Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Acoshla wrote: »
    trackguy can I move in with you?

Haha, I'm not going to be allowed post here anymore now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

Roast Rack of Lamb with Herb Crust

IMG_1645.jpg

Not bad for a Monday night student dinner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

It's time to say it - the photos are fab, and very professional looking. They make my mouth water!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

I keep forgetting to take pics of my grub. I spent the last few days with trackguy so as you can imagine I have been pretty spoiled at dinner time! Unfortunately I have to fend for myself tonight so Im going to attempt a sausage and bean casserole. Ill try remember to take a pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

White(ish) Chili with home-baked tortilla chips

299586_10150500013387678_552147677_11442413_949033767_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

40040D wrote: »

Are you a student chef??:D

IMG_1645.jpg

Looks great - but I don't know any students who can afford rack of lamb!! If you are not a student chef then you have to be related to a sheep farmer:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

A nice hearty Vegetable soup to warm me up after being out in the rain twice taking photos of the floods! :)

321138_10150437673641718_631736717_10926899_1314856275_n.jpg

leahyl wrote: »

Fancy seeing YOU here!!! ha ... * WAVES * :)

Chicken and Leek Pasty with smashed spuds, some of the excess creamed leeks from the pasties and some leftover turnip from Sunday.

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10963

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Tonight we had fusilli with chicken in a creamy port sauce.

mjs1f4.jpg

Then there was home-made tiramisu for after...but I didn't eat it, as the raw eggs don't quite agree with my tummy.

zo9r9k.jpg

Basque Hake and Potato Stew

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=10970

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Last night was blueberry pie and 3 slices of ham. I made the pie on Sunday and it was fab, the ham was because Im sick of Cheerios atm.

Lunch today is Turkish Delight sweets from the Barnardos box down in reception and dilute orange. (I forgot my card :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

soul_resize.jpg
    choi_san_resize.jpgplate_resize.jpg

Black soul baked with ginger, spring onion, lemon, garlic, chilli, soy, rice wine and sesame oil.
    Steamed choi san
    Thai fragrant rice

Nice:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Very slow roast belly pork, with garlic courgettes, fondant potatoes and a apple & ginger sauce.

Went to Bijou in Rathgar last night, planning to do the Dine in Dublin menu, but we ended up ordering off the a la carte as none of us really eat dessert, so it worked out cheaper.

I had wild mushroom risotto to start (very mediocre) and haddock & salmon fishcakes for my main, which were much better.

What I really wanted, though, was the 10oz rib-eye with black truffle butter & chips. I'm totally doing steak for dinner tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

After a shaky start to the day yesterday due to no funds, it all turned sweet for me in the end.

Into the office was shipped olives, feta cheese - the real one - tomato salad and breadsticks. All delicious and most welcomed.

I went out after work thanks to more funding (yes yes - Im a jammy cow - but Im pretty so I get away with it) and ended up in Ely in the IFSC with their fab thick cut chips and pizza. It was delicious - but a bit odd tbh, the base was more like a pastry and they were so generous with the cheese the fat from the cheese actually went through the pastry. It had a parma like meat on it and sunblush tomatoes. I was also drinking a beautiful Sav Blc which I would probably never buy for myself due to the price of it but on someone elses insistance and dime, I have to say it was the best eats Ive had since the weekend.

Being in recession for a day was no fun I can tell you, but I managed to survive it, came out the other side and feel I am stronger for it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Shpuds

Me and himself(himself and I) decieded we wanted a feast last night. Goat's cheese and caramelised onion tarts, followed by Roasted turkey and honey baked ham, creamy chive mash and crispy goose fat potatoes. Then to finish off strawberry and champagne ice-cream. I'm still feeling stuffed so I think baked salmon swimming in White wine with veg rice will do tonight.

Made from scratch

Pizza - Tomato puree base, mozzarella ,chicken , peppers and some garlic and oregano sprinkled across the top .
    Twaz Yummy :)

179468.JPG

Last night we went to the Jewel in the Crown and we had onion bhajis and lamb samosas to start followed by, for me, prawn bhuna and pilau rice, and for him, chicken biriyani with naan. Taste tastic.

Edited to add...tonight we had good old fashioned chilli con carne with rice and corn chips, sour cream and cheese. Followed by a nameless dessert composed of fresh berries topped with Greek yoghurt and brown sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Shpuds

Our plans of salmon got smashed when me and your man decided to take the nieces and nephews for pizza. Went down a treat!

Tartiflette with roasted vegetables

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=11042

It needed more cheese I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Looks great - but I don't know any students who can afford rack of lamb!! If you are not a student chef then you have to be related to a sheep farmer:D

Thats because the majority of students probably spend about 70% of their money on drink !

6 ribs can be purchased in most supermarkets, butchers for around €12-15 unprepared

Prepared with all the meat trimmed back to the bones is a little dearer, But its not that hard to do at home, pending you at least have a very sharp knife.
    leahyl wrote: »

....Yep :P

....Yep :P

Ahaa!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Burp! :)

Pastabake.jpg

Gnocchi in gorgonzola cream sauce. My heart attack should be along any day now...

DSC01422.JPG

I have no idea why that photo is so huge - anyone know how to resize? The gnocchi look like aliens!

Hot Beef Salad with crispy fried shallots

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=11046

We had fried chicken. Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Finally remembered to take a picture! Last night was Pasta bolognese :)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11051

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement