Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Tonight my boyfriend is coming over and I'm making homemade burgers and homemade wedges and chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Was worried the burgers wouldn't turn out ok because I normally add breadcrumbs and I forgot to buy them but they seem to be looking well in the oven :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

MiniSquish wrote: »
    Tonight my boyfriend is coming over and I'm making homemade burgers and homemade wedges and chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Was worried the burgers wouldn't turn out ok because I normally add breadcrumbs and I forgot to buy them but they seem to be looking well in the oven :)

Don't forget you can make your own breadcrumbs in a blender, or if you don't have a blender, then you can use a grater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Crushed cream crackers also work like a charm in burgers. Thank you, Jamie Oliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Last night was mackerel fried in butter, baked sweet potato and brocolli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Spaghetti with meatballs

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10904

followed by bakewell pudding, which we didn't quite get right. The middle was a little undercooked as you can see! Was still very nice though!

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10902

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Baked black soul with lemon, soy and chili.
    Thai fragrant rice.
    Stirfried Chinese leaves.
    Thank you Mrs Beer!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sirloin steak with fried tomatoes & onions, & a few slices of zöpfli (a white Swiss bread) for mopping up the juices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Saturday was a special occasion, so we had Fillet Steak with home made chips, slow roasted tomatoes, asparagus and black pepper sauce.
    It was very yummy!

178307.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Made a sort of chicken supreme thing the other night, wasn't following a recipe I just threw together some chicken, veg, cream and stock. It was nice but a bit on the bland side. I added loads of parsley and a bit of salt, I wonder what I could do to make it more flavorsome?

Truley wrote: »
    Made a sort of chicken supreme thing the other night, wasn't following a recipe I just threw together some chicken, veg, cream and stock. It was nice but a bit on the bland side. I added loads of parsley and a bit of salt, I wonder what I could do to make it more flavorsome?

You could add some smoked bacon or mushrooms or both?

maybe you do this already but fry the chicken first, making sure it's well browned. Remove it from the pan and fry your vegetables. When these have softened, add your chicken back in and de-glaze the pan with some wine or just some of the stock. Scrape all the crusty bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.

• Advertisement

Making a Shepherds Pie tonight- its my Dad's first day back from a new job. Wanted to make it a bit special/different. What would Gruyere cheese be like on top, with a bit of the cheddar also?

MiniSquish wrote: »
    What would Gruyere cheese be like on top, with a bit of the cheddar also?

twould be fine - if you like cheese on your pie (I don't cause I love the crispy potato more) but it won't be remarkably different than just cheddar.

Thanks, I dont really mind not having the cheese but my Dad likes Shepherd's Pie very cheesy. I was going to make the Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie from the Cooking Club to try something different but he doesn't like Sweet Potato apparently :)

Tuna and mango cerviche with mint and cucumber salad.

Free range loin of pork roast pink with roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, shallots and garlic, gravy and runner beans.

M&S apple pie.

Cheese.

Coffee, dark chocolate and rum.

Red Pork Curry

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10909

Bacon & Butterbean chowdah

303761_10150492487987678_552147677_11397931_1521447794_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night was chicken biriyani with mango chutney, sour cream and naan.

Tonight was cottage pie with roasted carrots and parsnips which, quite pleasantly, I didn't have to cook. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

The week has consisted of Govindas as per usual or Cheerios if late home. Tonight Im making pasta carbonara and tomorrow is chicken and mushroom pie with my supermash and mushy peas.

Crispy five-spice pork belly with steamed rice and pak choi. Soy dressing too.

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10924

Seriously Trackguy? Do you wait until Ive had a crappy food week to come on and make a show of me?

Im putting in place a 2 post away restraining order!

:pac:

• Advertisement

Seriously Trackguy? Do you wait until Ive had a crappy food week to come on and make a show of me?

Im putting in place a 2 post away restraining order!

:pac:

I'm sorry, I saw a notification of your post and remembered to post my pic! I'll keep my distance in future! :p

Three Bean Enchiladas

312257_10150492488447678_552147677_11397934_1563461555_n.jpg

Duck. With .......stuff. HAH!

178794.jpg

There you go... ;)
    tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night was fillet steak, home-made chips, fried onions and pepper sauce. Nom.

You know, I am coming to the conclusion that I really do prefer the taste of a striploin to a fillet, but the difficulty is sourcing striploin that's been hung long enough and is good and tender.

I'm all about the striploin!

Last night, I had Beef in black bean sauce from a Rick Stein recipe.

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Three Bean Enchiladas

<Mod snip - Please don't quote pics>

That looks aMAZing nyom nyom!:pac:

Spaghetti Torte. It was mediocre. Definitely has potential, though.

319625_10150483393162678_552147677_11341370_873169223_n.jpg

313067_10150483393337678_552147677_11341372_2001932468_n.jpg

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Spaghetti Torte. It was mediocre. Definitely has potential, though.

I think I tried something along those lines before - didn't really work for me:rolleyes:

Roast pork with crackling, potato, roasted veg, red cabbage, onion gravy, apple jelly

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10958

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

trackguy can I move in with you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement