Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had chicken curry, with half fried rice and chips, a spring roll and couple chicken balls! the joys of these justeat 5euro feasts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 namelessweirdo

Had a pasta bake with cheese, the sauce was that Cucina one from Aldi i think, its not too bad. My mother made it though. Im getting lazy when it comes to cooking recently, need to start cooking again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ham done in Coca Cola, surprisingly tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had chicken curry, with half fried rice and chips, a spring roll and couple chicken balls! the joys of these justeat 5euro feasts!!

Yesterday I had the aul Norio's feast. 9 inch pizza with 2 toppings (chicken and ham) with chips,2 drinks (fanta) and a dip(taco sauce) all for a fiver,with free delivery. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

beef stew with mash

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Last night I had nice1franko's chicken and chorizo rice bake form the cooking club, was yummy. Lots os left overs too :pac:

2qmjmv5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had Little Alex' layered cabbage dish last night but with some left over risotto in the layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Fajitas. I made my own seasoning and lashed it on a bit of rare griddled steak, with some peppers and onions. Breads, salsa, guac, sour cream, cheese and all the usuals with it.

What did you make the seasoning out of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I mixed together salt, pepper, sugar, paprika, dried chilli flakes, black pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley to taste. I just dipped in my pinky and tasted it til it was how I wanted it.

Then I sprinkled it on the meat and veg as it was cooking. It was good. I don't like those smokey flavoured fajita packets. Although if you did like the smokey flavour, using smoked paprika would do the trick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tonight I had boned, stuffed chicken thigh. got some free range oyster thighs for pretty cheap and make a really simple herb stuffing, tied them up with some butchers twine, had them with some baby roast spuds, roasted shallots and some peas and carrots.

Did the spuds by halving them length ways and boiling them until tender, then i dry steamed them a little to make them floury, coloured them on a hot pan with some veg oil and a dollop of goose fat, put them skin side down into a pre heated roasting dish with a little goosefat in it, halved my shallots length ways and left the skin on, put them skinside up into the same dish, put my chicken thighs on top and into a preheated oven at 180 for 30 minutes.

Juice from the chicken along with the herbes in the stuffing drips down and flavours the spuds, the shallots bleed and flavour them a bit too, result was lovely fluffy tasty spuds, sweet shallots and the chicken was moist and yummy, peas and carrots i kept simple, just steamed them and tossed with in butter.

Washing it down with a bottle of Sierra Nevada Porter as I type.

Full as a tick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Chicken Korma on a bed of saffron rice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Completely random dinner, turned out lovely:

Poached chicken breasts in stock for 20 mins.
    Fried slices of sweet potato in olive oil till golden, added chicken stock and simmered for 15 mins, threw in chick peas and baby spinach.Seasoned well and added various herbs that were lurking in the fridge. Chopped up the chicken and stirred the whole lot together.

Was very tasty indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Looking forward to a warming lamb casserole tonight! Used carrots, leeks, mushrooms, lardons and neck fillet. Added all the usual spices and 2tsps of Worchester sauce. Left out red wine this time though.

Also, my first time making dumplings for it so excited about that too.

Hopefully therell be enough left for tomorrow too, itl taste even better then!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tonight I had a cholesterol fest. Scallops cooked in butter with scallions and a white wine reduction. Crab claws cooked in chopped garlic and butter. And oven cooked sliced pototoes with garlic, mustard and cream. Used 2 whole bulbs of garlic in 2 dishes. My god, it was heavenly. Forgot to take a pic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cooked a spicy lamb stew tonight, using a boned leg of lamb in a tomato based sauce, started off with sliced onions, garlic and ginger, and then using cumin, garam masala, sumac, tumeric, cinnamon and garam masala to flavour, with chick peas, potatoes and lentils to make up the carbohydrate element of the stew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sri Lankan crab curry with some added goodies - prawns and scallops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we went truly gourmet with a Mizzoni's hot and spicy pizza with garlic dip. Tonight it's Thai red curry was basmati, and coriander naan, and tomorrow it's a baked and glazed ham with mash and green veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Made Jamie Olivers Mad morrocan lamb yesterday, it's a roasted shoulder of lamb, covered with raisin cous-cous and baked in the oven along with some halved lemons. Cous-cous goes crunchy on the outside with the lamb falling off the bone underneath.
    Squeezed the roasted lemon jam/juice into a pot of natural yoghurt to serve and had it alongside lots of fresh coriander, sliced red chilli and flatbreads.

Leftovers for lunch today nyom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Yesterday was slow smoked spicy corn fed chicken. I used an ounce of mesquite chips in the smoker. Very nice and the leftovers made a great lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Crispy pigs head a la Fergus Henderson

efjad5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

foodaholic wrote: »
    Crispy pigs head a la Fergus Henderson

efjad5.jpg

thats sad, piggy looks happy - sorry but I wouldn't be able to stomach that but fair play to ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Lots of crispy crackling :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Pad Krapow, with duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

I had gazpacho; it is acold soup made with tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, bread, onion, red pepper olive oil, vinegar and salt. Deliciosa. Then
    I made a lentils stew with chorizo, potatoes and carrots. Both ae Spanish dishes. My wife adores me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night we had a roast spatchcocked chicken with boiled potatoes and brocolli. I had a idea for creamed celeriac with spices as a side dish, but a disaster with a dodgy pot blender meant both pot and celeriac were binned.

Tonight we had a chicken stew with veggies and pearl barley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

last night had a big bowl of chilli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I had home-made burgers nom! I mixed mince meat with a chopped onion fried it on the pan sprinkled cheesed on top placed in grill for few mins for cheese to melt the placed on bun with other bits. Tonight I am making a curry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Crispy duck breast, mashed potatoes, peas and homemade plum sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Pot roast (a la Kevin Dundon and Supervalue) with a moxy load of mashed potatoes. Dessert is a quick version of tiramisu.

Link
    http://www.supervalu.ie/whats_instore/as_seen_on_tv__roast_crown_of_chicken_with_fricassee_of_legs_and_thighs.760.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Dined in Avova Kilmacanouge yesterday and had the burger for mains which did exactly as it said on the tin!

However had the salt and pepper starter of Calimari which was truly magnificent. So many time I have salivated for Calimari only to be served rubber but this was perfect. Some others at the table had the same and raved about it so fair dues to the Chef in the Fern Tree restaurant!

Tonight we had Caprese salad when the kids were having their dinner. That is now done and was good. Later on I will stick on a leg of lamb joint marinated in herbs and will serve with some baby root veg and roast spuds. Jacobs Creek reserve Shiraz will and should accompany well (just as well I got the second bottle!!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement