any chance? Sound delish!

I'll try and find out for you,'twas the mother who made them. :D

Was out for dinner last night.

Starter:Had a lobster salad. Half a lobster cooked in garlic butter with a side salad and crispy french baquette for dippin' :)
    Main course: Thai Salmon-Grilled salmon done in some thai dry rub served over boiled rice and a stir fry of peppers,onions,corn and some other veggies that evade me at the moment. Was delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Made tarragon and lemon chicken with mash roast baby potatoes, and steamed veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

making mousakka tonight, never mad it before so this could be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Made tarragon and lemon chicken with mash roast baby potatoes, and steamed veg.

What recipe did you use for the chicken? I have loads of tarragon growing wild and keep making bearnaise sauce with it (not so good for the waistline :) )

Had Tenley Damaged Risk's creamy salmon pasta from the cooking club. Was delicious! :)

Having a nice burger with cheese and fried onions tonight, prob a bit of turnip to fill the plate and myself up too!

Was out for dinner tonight, so had:

Starter: White Asparagus in a Béchamel sauce.
    Main: T-Bone Steak with baby carrots, garlic mushrooms, mashed potatoes and pepper sauce.

For lunch I had a Beer stir fry with noodles and vegetables.
    Sorry, that should say Beef stir-fry lol not Beer Stir-fry.:o:D
    Hill Billy wrote: »
    You're a woman after me own heart with that amount of pepper. :D Yum!
    :D I loooooooooove Pepper, can never have enough of it, I have it on everything lol!

• Advertisement

Was out for dinner again tonight, another fab feed.

Starter:BBQ Chicken Wings with Back baby ribs with a garlic dip and side salad.
    Main: Lasgane and Chips
    Dessert: Warmed Center Chocolate Fudge cake with Malteser Ice-Cream and a Butter scotch sauce.

Was absolutely delicious. I took some photos of my meals and also of the meals the other people I was with had, I will try to get them uploaded over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Palourde clams and butterflied prawns in a tomato and garlic soup with fregola. A sourdough baton to mop up the juices.

Tonight:

Peppered Steak, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Carrots, Onions, Potatoes and pepper Sauce.

17072010048.jpg
    Was out for dinner again tonight, another fab feed.

Starter:BBQ Chicken Wings with Back baby ribs with a garlic dip and side salad.
    Main: Lasgane and Chips
    Dessert: Warmed Center Chocolate Fudge cake with Malteser Ice-Cream and a Butter scotch sauce.

Was absolutely delicious. I took some photos of my meals and also of the meals the other people I was with had, I will try to get them uploaded over the weekend.
    Pics of last night's food:

I can't find the photos of the food the other people I was with had, I don't know why as I definitely took photos.

Starter: BBQ Chicken Wings with Back baby ribs with a garlic dip and side salad.

Side salad (I can't find photos of the Chicken wings or baby back ribs)

dsc00673xu.jpg

Main: Lasagne and Chips

dsc00672i.jpg

I'd eaten have the dessert before taking this pic. :o:pac:

dsc00675t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Marinated Boneless chicken thighs in peri- peri with honey roasted butternut squash and carrots!! Was DELICIOUS!! :D

33axly1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Slow cooked cassolet with pork belly, chorizo, red wine, canned tomatoes and haricot beans. Had some courgettes/fresh tomatoes/parsley/garlic and onions from the garden so through them in. Served with crusty bread.

OH declared it amazing, and was very easy to cook.;)

Best of all, there is enough left for dinner today....

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

made falafel but served in a wrap instead of a pita. was gorgeous.

Chicken and pasta

Had the same as last night as mam forgot to put the extra Steak into the freezer lol.

Peppered Steak, Broccoli, Carrots, Onions/Scallions, Potatoes and pepper Sauce.

18072010051.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

T-Bones, creamed spinach pot with melted gruyere cheese, chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Beer has been away for the last couple of weeks so I've been pretty bad for cooking but tonight is going to be a home grown/caught/foraged feast!!

Elderflower Champagne as an aperitif.

Sea Bass Steaks, which I caught last week and froze most of.
    Striped Beetroot and purple carrot slaw (both from garden) flavoured with wassabi, lemon juice, miso and ginger.
    Tomato and Mango Salsa (garlic, red onion, chilli home grown).
    Thai Fragrant Rice.

Blueberries and Raspberries with Mint (all from garden) with Greek Style Yoghurt and Honey.

Goddamn recession!! Why can't I buy food and not have to make do like this!!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement