Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Tonight was roast pork (€1 from tesco!) smothered in a marinade I got from M&S
    149960.jpg with added ginger and fresh rosemary
    149961.jpg
    with roast baby potatoes(79cent in tesco!) that were a bit over done but delish (they had olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt+pepper)
    149962.jpg
    and roasted leeks(29cent tesco).
    Deliciously Cheap meal!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Made a lovely butternut squash soup and had it with brown bread. Simple, quick and delicious!

149973.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

puff pastry tart, with ham, goats cheese and ballymaloe relish:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Started like this

24022011576-1024x768.jpg

Finished like

24022011578-1024x768.jpg

All from scratch, Italian baked sausage in home made mushroom and veg ragu

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Last night was chicken thigh/leg boned and skinned and stuffed with spinach/garlic, cherry tomato, basil and mozzarella mixture. Wrapped in streaky bacon, sprinkled with some smoked paprika and drizzled honey over, baked in the oven in some white wine on a low-ish heat for i can't remember how long!

Had it with some leek, orange and ginger cous-cous and a sauce from what was left in the chicken pan reduced down with some stock and small bit of cream, was lovely.

2eao64z.jpg

Another angle just for kicks, trying to make my food look a little more attractive in pics these days! http://i56.tinypic.com/rkn85h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I cooked some corned beef today for the first time. I let it cool down, then thinly sliced it and had it in a roll with coleslaw. Delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I had liver with caramelised onions, fluffy mash, and lovely gravy, one of my favourite dinners. Enough liver to give me a good big dinner cost 57c, bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Had chicken fajitas tonight and lemon chicken last night, both home made.

Anyone got a tortilla press, and if so is it any good?

Last night was cod topped with breadcrumds (it was s.dried tomato and basil bread so quite nice) baked in some lemon juice and had it with a mixture of cabbage, bacon and pine nuts and a bit of mash.

Poor pic i'm afraid; 2qwq2x4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

In the middle of making my first soup. Mushroom soup. I wish it would hurry up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Tayla wrote: »
    Which recipe book is that from?
    Sorry only saw your message now!!
    30 minute meals book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chicken/bacon wrap with reheated pasta bake and baked beans. Kinda trashy but tasty.

pork belly and roast veg:)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Started like this

24022011576-1024x768.jpg

Finished like

24022011578-1024x768.jpg

All from scratch, Italian baked sausage in home made mushroom and veg ragu

That looks lovely. Recipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Vodkat wrote: »
    Sorry only saw your message now!!
    30 minute meals book.

Looks yummy, my sis has that book so I will have to try it soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had chicken, chorizo and chickpeas in a spicy tomato sauce with onion and red pepper. With pasta and crusty bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Making homemade lasagne tonight. Gonna have it with garlic bread. Nice and simple.

pasta and meatballs tonight in loyd grossman sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night was a funny 'use up stuff' experiment meal which worked out really well.

To use up we had:

Jerusalem artichokes
    Pak choi
    Fennel
    Chicken legs

So, I roasted the chicken legs on top of the artichokes with ginger and garlic and a sprinkle of Chinese spices. At the end, I threw in some dry sherry and a little soy sauce.

With the fennel I made a salad by finely slicing it with some ginger and dressed it with sesame oil, lemon juice and a little honey and soy.

I just stir fried the pak choi and added a splash of soy to that too.

It all worked really well together - was worried that the artichokes would taste strange with Chinese flavours but it didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yesterday we had: shit food. :(

I did two normal staples - lamb in cumin / paprika / salt, and chicken drumsticks in jerk paste.

Both were utter crap - the lamb was like shoeleather, and bizarrely, so was the chicken.

Shoeleather!!

V. disheartened. BEH.

• Advertisement

Last night was spaghetti with a tomato, spinach and chorizo sauce, serious comfort food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had a spicy pork stir fry with noodles. We added a bit of Patak's lime pickle at the end - that is fantastic stuff!

Tonight we're having stir fried vegetables and rice with fresh marinated prawns, chicken and some sliced chorizo. Bit of a chorizo theme going on around here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

tonight we are having homemade meatballs with a tomato sauce which made on saturday, so the flavours will have really come out by tonight

i am hungry even thinking about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can i just say you are all so creative with your meals!! They all sound so delicious! Do ye follow recipes or do you come up with these meals yourselves? Unfortunately i live at home so i eat whatever is served up to me! It's awkward to cook for yourself when your mum is cooking at the same time!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Offer to cook for your Mum sometime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

You could always cook for the whole family you know! I'm sure your mam would love a night off. I know I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ya they're not very adventurous when it comes to food! My dad is just a meat and 2 veg kinda man! I have cooked a few things for myself and mum (she'd be more willing to try stuff) at weekends but it's hard during the week when you get home from work cos mums in the kitchen cooking dinner so it's just awkward with both of us trying to cook at the same time!

I'm getting loads of ideas for future recipes here though and from the cooking club so keep it up!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

stir fry chicken with chili and lemongrass and lotus flower salad

ginsters cornish pasty , tonight seen it in tesco and it looked interesting:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

Thai green curry with chicken. Celery is lovely in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement