Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Today I am cooking Lamb Rogan Josh. It's my first time doing it.

E19F823086AA4AC1961C7C807D7A6BC7-0000324795-0002553725-00500L-97B0F19B2BF641289BF093D03A1E4C5C.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

trackguy wrote: »
    Sticky Char Siu Pork with Soba Noodles
    Can I get your recipe for Char Siu please?

Last night was Eggless meatballs with gnocci and tomato sauce. Other than buggering up the sauce it was very nice. Gnocci have a very strange texture though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pork in cider casserole, Jamie Oliver recipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

kylith wrote: »
    Can I get your recipe for Char Siu please?

It's simple enough - you need char siu sauce, soy sauce and chinese rice wine. Fry your pork until browned before adding in 2 tbsp each of rice wine and soy sauce. Bubble away for a few minutes then add about 3 tbsp of char siu sauce.

Let it boil and bubble away until it turns thick and sticky and begins to coat the pork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night was coffee spice rubbed, rare T-bones with a wine, thyme and chocolate chilli reduction; roast, squashed baby potatoes; roast yellow and orange carrots; slow roast tomatoes and garlic; wilted spinach with nutmeg.

While the coffee spice rub was nice and didn't clash with the reduction, it did sort of dominate the flavour of the steak (bit of a waste considering the price of the steak!) and the nutmeg was one flavour too many on the plate. Good dinner all the same;)

Tomatoes, garlic, spinach (leaf beet) and thyme from our garden and carrots from my sisters garden.

steak_8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fillet steaks with mashed carrot & turnip, creamed spuds & gravy from the juices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭JackN688

Simple Stuffed chicken Supreme, Roast New Potatoes, Wild Mushroom and Truffle Cream Sauce
    No pics im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Starter was goats cheese crostini from the Cooking Club, with a rocket, pine nut and chorizo salad (recreating one I had in the Market Bar last week!).

Main was beef stroganoff, made it without brandy from an RTE recipe and it really didn't work. Edible but a waste of two lovely fillet steaks IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭paulbok

popadoms with mango chutney,
    Chicken Bhuna with pilau rice
    Naan Bread,
    Strawberry Ice cream.

Everything home made.

Nan bread was a little dissapointing but gonna try a recipe off another thread next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Tonight's dinner has an American theme. Currently everything is in the oven. :) To start we're having sweetcorn relish with tortilla chips. The main course is meatloaf, macaroni cheese and green beens. Dessert will be pumpkin pie (my first attempt). Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Last night was Chicken Bhuna, basmati rice and natural yoghurt. Have loads left over so tonight i'll be doing Jamie Oliver's recipe for leftover curry biriyani, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Made this last night. So quick and easy and ever so tasty - nyum

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1269/chilli-prawn-linguine

Last night we had pan fried, lightly floured pork escalopes with a tomato, garlic and broad bean stew; wilted spinach and red cargo rice.
    Also had a bake made with potato, apple, onion and a black dried sausage we got in Lisbon - very nice:D

Was away for the last few days in the UK. Had this last night in a lovely pub, The Royal Oak, in Buxton, Derbyshire.

Millionaire's Fish Pie
    picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10736

followed by Lemon & Blueberry Meringue Roulade
    picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10737

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We currently have beef cheeks braising in the oven, so I made a quick salad to snack on while we wait for them to cook.

Salad of smoked ham hock, carmelised pear, lamb's lettuce with a mustard vinaigrette.

6201116552_fb5aa846f3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Made Seabass en Papillote using this recipe from Masterchef Australia.

http://www.masterchef.com.au/snapper-en-papillote.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tonight - a grilled halloumi salad with confit cherry tomatoes & crispy onions.

Waiting for a cheese & onion pie to cool so that I can enjoy a late night slice before bed (make using Simon Hopkinson's recipe from here).

Made a stew from a Jamie Oliver recipe - Beef & Ale Stew with herby dumplings.

Was really tasty

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10744

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I made Sheperds pie. I riced the potatoes and added olive oil that my friend brings me from their press in Italy, a little nutmeg and seasoning. Then I riced the mix back over the pie. It looked so cool and there were loads of little crunchy bits for everybody as there is alot more surface that if I just forked it.

The next one I make will have a thin layer of turnip puree under the potato.

(There's a bit of a sheperds pie war going on at the moment, thus the obsession with it lately)

Here is the rasberry cake I made - cooling while I was making the lemon drizzle icing.

Beef short ribs stewed in red wine, tomatoes, and loads of garlic and herbs with pinto beans.
    The ribs made an extra tasty stew and cost €3.75 and stretched to 4 portions:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68219621@N02/6206870645/

Grilled Chicken on a bed of Rocket & Grilled Peppers drowned in a garlic butter sauce yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Was away at the weekend and orderd fish and chips in a pub we were in.... it was absolutly delicious but I couldnt get over the size of the piece of haddok they served up...as you can tell by the look on my face it was a daunting challenge, but I got there in the end ;)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=10745

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsalongday

love sound of the beef short ribs ;0)

ive just finished a fish pie recipe that was oven ready in 10 minutes from my shopping bag - every monday with a glass of pinot G - oh just waiting on the other half to get back from work so i can dig in, mmmhhhhh maybe a lil taste first ;0) woooop, so proud!

A kind of Ploughman's lunch. Ham, Wensleydale with cranberries, pickles, piccalilli and homemade sourdough ;)

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10754

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kirw2n

Hey everyone^^

Last night I had my famous "I'm a student on a budget" homemade vegetarian sushi! 3 rolls between me and my boyfriend, to be exact!

The filling was Avocado,:pac: Red pepper, and Daikon~

Avocado is a bit of a luxury these days but it was so worth it;) My favourite filling by far.

Pork Chops with Minty Cabbage and Smashed Potatoes from Jamie Oliver's 30 Minutes (to Cook and 30 Minutes to Clean) Meals book. Worked a treat!

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10767

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I couldnt get over the size of the piece of haddok they served up...as you can tell by the look on my face it was a daunting challenge, but I got there in the end ;)

<photo snipped>

I can't get over the size of those chips!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had a herby lemony roast chicken with baby spuds and fresh veg - bliss.

Tonight we're having dhal with naan. And one of Faith's caramel slices for dessert. :)

Last night we had a herby lemony roast chicken with baby spuds and fresh veg - bliss.

Tonight we're having dhal with naan. And one of Faith's caramel slices for dessert. :)

Tonight we're having dhal with rice!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

trackguy wrote: »
    A kind of Ploughman's lunch. Ham, Wensleydale with cranberries, pickles, piccalilli and homemade sourdough ;)

<photo snipped>

Oooo how do you make sourdough?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement