Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Last night - a Cheddar burger in Tribeca, which was excellent, as always

Night before - Frank's RHS Turkey Tortilla Casserole. The Frank's thread totally put the longing on me! It was really, most excellently delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Fresh hake, smeared in butter, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper baked in the over with rosemary seasoned sweet potatoes and asparagus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Jerk chicken with rice and peas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

This is my attempt at Roasted Duck Legs in a Port Cherry Sauce, with Fondant Potato, wilted spinach, baby carrots and sweet potato purée.

Where did you get the duck legs Katharine?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

trackguy wrote: »

I got frozen ones in when I was in Sainsbury's up in Newry. They actually have a 2 for £5 mix and match on frozen meats like duck legs, meatballs, pork chops, lamb chops, steak pieces and the like.

The meatballs are actually quite decent for shop bought ones and are perfectly good for chucking in with spaghetti and when you're having a lazy day. Very good for the price.

IIRC you can sometimes get duck legs in Dunnes occaisionally, the one in the Square used to have them reduced to clear quite often but I haven't been in there in well over a year. I stand open to correction, but i think you're pretty much look at near enough a tenner for two at full price in there though.

• Advertisement

Kofta Curry with plain rice and naan bread. Mango chutney topped it off nicely!

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10194

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Mmmm chicken and mushroom pot pie.... A teeny bit stodge but soooo worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I saw them in Dunnes (Tralee) a while back so probably available nationwide and not much use to you either but they are available in the English Market in Cork. I always stock up for the freezer when I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

Last night was our American themed night...

Mini Meatloaves with Mac and Cheese and green beans. Washed down with Diet A&W Root Beer. :D

4fd3cfb3.jpg

Sausage & sage stuffed potatoes. They were only ok - definitely needed cream.

285219_10150383913267678_552147677_10535284_8090996_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Sausage & sage stuffed potatoes. They were only ok - definitely needed cream.

They look great. What's in the filling?

They look great. What's in the filling?

You just roughly fork up the scooped-out potato with butter, salt & pepper, then mix in a cooked, chopped sausage and one chopped, fresh sage leaf per potato. Fill the potatoes back up, then top with grated gruyere or swiss cheese mixed with a couple of tablespoons of double cream. Bung back in the oven at 200C for about 15 minutes until the topping is bubbly.

I skipped the cream and only had cheddar cheese. They definitely need the cream, and I think the skins would really benefit from being brushed with melted butter before being filled & baked for the second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

wholewheat pasta in a tomato/bacon sauce with chickpeas and rocket leaves, and garlic bread

Skate (Ray!) with brown butter. Just had it with some mash and steamed greens.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10225

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Last night was some sea bass fillets on the BBQ. Served with crushed small spuds and some boiled asparagus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Roast rib of beef served with roasted veg (baby carrots and fennel in a little balsamic vinegar). Served on top of a herby mash.

Worked out quite well

Buffalo Blasts! They rocked, as always.

281652_10150388101777678_552147677_10584295_3354947_n.jpg

Sheperds Pie made with the leftover leg of lamb from Monday

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10246

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had a good feed last night from the Chinese.
    Chicken curry with chips and a Singapore chow mein :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sheperds Pie made with the leftover leg of lamb from Monday

Ah, proper Shepherd's Pie!!
    Nice!

• Advertisement

Last night - home made pizza (again)

Pizza4.JPG

Night before - Creamy dill chicken breasts with dressed potatoes & braised carrots

2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pizza4.JPG

Night before - Creamy dill chicken breasts with dressed potatoes & braised carrots

2.jpg

That's a handsome pizza, did you follow a particular recipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Pizza4.JPG

Yes, verrrry handsome pizza - could you give us the recipe?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That's a handsome pizza, did you follow a particular recipe?
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Yes, verrrry handsome pizza - could you give us the recipe?

No worries, it's listed on my blog:

http://ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.com/2011/08/post-third-in-which-our-heroine.html

Sri Lankan Salmon Curry. Half-savaged it before I remembered to take a photo.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10253

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

trackguy have you the recipe for that? Looks and sounds yum!

Acoshla wrote: »
    trackguy have you the recipe for that? Looks and sounds yum!

Cheers! I'll post it over in the curry recipes thread now.

Last night - pasta & meatballs. I was a bit tipsy, though, and forgot to take a pic. Ah well.

A mini Chinese banquet. Chicken szechuan style, courtesy of Jassha over on the chinese recipes thread. Chicken & vegetable noodles for the Hamlyn wok recipes book and some steamed rice. I must do a blog post about it.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10258

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Slow-roasted belly pork, served with a green veg medley as well as an apple & onion sauce.

5zg2v7.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement