Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,590 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

fillet steak, brocolli, and buk choi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Goat's cheese and caramelised onion tarts with balsamic dressing.

2921ruc.jpg

Then we had marinated king prawns with broccoli, mange-tout, bean-sprouts and noodles, in a sesame-honey-soy sauce. Nothing to look at but very tasty. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I just had bangers and mash made by my lovely mammy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Just made teriyaki chicken and egg fried rice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

foodaholic wrote: »
    That is sooo class Minder deffo gonna give that a go. How did you find that recipe

Didn't follow a recipe as such. I'm cooking for the extended family this Christmas and I wanted to make some galantine of chicken with different stuffings/fillings as a practice run. The fennel/leek/chicken mousse was just an experiment that thankfully worked. Although I did google chicken mousse recipes to see if they needed egg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Well im dying to get my hands on a chicken to de-bone it now. Cant wait to give it a go. Thanks Minder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Minder wrote: »
    Galantine of chicken - I boned out the chicken Pepin style and used the small fillets to make a mousse with softened fennel, leek and cream. I piped that into the chicken and rolled it up then made a foil parcel of the bird - added some olive oil and salt. Roasted for 50 minutes, rested and coloured in a pan with a little butter. Served with a tarragon & cream sauce made with the juices from the roast - some boiled spuds and fresh spinach.

Thinking of cooking 2 or 3 of these on christmas day along with a small turkey - dinner for 17.

That is a great video!!!

Last night we had spinach and ricotta lasagna with salad, garlic bread and coleslaw. I really missed the meat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Last night OH cooked a spag bol of mince, sausages, bacon and white pudding. It was blooming lovely.

Good old fish and chips. 3 bean chilli and all the trimmings tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

A very warming, very tasty, home made chicken noodle soup with lots of ginger, chili, and other goodness.

I had lovely chicken fillets last night, tonight it's fish and chips :)

Had a spicy chicken wrap, have some of the chicken mix left. so might have it with some fried spuds later on

• Registered Users Posts: 45 meallat

Dominoes Pizza - veg supreme...OH YEAAAHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Leftover Mac n' Cheese; the remains of a roast chicken, some leftover lardons, mixed with penne and cheese sauce. Lob it in the oven for 15 mins, great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

John Dory, bread and peas

Tonight i'm having either chilli alla pasta, or chilli alla spuds, or chilli alla rice... depends on how im feeling later! either way, love an aul bowl of chilli! :D

Peppered beef staked some creamy mash and veggies... nom nom nom :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rashers, beans, mushrooms, eggs and chips. Simple fare :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I am as full as an egg right now. Scrambled eggs for dinner, some frankfurter sausages mixed in and 4 slices of toast, NOM NOM NOM :)

50fasm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Jut had a Thai basil chicken with rice. Lovely.

I fried the chicken with garlic ginger and onion, then the sauce was made with coconut milk, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and fish sauce. Added shiitake musherooms, spring onions and loooads of torn basil. Yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

For tonight's dinner, I had the last of the curry from last night. Plenty of chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper and green onions fried in my own curry paste (cumin, turmeric, a little chili, garam masala, cracked peppercorns, coriander powder, root ginger, all ground up with a pestle and mortar) then a tin of plum tomatoes added to bulk out the gravy.
    Served tonight with the best Norn Iron tatie farls because I'm out of Nan bread! :D
    The reason for leftover dinner is because I needed to get an early start on tomorrow night's nosh. I'm doing a slow roast five spice duck, so the plan was to marinade it today and get the gravy started (diced giblets, celery, onion all fried in butter till they begin to caramelise, then added to water to make a stock).
    The duck will get about 2 hours on 120F to render some of the fat for future roast potato ventures, then will go back into the oven tomorrow for a blast of heat before serving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The duck will get about 2 hours on 120F to render some of the fat for future roast potato ventures, then will go back into the oven tomorrow for a blast of heat before serving.

I think the duck would need more like 3 hours at that temp to be tender and coming away from the bone. I reckon 2 hours would fall between the stools of slow cooking and fast roasting.

Having not posted here for ages, I thought I'd share my feast for 17 people last night.
    I did a tomatoey mutton stew served with baked potatoes and roast carrot, parsnip, beetroot, shallot and shed loads of roast garlic.
    I asked others to arrange dessert so they brought M&S Yule logs and Lemon Meringue roulade - (I was not impressed but hid my disappointment bravely).

Then a big Irish cheese board.

Yummy golden roasties with some veg and breaded cod drizzled with gravy :p

more chilli!! :D i think i need to stop eating chilli so much these days, ive had it at least 3 times a week for the last month or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Potato cake with fried egg on top and some grated parmesan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chicken and dumplings uber-winter vegetable broth, makes note to make the dumpling smaller next time (they expanded like crazy!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As we are more or less snowed in here in DCN I've tried to be clever with my grocery purchases this week. I got a huge chicken for dinner last night. I roasted it with tons of veg. It was my first roast dinner in ages & was a real treat.

I stripped the carcass & used the remaining veg for a chicken & roast veg pie due out of the oven any minute now. The carcass & some fresh veg went into making a broth that we'll be having for lunch after sledging tomorrow morning. :)

Battered cod and chips :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I had roast beef, roast potatoes and lots of gravy. Some little greens aswell. Yum :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement