Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Patatas bravas.

25tjplh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

5218935330_225908e9d7.jpg

Coddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

My local supermarket had two rib roasts reduced in price. They call them rib roasts - to me they looked like a good steak. We had one tonight - a 900g rib eye cut. I seared it on the ridge pan and cooked it in the oven for 12 minutes. For the final minutes, I added a dollop of garlic & thyme butter. I cut it across the grain and served it with anya potatoes and a roast parsnip, beetroot and spinach leaf salad with horseradish creme fraiche.

Last night we had a home-made Indian feast for the husband's birthday. We started with pakoras and bajis, with mango and yoghurt and mint dipping sauces. The main was chicken biryani for the meat-eaters and chickpea biryani for the vegetarians, with garlic and coriander naan, chutneys and sour cream. Dessert was a choice of chocolate fudge birthday cake, tiramisu or mince pies. I wish I liked Indian food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Bratwurst, roast baby potatoes, peas and onion gravy. Perfect for this weather. Going to turn the leftovers into a sausage and bean stew... with bulgar wheat or rice maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Goulash, from an old cooking club recipe, thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

made a stew last night for today and tomorrow:D

Snow day at home - so early marinade tandoori chicken, a potato and spinach curry, a plain rice and a tarka dhal. Sides of cucumber and yoghurt, and a few jars of chutneys. Oh and poppadums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Butter chicken with plain rice and a side of steamed broccoli, just as a sort of nod to vegetables, as opposed to it fitting with the dish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Chicken casserole. Hot potting it with sliced potatoes on top. Debating whether or not to head out in this blizzard to get lardons. Could be there and back in less than an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Has a fruity chicken curry last night, threw some mango into it, good times.

Have a pot of Goulash I am making with shoulder of venison on the stove right now, should be ready in another hour or so. Using the cooking club recipe. gonna have a little bit tonight with some break and have a massive bowl tomorrow with some mashed spuds.

Really looking forward to it.

Roasted Butternut and Coriander Soup with some toasted rye bread.

Tonight we had sweet potato and butternut squash soup with home-made bread, followed by broccoli and chestnut terrine, boiled herby spuds and a lemony green salad. Dessert was a fresh winter fruit salad.

It's comfort food weather so I made a stew last night based on the Jamie Oliver recipe, but added in chorizo which really adds to the stew:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/jools-s-favourite-beef-stew

Roast breast of guinea fowl with sorrel butter, on a mushroom risotto with savoy cabbage and white asparagus spears, dressed with a leek cream. Recipe courtesy of John Campbell - Formulas for Flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

beef marinaded in teryiaki and seaseme oil, then stifryed with veg oh and brown rice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had that venison goulash I mentioned before, it's lovely.

Today I am feeling like I got hit by a truck so I wanted nice, easy on the tummy food.

Broccoli soup and a grilled cheese sammich.
    Pure bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Will be having curried sausages - well, will try it.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Will be having curried sausages - well, will try it.

Very German!

We had ginger and soy salmon with broccoli and garlic cream potatoes. It was really simple, quick and delicious. Bit blurry, we were starving!

2mn3k03.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

piri piri pork chops under the grill as I type to be served with baby carrots and potato croquettes (shop bought....)

Nice Red which I have started on already should hic(!) assist digestion of same...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I had some of my mother's yummy stew. Carrots, parsnips, onions, some beef chunks and potatoes in a lovely creamy soup :p

Perfect for the weather :D

Medium rare T-bone steak with a whiskey cream sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Some chicken and mushroom pie with some crinkle oven chips and then strawberry steamed pudding for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had chicken thighs with spuds and veg. made up a mixture of garlic, chinese 5spice, parsley, chilli and salt for the chicken skin. was very tasty oddly enough

tonight having a mx between a chilli and spaghetti bolognese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Last night was butterflied leg of lamb with honey/mustard coating served the right side of pink with roast spuds and brocolli florets blanched and then fast fried in garlic/chilli oil. All very good (the chefs a genius!)

Consumed with the assistance of Nostrada Estate Crianza from O'Briens. Didnt taste that good when opened but strangely tasted better glass by glass by glass....

Galantine of chicken - I boned out the chicken Pepin style and used the small fillets to make a mousse with softened fennel, leek and cream. I piped that into the chicken and rolled it up then made a foil parcel of the bird - added some olive oil and salt. Roasted for 50 minutes, rested and coloured in a pan with a little butter. Served with a tarragon & cream sauce made with the juices from the roast - some boiled spuds and fresh spinach.

Thinking of cooking 2 or 3 of these on christmas day along with a small turkey - dinner for 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Salmon with parsley sauce, vegetables & mashed potatoes with herbs & butter.

'Thai' Green Curry with chicken (and carrots due to lack of other veg.) with Basmati Rice cooked with a cinammon stick and some turmeric.

Roast poussin spiced with Ras Al Hanout on a mushroom risotto with a chestnut veloute. The spice was warming and delicious against the risotto and chestnut sauce. Best part of it was this is a 40 minute dinner. Cut the backbone out of a poussin and flatten it. Pan fry for colour, add a dusting of the spice and into the oven. Tinned chestnuts, chicken stock and milk, simmered for 15 minutes then blitzed in a jug blender while adding butter, madeira and armagnac. Risotto. The Chestnut soup I whizzed with a cappucino frother and used a little around the plate. The rest of the soup will be a lunch tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Minder wrote: »
    Galantine of chicken - I boned out the chicken Pepin style and used the small fillets to make a mousse with softened fennel, leek and cream. I piped that into the chicken and rolled it up then made a foil parcel of the bird - added some olive oil and salt. Roasted for 50 minutes, rested and coloured in a pan with a little butter. Served with a tarragon & cream sauce made with the juices from the roast - some boiled spuds and fresh spinach.

That is sooo class Minder deffo gonna give that a go. How did you find that recipe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement