Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Sunday Roast

:D

Got my Yorkshire puddings to come out in a sane-looking shape

2011-09-04+15.27.10.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Had home made falafel on tomato wraps with hummous, red onion, cucumber and tomato. Yum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

House special fried rice!

Thai brown rice, egg, soy, dry sherry, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, dried shrimp, preserved black beans, spring onions, carrots, celery, shallots, sweetcorn, broad beans, chopped roast pork, chopped ham.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Roast chicken with pan gravy, roasted carrots, fennel confit, mash potato, roast potato and stuffing :D

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10567

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I had rack of lamb - sealed on a hot frying pan for a minute on each side, then 20 mins in the oven. With this I had my "roasties" - boiled potatoes cut into cubes/triangles and then fried in butter for 15 minutes (turning a few times to make sure all sides are browned) Finally, I had French beans...dumped into salted, boiling water for 7 minutes, then immediately transferred to a large bowl of cold water. When everything's ready, I then fry them in butter for a minute. No pics unfortunately, but it was delish. On Saturday I did scallops on black pudding with crab claws fried in garlic and butter. Yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I was snacking on various things during the day so ended up not wanting a big dinner.

Made some chicken wings, with caynne pepper, chili flakes and franks sauce. I was meant to take a photo, but the smell of deliciousness took over!

Trying the cooking club quiche tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Was vaguely exhausted last night, so put together a blue cheese, a ripe brie, sliced granny smith apple, some dried figs and sliced some sourdough thinly and toasted for crostini. Had that with a pot of tea.

Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken, Easy Chickpea Curry and Lemon Rice

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10576

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Last night I had somthing very similar to Trackguys post ;) Tonight is cottage pie...will post a pic if I dont devour it all first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Howdy strangers - haven't been on in an age. I've just realised that I had steak last night and the night before and it was the last dinner I posted on this thread. There won't be any iron deficiencies round our way, anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

trackguy wrote: »
    Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken, Easy Chickpea Curry and Lemon Rice

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10576

How did you do your chicken? Looks taaayyyysssttteeeeeee :)

Doolee wrote: »

It's grilled - from a Madhur Jaffrey recipe. I have it up on my blog

trackguy wrote: »

It's grilled - from a Madhur Jaffrey recipe. I have it up on my blog

Oh great! And what's you're blog address?
    Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,591 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thanks a mill!
    The word blog above is a link to his blog (that's why its blue and underlined)

Cottage Pie. Looks like a plate of slop but was delicious :)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=10580

Prawn & Pork Noodles.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10581

Last night - venison & puy lentil casserole (how hard is it to take a nice pic of brown food?)

DSC01277.JPG

And... rolo cookies!

308109_10150426432612678_552147677_10973092_4624333_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Honey-ec wrote: »

And... rolo cookies!

They look great. Any chance you could post the recipe for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Tonight, Hoi-Sin loin of pork stirfry with egg noodles.

Last night loin of pork Massamam curry.

Butcher has a 2 loins for 9.99. Great cut of meat, must use it more often. Will take pics in the future.

I love loin of pork. Rolled in fennel seeds, sealed & pot-roasted in white wine. Nom!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Last night, I had chicken lasagne, using light cottage cheese rather than ricotta to lower the calories. Then tonight, I had a butternut squash and sweet potato soup. Yummy!

Faith wrote: »
    Last night, I had chicken lasagne, using light cottage cheese rather than ricotta to lower the calories.

Cottage cheese is the best thing ever. I use it instead of ricotta in my cannelloni, the taste and texture are almost identical.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Cottage cheese is the best thing ever. I use it instead of ricotta in my cannelloni, the taste and texture are almost identical.

I've never actually had it before - the idea of it turns my stomach. But with all the ingredients in the lasagne, you couldn't really identify it. I'm going to try your cannelloni soon!

Mellor wrote: »
    Thanks a mill!
    The word blog above is a link to his blog (that's why its blue and underlined)

Ok thanks. I didn't see it. Sometimes it's hard to see the screen on an iphone when using it in daylight outside.

Sausage and tomato pasta. This gets made at least once a week here its delicious.

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=10579

Pork & chorizo pasta bake

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10585

Burgers with home-grown salad and grilled lemon-sage potato slices.

310771_10150427769132678_552147677_10983981_2021108131_n.jpg

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    They look great. Any chance you could post the recipe for them?

No worries, it's on my blog - http://ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.com/2011/09/post-eighteenth-in-which-our-heroine-is.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night we had a potato, onion and red pepper duck egg frittata (also some Gabriel cheese, garlic and fresh marjoram in there) with wilted spinach (leaf beat) and a tomato, shallot and basil salad.

fritata.jpg

• Advertisement

Gnocchi & parmesan bake.

DSC01293.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement