Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

A very rich weekends eating. Bro is visitng so wanted to give him all his fav foods!

Friday night - lamb cutlets, supermash, fried onions and pepper sauce.

Saturday - mash, pork chops, homemade chilli burger, onion gravy and broccoli. (Bro cooked this one)

Sunday - roast pork (rosemary, garlic and lemon), roasted potatoes, creamed sweetcorn and homemade gravy.

I made an orange and raspberry malt cake adn custard for pudding yesterday.

All in all, delicious food, a fab weekend and about 5lbs added to my ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

BBQ yesterday with lamb kebabs marinated in pomergranate molasses with spices - cumin, paprika and coriander, herbs - chopped coriander and parsley. Also did some burgers and jerk pork chops. Salads and a few beers.

Dinner tonight was braised beef in white wine with spanish flavours - smoked paprike, saffron, piquillo peppers and tomato. Served with flat breads to mop all the juices and some salads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

i was reaallly hungry when i came in so a quick yummy option - baked potato w/ beans and some rashers. yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Last night had wild salmon, homemade hollandaise sauce and roast potatoes! Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Had this, really liked it.

fp2q06.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Made this last week, said I'd share here...

First things first, no large amount of food prep goes on in my house without one of these:

photo10lc.jpg

To start, here's the ingredients laid out, I decided to add some chilli and some lemon juice for extra flavour:

photo9qw.jpg

Diced up the garlic, chilli and coriander pretty fine before adding it, along with the lemon juice and spices, to the pork:

photo8r.jpg

photo7tl.jpg

I let the meat-loaf jobby marinating in the fridge overnight, then decided at the last minute to make some sauce to go in the pita. If you know your Indian food, it's the standard mint sauce they usually serve with kebabs and things.

It's just Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, some garlic, some parsley and mint all blended together:

photo6oj.jpg

photo2bb.jpg

Here's the loaf split into burgers and tossed on the pan:

photo5i.jpg

photo4cc.jpg

photo3nf.jpg

Get the pitas under the grill:

photo2zv.jpg

The burgers browning up nicely:

photo1nu.jpg

The finished product:

photohf.jpg

Probably goes without saying after putting this much effort into the post, but they were unbelievably good - I have a new signature dish :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

One pic per post?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

One pic per post?

I took that out of the title a while back. I didn't feel it was necessary any more. And it really referred to several different angles of the same completed meal, rather than the steps involved.

One pic per post?

srsly? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

homemade pizza. well almost homemade did cheat and buy the sauce but made everything else:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Yummy chicken curry - perfect for Friday!

Been away for a few weeks and missed cooking.
    Tonight have a couple of friends around and we're having:

Rabbit legs casseroled in beer (Hobgoblin), mustard and prunes
    Pan fried rabbit saddle fillets
    Carrots and baby onions
    Asparagus tips
    Chive mash.

Baked vanilla and ginger cheesecake with roasted, spiced rhubarb.

Cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tuna, baked beans and potato bake with lots of cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Cost a bomb but sooo worth it.

Best Lasange ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Last night was a roast chicken with a whole lemon inside, served with brocolli florets and roast spuds. It was quite nice all in all

Tonight started with Scallops served on black pudding accompanied by fried apple wedges and rocket leaves (yum). Will be followed by - in time - roast lamb fillet, spuds and whatever veg I manage to put together....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Roast chicken stuffed with pomegranate seeds, bay leaves & whole garlic cloves, basted with a mix of it's own juices, pomegranate juice, red wine & molasses. Shouldn't work but it kinda did :)

I had a cooking club feast last night! We started off with black pudding topped with stewed apple wrapped in pastry, had a main of baby bunburgers served with a selection of toppings along with homemade chips (a mixture of normal and sweet potatoes). Finally, we ended with a slightly overcooked chocolate fondant with vanilla icecream and strawberries. All washed down with healthy quantities of wine :D

Then for breakfast, we had french toast with golden syrup because we couldn't open the jar of maple syrup :p. A delightful few hours of eating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast lamb dinner tonight. I bought a thick piece of lamb cut from the rump. Trimmed with the fat cut in a hatch pattern, this was pan fried for colour before being oven cooked for a brief 15 minutes to rare. Jersey royal potatoes, runner beans, a white onion and garlic puree, panko lamb sweetbreads and a lamb gravy.

Tonight is salads!!:D

Free range BBQd loin pork chops.
    Potato salad.
    Fennel and apple salad.
    Tomato, onion and marjoram.
    Rocket pesto.

My first time making rocket pesto and we have a rocket jungle in the garden!

Tonight is:
    BBQd Aldi striploin steaks (rare)
    Tomato, onion and basil (with some rocket pesto left over from the other night)
    French beans
    Brown Thai rice.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    srsly? :rolleyes:

Yes.
    Does this thread really need pics of bottles of lager and pita bread under the grill?
    You don't think that 12 photos for a very simple recipe with no complicated processes is a bit OTT?
    I'm sure the burgers were lovely, all the same.

Yes.
    Does this thread really need pics of bottles of lager and pita bread under the grill?
    You don't think that 12 photos for a very simple recipe with no complicated processes is a bit OTT?
    I'm sure the burgers were lovely, all the same.

If you have a problem with a post, then report it. I've already answered your query on thread, stating that there was no problem with more than one picture being used. Don't drag the thread off topic again, thanks.

Faith wrote: »
    If you have a problem with a post, then report it. I've already answered your query on thread, stating that there was no problem with more than one picture being used. Don't drag the thread off topic again, thanks.

I simply replied to Keane's question.
    It would have been rude not to.

I simply replied to Keane's question.
    It would have been rude not to.

I'll probably have a similar post tomorrow, hope you enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Those pictures looked shopped anyhow.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll probably have a similar post tomorrow, hope you enjoy :)

Well if it doesn't bother anyone else, I can live with it.

However, might I suggest this thread which is for random recipes and people will love the pics, I'm sure;), rather than clog up this ideas thread with excessive photos and unsolicited recipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

"Clog up this thread", "unsolicited recipes" - get over yourself. Like Faith said - if you have a problem with a post then report it & quit the back seat modding.

@keane2097 - Quit your baiting.

HB

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

sausage, beans and oven chips

can you tell, its pay day tomorrow;)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

today I made Anglesey Eggs
    http://www.cycling.visitwales.com/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.990

served with thick cut rashers and liver and kidneys

twas lovely

neonitrix

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

<snip>

Tonight Im having homemade pizza. Or else Im goning to go to Boojum. Havent decided yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement