Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

roast chicken, mash and potato croquets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Free range pork chops with marjoram (gas BBQ); steamed spuds; roast beetroot, carrots and garlic; roast tomato and thyme sauce; rocket salad.

Everything except the pig is from the garden!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Butternut squash chips!! (I just had a huge plate full and craving another plate!!)

They are my new favourite thing!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

roast chicken, mash and potato croquets

Lol I had roast lamb and potato croquettes! :)

Followed by Haagen Daaz. Mmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Faith wrote: »
    Followed by Haagen Daaz. Mmmm.

Drool!!!

I'd kill for some ice-cream!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Saturday: Roast Lamb, Broccoli, Carrots, Potatoes and Gravy.

A few photos...:D

roastlamb640x480-1.jpg
    roastlamb640x480-2.jpg
    roastlamb640x480-3.jpg
    roastlamb640x480-4.jpg

Sunday: Lasagne
    Monday (today): Lasagne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had the nicest t bone steak ever last night :D Smothered in pepper sauce served with creamy mash and fried onions. Wonder what it'll be tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

had my lamb and guinness stew re-heated from sunday. yum. slightly spicy with a lemongrass twist and just so hearthy!

loving the forum and thread btw! i like to cook and sometimes just can't get good ideas anywhere - now i can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

loving the forum and thread btw! i like to cook and sometimes just can't get good ideas anywhere - now i can!

have you seen the Cooking Club?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1355

great for ideas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Des wrote: »
    have you seen the Cooking Club?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1355

great for ideas:)

yeah i've been browsing it Des - some really really good recipes and twists on some of my favs :). i'll be coming back!! this forum should really help me get some inspiration!

• Advertisement

Folks, we're going to implement a one-picture-per-post rule. I'm sure we all love the pictures of gourmet meals, but one picture is enough, so choose wisely. Thanks.

Tonight: Lamb Chops, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushrooms, Onions and Potatoes.

640x480-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Tonight: Lamb Chops, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushrooms, Onions and Potatoes.

640x480-1.jpg

Looks like every other meal you eat. Bulk covered in gravy and a black dust I assume you think is pepper. Enough with the photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Perhaps we could just take photos of particularly appetizing, interesting or unusual meals and leave out the photos of our more usual or repetitive dinners.

Last night I was on the hoof so dinner was a chicken sandwich and a packet of Tayto salt and vinegar. I'm sure I have a photo here somewhere... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I agree n-p. We now have a one pic per post rule in the title.

I'd really like to hear about the more unusual meals that people make & eat too.

As for me...

Monday night I had sliced veal with capers in a tuna sauce.

Last night I had raclette with baby new spuds, gherkins & pickles onions. I met a friend later in the evening who has just returned from northern Norway & got to try some dried reindeer heart that she brought back. (That's me off Santa's list for next year! :o)

Tonight I am looking forward to veal sausage with onion gravy & rösti.

Steak, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushrooms, Onions and Potatoes for us tonight.

dinner2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Tonight I'm having 'Nando's chicken' a la Vibe666, it's roasting away happily at the moment so I'll be back to report how it goes (or maybe i'll just do it on the other thread).

Right folks, this thread doesn't exist to ridicule others whose food isn't up to your standards. Please remember that there's a person behind the post, with real feelings. If you have a problem, please report the posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Tonight I had what I call an Italian stir fry. It was basically tenderstem broccoli, courgette, carrot, mushrooms, crushed garlic & chillies, red & yellow pepper and fried halloumi which had been marinated in olive oil and red chillies. Fried off the halloumi cheese first then stirred fried everything else and threw in a couple of teaspoons of balsamic and lashings of freshly ground pepper. It was actually very tasty. No need to add salt because halloumi is really salty.

Dinner10thaug-1.jpg

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Tonight I am looking forward to veal sausage with onion gravy & rösti.
    But ended up having a kebab. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tonight Mrs. Beer is making Jook - a Chinese rice porrige.
    It's basically rice cooked in lots of stock (chicken and pork, in this case) with ginger, garlic, spring onion and chicken, served with a splash of soy.
    Pure comfort food !!

Was beering last night so had smoked cod,curry chips and onion rings. I missed a dirty chipper feed for so long. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Lots of various foods the last few days. Tonight had stir fried beef with brocolli and oyster sauce. Am in the mammeh's house. Cooked it and we ate it and enjoyed it, but neither of us felt like eating much of it, so even though I cooked only enough for two medium servings, we ate just enough that we could've fed a third vaguely disinterested person out of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

made a gorgeous pad thai with chicken fillet, smoked tofu, rice vermicelli, veg from the garden, organic egg, fish sauce, palm sugar, oyster sauce, tamarind juice, veg stock.

blanched the veg and boiled the chicken beforehand so i could just concentrate on the rest of the cooking process for this dish.

temply - Commenting on mod decisions on-thread is likely to lead to an infraction & possibly a ban. If you have something to say - PM myself, Faith or Mr Magnolia & we will address your concerns. Do not drag this thread off-topic.

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Tonight was chicken stuffed with roasted red peppers and pesto. On the side was steamed broccoli, honeyed carrots and mushrooms fried with smoked turkey rashers.
    thursdinner-1.jpg

The roasted peppers were delish and added lots of moisture to the chicken. Then I'm slightly obsessed with roasted peppers :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Captainship

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Okay, I know a lot of people get stuck in a routine of eating the same dinners every week so hopefully this thread will give us all some useful ideas or something to laugh at.

If you see something you'd like to try ask the poster to post a recipe in another thread :)

Last night I had:

Stir-fried honeyed chicken breast with stir-fry vegetables, mango and boiled rice

Really tasty!

*The night before, I had curried omlette with peppers, garden peas spring onion, tumeric, ginger and a dash of soy sauce. Tasted great, I swear!

Whalesteak

Beautiful

http://www.highnorth.no/library/culture/recipes/no-wh-me.htm

Boodlesdoodles that dinner looks delicious.
    Last night I made a chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese,garlic and cheese potatoes and creamed spinach. Was lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Striploin steak with béarnaise sauce and balsamic onions.

• Advertisement

Sunday: Mr Magnolia's Spicy Thai Chicken Soup (well, very similar)

Monday: Grilled Pork Cutlet with spätzli & an onion/herb gravy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement