Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

We had toasted Ham, cheese, tomato, onion sandwiches with mayo, salt and ground black pepper. Cooked them on the George Foreman grill and they came out quick and nice. Big pot of tea and an almond slice for afters.

It was nice but bland.

Chicekn kiev on the bone with cous cous and baby sweetcorn for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Last night I had some marinated pork tenderloin left over from the night before in a pitta with some bulgar wheat and peas with chilli flakes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Made this tonight, tray baked chicken with squashed spuds. It was possibly one of the nicest things i have ever made myself, and thats not saying alot really.

Boiled the potatoes, then fried on a bed of basil and cloves of garlic, while i squished it into the pan.

Its a Jamies 30 minute meal, took me about an hour and a half. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Beef Wellington with roasted sweet potato, braised cabbage and mash. Forgot to take the picture after I'd drowned it in red wine gravy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Pan fried fillet of black bream with a warm barley salad with pistachios, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, grated baby sweetcorn and fresh herbs. Dressed with a lemon sauce made from the zest of three lemons and a good dollop of honey to sweeten the sauce. Loving this sauce at the moment - blanche lemon zest again and again to mellow the flavour - then blitz with olive oil and water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I had two lovely little steak mince and onion pies from lidl.....gorgeous so they were :D

Last night I had a baked chicken fillet marinated in chipotlé sauce sandwich on wholemeal bread with some peas :)

Simple, not the prettiest, but gooood. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A tin of soup and bread, something oriental. Couldn't be arsed to do anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A variation of this with some very very spicy rice. The chicken was really tasty.

Beef fajitas. Bleedin stuffed. I ate three of them. I'd stuff left over from the last two nights that was going to go off, it was either going in me or the bin.

Getting the meat sweats here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Last night - three-bean enchiladas

Tonight was supposed to be chorizo & asparagus risotto, but I've no arborio, so I'm thinking a chorizo stew, served with orzo and griddled asparagus instead.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Last night - three-bean enchiladas

Tonight was supposed to be chorizo & asparagus risotto, but I've no arborio, so I'm thinking a chorizo stew, served with orzo and griddled asparagus instead.

Sweet mother, where you at Honey-Ec?! I'm coming for dinner! :pac:

Had this a while back, only got the pic on the computer now. Squid with Chorizo and cherry tomatoes, patatas bravas and a green salad:)

Ended up doing a chorizo, onion & asparagus frittata, topped with parmesan. It was seck-shoo-al.

Wholemeal pitta stuffed with mince cooked with curry powder and hot sauce with peas.

Sounds horrible, tastes ridiculously good.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

A big lovely kebab from Zam Zam's in Sligo,a nice feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Goin to try master making lasagna tonight :D

Couldn't be arsed cooking tonight, I did just bake a lemon yogurt cake with lemon drizzle.. Turned out lovely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lornen wrote: »
    Wholemeal pitta stuffed with mince cooked with curry powder and hot sauce with peas.

I cook mince with turmeric, cumin, curry powder, onions, diced mushrooms, garam masala, chilli powder and water, then top with some coriander and yoghurt in the pitta, YUM!

Spadina wrote: »
    I cook mince with turmeric, cumin, curry powder, onions, diced mushrooms, garam masala, chilli powder and water, then top with some coriander and yoghurt in the pitta, YUM!

Ooh! The mince was cooked with onions, cayenne powder, water and curry powder. I think you can see one of the pesky onion slices trying to escape on the pitta :pac: but Garam masala, I must try this! I left turmeric out of the mince as I wasn't sure how well it would work, it's a tad bitter but I will add some in next time!

• Advertisement

Stir-Fried Chicken Salad (Wagamama), stir fried veg with oyster sauce and sesame noodles!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Carne Machaca - a slow cooked Mexican beef dish that we used as the filling for tortillas.

Minder wrote: »
    Carne Machaca - a slow cooked Mexican beef dish that we used as the filling for tortillas.

Any pictures?! Sounds amazing, must give it a go. :)

Minder wrote: »

I'd love to get the recipe for this from you thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Me three.

Mexican recipe thread? Yes, I think so... :cool:

I made a Mysterious Chicken Thing yesterday in the slow cooker, and it actually turned out quite well.
    I bunged chicken legs in with a can of tomatoes, a spoon of chilli-in-a-jar, some garlic and ginger and left it there for 5 hours.
    Then I took the chicken off the bone, added some bbq sauce (no, I don't know why either) and some peppers and cooked for another hour.

Ate it with noodles and it was lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Chicken thighs marinated in Balti Paste fried off with onions and add in a jar of pasanda served with tesco easy cook basmati and peshwari naan
    I didnt like the pataks nann but i had one from bombay pantry and omg - the deliciousness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I baked a banana & walnut loaf on Saturday from a recipe my sis gave me. It was delish. Really pleased as I don't bake at all.

I also made a korma from scratch for Mrs Billy & the kids. It is their favourite indian take away & I thought I'd give it a go. For a first time effort I thought it turned out really good. Mrs Billy certainly liked it. I think that it may not have been 'sweet' enough for the kids.

Not being a fan of korma (only based on the taste of take away meals) I grilled a pile of lamb chops & had them with thick slices of raw onion & bread for mopping up the juices. But after tasting my 'real' korma I was kind of sorry I had gone for my meat feast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I had Chicken Tikka Masala on Sat night - Jamie Oliver recipe - it was YUM!!! Had it again yesterday cos there was some left over!

Tonight it's salmon, mash and veg - healthy dinner!:D

Last night - boilermaker chili with cheat's homemade tortilla chips.

• Advertisement

Pasta bake that looked like someone puked into a baking tray.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement