Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Baked potato, chicken kiev and tinned peas. :D

I used this for the baked potato. So we shall see if it really is the perfect one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Achari chicken curry with spinach, rice and chutneys. I also had 4 pigeon breasts. Rubbed with a little tandoori paste and pan fried for a couple of minutes, I finished these on the hob with a lid on the pan for 5 minutes. Result was a delicious rare pigeon breast sliced thinly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Fresh made falafel, chunky rocket and corriander salad with lime viniagrette dressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A massive bowl of pasta with pesto and offensive amounts of parmesan, as I felt the need to carb-load after a rehearsal.

Plus, I'm a pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

An oven baked salmon fillet with lemon juice and black pepper. Served with roasted red pepper, roasted mushrooms and roasted tomatoes. Bunged the whole lot in the oven, went for a 30 min walk and when I came back it was done. Felt like someone had cooked my dinner for me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Made bolognese from scratch today. Spent about 4 hours cooking it. Was gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chicken and (not) Muchroom (left) pie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had Japanese style sweet and sour chicken with sticky rice. Good, but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Baked salmon parcel with garlic butter and bay leaves.
    Left over roasties and some greens joined it. Lovely comforty food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

beef stir fry from the butchers:)

• Advertisement

Bobotie again. I am really, really loving this stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Chorizo style sausages with baked beans loaded with cayenne pepper and black pepper :)

Last night was fedelini pasta with grilled fresh sardines. I used a light tomato sauce with garlic and basil to dress the pasta, then flaked in the cooked fish and finished with a handful of fresh herbs and a pile of golden pan fried panko breadcrumbs and pinenuts.

I baked some chicken drumsticks in a sort-of-sauce made of soy sauce, ginger, garlic and a few other bits.
    I had it with fried noodles, which I still haven't gotten right.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Had some courgette fritters, not really fritters but that's what i'll call 'em anyway, just had with some mustard mash, lovely leftovers.

Tonight we had salmon laksa with shiitake mushrooms and beanshoots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had a very tasty chilli with some fried chorizo thrown in.

Tonight we had chicken madras.

I had training tonight and there was FA for dinner so I had some beans.
    Decided to make some absolutely amazing Malva Pudding as I had everything for it in my cupboard.

Better than sticky toffee pudding, absolutely delish.

Lornen wrote: »
    I had training tonight and there was FA for dinner so I had some beans.
    Decided to make some absolutely amazing Malva Pudding as I had everything for it in my cupboard.

Better than sticky toffee pudding, absolutely delish.

That looks amazing. And according to wikipedia you can put ginger in it! :pac:

I'm currently eating a tesco finest chocolate moose mousse! Nom...

reallyrose wrote: »
    That looks amazing. And according to wikipedia you can put ginger in it! :pac:

I'm currently eating a tesco finest chocolate moose mousse! Nom...

Oh my word, I thought I was being a little bold by putting the slightest of touches of cinnamon in the sauce, but wow. Ginger? AMAZING! I can't wait to give that a go!!

Tesco finest Brownie Sundae, remember those bad boys? Haven't seen them around, probably made illegal and rightfully so! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Seared Squid with Chorizo, Patatas Bravas and baby spinach :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Made an excellent moroccan style lamb shank stew in the slow cooker. Took 20 mins start to finish to get it in there, then cooked it on low all day. Arrived home to a meltingly rich lamb shank stew - took about 6 mins to do couscous to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

bought pizza bases i the shop earlier, going to top them with some chicken and maybe some sweetcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Had some honey/mustard baked ham with a cider and mustard sauce, garlic mash and some mixed leaves. The covering around the ham came off while boiling for the first time ever which kind of messed things up! Still good though.

I'll attach because it comes up massive! http://oi55.tinypic.com/eiks4z.jpg

Wasn't in the mood to cook, but I baked some scones!

Didn't sift my flour so they were a bit stumpy, but lovely all the same :)

Grape jelly on them, yum!

Chicken and veg :)

Can't be beat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Where did you get the grape jelly? Was it Smucker's?

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Where did you get the grape jelly? Was it Smucker's?

I have a ridiculously large jar of Welch's Conchord Grape Jelly at the mo, 48 oz! But I do happen to have 2 jars of Smuckers Goober Grape :)

I saw the Smuckers Goober randomly in TKMAXX.. They had a few jars but it wouldn't be a reliable source

EDIT: The Smuckers stuff was sent to me. My dad lives in the states.

A battered sausage & chips. It was LEGENDARY!

• Advertisement

Sirloin steak, chips and side salads. Diced avocado with tomato and lime; diced beetroot with sour cream and horseradish. Leffe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement