Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Having some family over this evening. They'll get:

Roast lemon, thyme and garlic free range chicken (huge), roast tomatoes,garlic and shallots. Fried pollenta cake and British asparagus. Oh, and garlicy, lemony, thymey, white wine gravy.

Glenilen Farm Summer fruits cheesecake (Glenilen are the only shop bought cheesecakes I've ever tasted that I like).

A few scraps of Irish cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

My butcher does a great tomato and cracked pepper marinade you can buy in a bottle so I had that on some chicken fillets with balsamic vinegar roasted veg -red pepper, red onions and sweet potato. Served with mashed potato...so yummy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Panfried lamb gigot, fried onions, mashed potato & homemade gravy. A good old fashioned end to a fantastic weekend!

Tonight Im batch cooking. Brown rice with a minced chicken breast and bean chilli. I made quorn chilli the last time and by the time I got round to eating the last few containers from the freezer, the chilli had over taken any flavour that was in it to begin. The quorn appeared to have kept absorbing the chilli heat and flavour even though it was chilled. Shame, as it was nice when freshly cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I had this, this and this

All delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I had a nice easy stirfry, some peppers, red onion, water chestnuts and beanspouts with some noodles and a lot of soy sauce.

Mmmmm salty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

steak with some onions and some oven chips

off to try and joint a chicken now to make something in the slow cooker:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I picked up a beautiful side of salmon on Monday so we had salmon for two nights. Yesterday it was grilled salmon in a Cape Malay marinade, a side of saffron rice with roast corn and a green salad with papaya.

Tonight was grilled salmon with hibiscus salt on a bed of fregola cooked in a light stock with a brunoise of veggies, served with a quenelle of crème fraîche with chopped dill and a little beetroot gel to dress the plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Minder wrote: »
    Tonight was grilled salmon with hibiscus salt on a bed of fregola cooked in a light stock with a brunoise of veggies, served with a quenelle of crème fraîche with chopped dill and a little beetroot gel to dress the plate.

That's a lot of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had this, this and this

All delicious

Very nice, must give that Paella a go soon!

Tonight was a lamb skewer marinated in some herbs, garlic and oil, grilled and served with a spinach, courgette and bacon salad dressed with a lemon/mustard dressing.

Afterwards treated to a rhubarb and apple crumble, delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tonight I just wanted a quick plate of food. All I needed was one bag of fresh gnocchi and a packet of sage and 10 minutes cooking time.

Sage Butter Gnocchi

DSC_0021a+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

• Advertisement

birds eye haddock in the oven with some roast veg and rice

beef and mushroom stirfry with a hoisin and garlic sauce

Did not think my colours through. It looked like something out of Oliver teiwst. though it tasted lovely.

Roast belly pork with smashed new potatoes, rocket and peas.

4ttzhu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stir fried prawns, red peppers, onion, mushrooms with noodles. Nearly blew the top of me mouth off. :eek: Less pepper next time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had an interesting dinner last night. Pasta, smoked haddock and wilted spinach in a light cream sauce. Quite tasty actually! I was going to do a risotto but I got too lazy.

Roast shoulder of lamb with roasted garlic and shallots. Alongside, a butternut squash puree and baby new potatoes.

Conchiglie with petit pois and lardons and a bit of sour cream.So easy and so yummy!

Leftovers are calling me back towards the kitchen now . . .

Floured and deepfried prawns with an aniseed flavoured mayo. Chips and a fennel salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Had a lovely dinner last night, bit of a what do we have in the house dinner. Pesto Salmon with Spaghetti in a Tomato & Basil Sauce, with cherry tomatoes, spinach and lots of garlic, and some garlic bread, tasted very authentically Italian if I do say so myself.

Followed by the richest most delicious chocolate, butterscotch and nut brownies, and some banana bread that I only had a small taste of due to the crazy chocolatey brownies, must try it properly today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night we had slow cooked lamb shanks in a North Africanish stew that had onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, tomatoes, courgette, aubergine, orange juice and zest, white wine, coriander seed, cumin, fennel seed, black pepper, allspice, paprika, cinnamon, chilli flakes, salt.

That's as close as you're going to get to a recipe !

I served that with couscous with spring onion, lemon zest, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and fresh chopped coriander stirred through it.

Very nice it was and we're having the rest of it tonight:D

• Advertisement

Boiled ham, carrots, cabbage, mash and rosemary roasties, parsley sauce.

Pudding was Baked rice pudding with raspberry jam.

Flaked out for ages after!

roast butternut squash with goats cheese and roasted peppers and roast red onions

Guinea fowl - I butchered the guines fowl to leave a supreme that was pan fried with some garlic and thyme. I chopped the top knuckle off the leg bones and pulled the tendons, then pan fried for some colour before cooking it as confit in the oven in some duck fat. Served with some quinoa with roast sweetcorn and toasted pumpkin seeds, then a little salad of pea shoots with a soy vinaigrette.

Ham & pea potato cakes - the leftovers from the dinner before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Half a tin of carot and corriander soup followed a while later by a salt and vinegar and butter crisp sandwich (am heavily pregnant) - have had this tow days in a row so far, still craving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Half a tin of carot and corriander soup followed a while later by a salt and vinegar and butter crisp sandwich (am heavily pregnant) - have had this tow days in a row so far, still craving it.

You go girl!!!

Baked Teryaki Salmon served with fried wholegrain rice and mixed veg (threw in a bit of balsamic vinegar with the veg and rice which worked well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Pastitsio and wholemeal sourdough. First time making both :)

I had the most delicious spaghetti bolognese iv made in a long time. I kept it really simple just onions,garlic,meat and tomatoes. Oh and lots of basil.

Simples!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Roast shoulder of lamb with herby mash, asparagus and baby carrots

All very good indeed and the lamb which I picked up in Tesco was especially good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Cottage Pie a la Eva from Operation Transformation. Yum :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement