Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

AstridBean wrote: »
    This was even better the second day!

I'm glad the dumplings worked out without the suet.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

I'm glad the dumplings worked out without the suet.;)

Yeah, they were lovely and rose well, though I have to say I'm itching to try them with suet now, just to see what the difference is! :)

AstridBean wrote: »
    Yeah, they were lovely and rose well, though I have to say I'm itching to try them with suet now, just to see what the difference is! :)

Yeah, I have a mind to make a suet steamed pudding.
    I've never made one before but my wife will be very happy if I make her a suet crust pie - maybe venison.

Tonight was:
    Buffalo wings, beetroot and carrot slaw, little gem lettuce and roast oca from the garden. Nice:D

DSC00943rs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Tonight we had chicken teriyaki with green veg and noodles. Tasteh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

reallyrose wrote: »
    Chicken liver in bolognaise eh?
    Now, haven't I spoken to you about the use of apostrophes before?!:p

Funny thing is, I do put a little chicken liver in my bolognaise !
    But not made it in a while.

Y'ou have i'ndeed! And I continue to take no noti'ce!

Gak! That's vile.

Last night was coq au vin for the 3rd night running. I really have to get realistic about my portion quantities.

Im really tired and tonight is the soup run night so its cuppa soup and then something easy and quick like an omlette when I get home.

• Advertisement

Gak! That's vile.

You haven't tried my Bolognaise!;) (I'm not a lover of liver, generally)
    Last night was coq au vin for the 3rd night running.

Ha, we had coq au vin Saturday and Sunday and there's still a single portion in the fridge - I find it doesn't freeze very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Stir-fried Chicken with Oyster Sauce

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11475

Shopping tonight so Im off to Boojum to grab a burritto. I have one more pressie to get iand it for a foodie so Im going on a truffle hunt.

Stir fried pork mince with ginger, garlic, spring onion (white part), Chinese leaves, sugar snap peas, sambal chilli sauce (from Singapore), chicken stock, shaohsing rice wine, soy sauce with fresh coriander leaf and spring onion (green part) to serve. Whole wheat noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Spicy sausage, potato and thyme quesedillas

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11481

• Advertisement

Mexican/Italian...quite the fusion! :pac: Were they nice?

Tonight we went for the set menu in Juju steakhouse in Johnstown, Kildare. Prompt, friendly service and great prices. Food nice, but nothing to write home about. I had the gampas pil pil to start and himself the brie, followed by the rib-eye steak which was a little overcooked for both our tastes, and some ice cream and coffee. Very pleasant indeed.

Mexican/Italian...quite the fusion! :pac: Were they nice?

:pac: yes they were delicious! the recipe called for chorizo but i didnt have any so i substituted in some tesco finest chorizo style sausages. Turned out lovely. I also added in some franks hot sauce as in my opinion that goes with everything :D

I'm heading off home tomrrow to the land of incredibly slow internet connections, so I may not be posting for awhile. I hope you all have a Rachel yammy yammy Allen album for me when I get back! I will in the meantime, continue to ruin perfectly good dishes by experimenting with disasterous results. (Chocolate & Liver terrine anyone?:D)

Last night was a filthy concoction of whatever I could rummage out of the fridge, thrown in with some lentils and whacked in the oven for an hour. While it was cooking we had some Christmas cheer and by the time it ws cooked, we were so cheery, we didnt notice it was pretty disgusting.

Tonight is tofu and puy lentil burgers. Yammy!

(Yammy = my new word for everything)

How come you can make a fusion sound sane and delicious? :(

How come you can make a fusion sound sane and delicious? :(

:pac: Haha Thanks. It was more out of necessity than anything else but it did work a treat!! :)

Not that it was necessary after the lashings of food that have been eaten over the past few days :eek: but lastnight was a curry feast! Lamb, chicken, rice, nans, riata and plenty of home made chutneys! :)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11560

Rigatoni with leftover turkey leg meat, sundried tomato pesto, white wine, garlic, oregano and plenty of parmesan.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11569

Thai Beef & Coconut Curry

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Spaghetti and Meatballs :)

A bit of Merlot with the meatballs while cooking went perfectly well im must say :)

396337_10150563804711718_631736717_11446199_1016590706_n.jpg

DSC01120rs.jpg

Wild boar steaks with a apple balsamic and beetroot rosé wine reduction; potato rosti; beetroot, carrot and Jerusalem artichoke slaw (yes, slaw does seem to be a thing with me at the moment); slow roast tomatoes.

While the boar was tasty it was tough as new boots:mad::mad: (I cooked it rare and did let it rest). Don't think I'll be buying them steaks again - there will be words with my butcher;)

Still, twas an experiment and the sauce was lovely and the bottle of Barolo was fantastic with it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Tonight we had family over for dinner to my mum's house, we had her homemade paté, Cumberland sauce and melba toast for starter, and a selection of her homemade desserts, delish! There was salmon with lemon pasta and garlic potatoes for main but I didn't get a pic of it. Desserts were mini Baileys cheesecakes, chocolate, raspberry and white chocolate puddings, homemade icecream (in ice bowl!), strawberry shortcake and pavlovas.

385379_10150554778716558_715691557_11092273_2097190725_n.jpg

392107_10150554779796558_715691557_11092278_1241174651_n.jpg

375405_10150554779986558_715691557_11092279_893275432_n.jpg

Chorizo and butterbean stew

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11602

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Chorizo and butterbean stew

That looks amazing!

Seared beef salad with a soy and citrus dressing, pecans, cranberries and lots of pomegranate.

r22bgp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Last night was roast rib of beef. Served with Roast spuds (tried roasting for 20 mins, then cooling and roasting again for 20mins - worked out well) and roast peppers, fennel and broccoli.

A nice Aussie Cab Sav washed it down well!

Tagliatelle with smoked salmon

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11610

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Roast beef, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, parsnip purée, cauliflower cheese, mashed turnip, horseradish sauce, gravy and - the best bit - yorkshire puddings (of which I had five :eek:) Yum!

And that was the last Mammy dinner until Easter - boo!

Roast Pork Loin with mash, roasties, savoy cabbage, red cabbage, apple sauce and gravy made from the roasting juices

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11612

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not that it was necessary after the lashings of food that have been eaten over the past few days :eek: but lastnight was a curry feast! Lamb, chicken, rice, nans, riata and plenty of home made chutneys! :)

Mod note: Please don't quote pictures!

Are you married? :D

• Advertisement

Are you married? :D

Haha! :pac: not quite... its a work in progress ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement