Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

pizza express magherita...couldnt be arsed to cook anythin else when i got in:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

PIZZA MADE FROM SCRATCH! YUM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

pizza express magherita...couldnt be arsed to cook anythin else when i got in:(

MAKE FROM SCRATCH WHEN NOT IN LAZY MOOD!. ten times nicer if ya get it right! :_)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

foodaholic wrote: »
    Indian style shepherds pie with swiss chard

howz that done ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stir fried sirloin, savoy cabbage and egg noodles, with a dash of soy sauce and some lemongrass :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

chicken wrapped in parma ham stuffed with hot peppers and cashel blue :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

First time I made it and if the oh's reaction is anything to go by will be making it again. Its Anjiham Anads recipe, but I didnt use the cream.

Ingredients

* 700g potatoes
    * 4 tbsp vegetable oil
    * 3 black cardamom
    * 1 onion, chopped
    * 10g ginger
    * 6 cloves garlic
    * 1 tbsp ground coriander
    * 1 tsp red chilli powder
    * 1.5 tsp ground cumin
    * 1.5 tsp garam masala
    * 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    * 450g minced lamb
    * 150ml lamb or chicken stock
    * 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    * 2 tomatoes, chopped
    * 50g butter
    * 250ml milk, (for a richer dish, substitute cream for some of the milk)
    * 3 handfuls frozen peas

Method
    1. Boil the potatoes, whole, in a pan in boiling, salted water until tender - about 15-20 minutes. Drain well and carefully skin the potatoes. Mash well with a ricer or potato masher and set the potatoes aside.

2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan, add the cardamom pods and fry for 30 seconds. Add the onion and fry until golden-brown.

3. Using a food processor or blender, make a fine paste of the ginger and garlic, adding a good splash of water. Add to the pan with all the spices and salt, to taste. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in the lamb and brown over a moderate heat for 6 minutes.

4. Add the stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and remove the black cardamom pods. There should be a little liquid still left in the pan.

5. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat the butter and milk (with the cream, if using) in a pan until hot, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the reserved mashed potatoes. Stir lightly and quickly to incorporate, then taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove from the heat.

6. Stir the peas into the lamb and place the lamb mixture in an ovenproof dish. Top with the potatoes. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thursday: Gammon steak, carrots, broccoli, mashed potatoes with scallions and gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Mrs Minder birthday yesterday so I cooked. Starter was scallops with a cauliflower puree, cumin veloute and a ras el hanout caramel. Main course was a rack of lamb with potatoes parmentier with puy lentils, baby carrots, asparagus and a maderia sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Wings with Franks sauce, ribs in char siu, celery with blue cheese dressing (dean & deluca recipe), beers.

Bizarrely, am not a fan of Franks sauce. Had heard so much about it, so bought it to try, and I'm not a fan. Far prefer a bottle of Nandos Peri Peri mixed with butter as a wing sauce.

I add a little tamarind extract and a pinch of sugar to mine - makes it kind of more rounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tonight is going to be a confused Asian stew of minced pork, aubergine and tofu with some black beans, Thai fragrant rice and a mint and lime cucumber salad.
    Rosé wine, methinks:D

[IMG][/img]resized_1.jpg

Good 'oul beef stew done in the slow cooker

Pepperoni Pizza.
    BBQ Spare Ribs.

BBQ flavour foods don't normally agree with me, so we'll see how these go, they smell & look delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Made chilli con carne with wild rice yesterday.
    Today i put the left overs in a tortilla loaded with lettuce, cheese and jalapeños with salad!!
    Delicious.... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Getting a Chinese tonight,lazy night I think.
    Gonna get a chicken curry with noodles and chips. Oh yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Went to a BBQ at a mate's house and had striploin steaks, kebabs with garlic-marinated horse and bison wrapped in bacon.

I also made Greek salad and Hörnli (a common pasta here) salad with sausage, Gruyérès cheese and gherkins in a mild curried vinaigrette.

Washed down with craft-brewed local beers and looking at The Eiger and Jungfrau bathed in glorious setting sunlight.

Magical! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

A really nice chicken curry

went out with friends for dinner last night I had lovely squab pidgeon for starters. For mains I had shoulder and rack of lamb with goats cheese. Unusual flavours but really worked

Last night (Saturday): Pasta Bows in a Spicy Tomato and Pepperoni sauce.

Tonight: Pasta Bows in a Carbonara sauce

P8010191-1.jpg

Although, I didn't eat the Pasta Bows in the Carbonara sauce as it was very garlicy so I cooked some more Pasta Bows and had them in a Spicy Pepperoni & Tomato sauce.

P8010195-1.jpg

Absolutely delicious!

Tonight: Peppered steak, potatoes, carrots, broccoli and Pepper Sauce. Mmm.

P8020203-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=6918

Lasagne and Chips for me tonight.

Hake, Carrots, Celery, White Sauce and Potatoes.

Before I put the White Sauce on:
    P8040210-1.jpg

After I put the White Sauce on:
    P8040211-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Tonight was lamb in a herby breadcrumb crust, served with potato gratin and an almost-ratatouille (with the tomatoes, courgette and shallot all from the garden).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Tagiatelle with Chicken, Pine Nuts, Sultanas & Rosemary.
    Historic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=6918

Little Alex they look fab, i hope you enjoyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

temply wrote: »
    Little Alex they look fab, i hope you enjoyed!

Thanks! Yeah, they weren't bad at all. 10 drumsticks in a packet, one each for the dogs and four each per person... more than enough! :)

Last night I had this...

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=6956

Sometimes only a durty chipper will do! :D

Tonight I'm going to give Week 31 a bash.

Lamb chops, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onion, potatoes and gravy.

Before I put the gravy on
    beforesauce-1.jpg

After I put the gravy on
    aftersauce-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just had big al's burger and wedges last night,I was rather disappointed :( Think I'm heading out for dinner with the family tonight,can't wait :)

• Advertisement

Chip-shop wake away for us tonight.

Me:

Cheese Burger
    Chicken Nuggets
    Chips

Mum:

Club Burger
    Chips

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement