Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Pork chops with cider sage and apples....the picture doesn't really do it justice but it was delicious!

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11668

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Chili Lemon sole with sweet roasted carrots and chick pea casserole
    1_246.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

It's the ultimate Asian comfort food!
    Don't knock it until you try it.
    It's a beautiful, simple dish - really tasty and really easy to make.
    Kind of like a savoury rice pudding.

And, happy new year to you too.

Im sure its the best it can be if you are making it BR, but Im still not sold on it. it looks very gruelly or something. Nope.

trackguy, we would be having the whole meal in Govindas! Unless you want my menu - Ill start with BRs turkey slurpy! When I decide on what Im going to torture you with for main course, Ill let you know - something liverry.

What would you guys do?

Last night was a plate of sunshine! I had homemade meatloaf - gonna leave the beetroot out the next time, sweetcorn and carrot mash. Very tasty!

Quality Street for desert, only 2 cos its all the mingin' ones left.

trackguy, we would be having the whole meal in Govindas! Unless you want my menu - Ill start with BRs turkey slurpy! When I decide on what Im going to torture you with for main course, Ill let you know - something liverry.

What would you guys do?

I would take care of dessert maybe a cheesecake or my baileys tiramisu and let himself take care of the propper food.....he is usually quite good at that ;)

Im dying to try make meatloaf I love it.... have you got a specific recipe you use for it? minus the beetroot :pac:

No real recipe as I had about 7 mins to make it cos I was joining friends for a walk. It was basically soy mince, breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, thyme, assifieda, parsley, pepper, roasted tomatoes and tomato puree.

I'm still into the Govindas idea that mushrooms and onions and garlic are bad for your spirit so Ive none of those things in this time round. You can use puy lentils either but I like the soy mince because it is more solid. And I know its probably nonsense but the idea is in my head till it goes so I cant help that.

Im thinking about a goats cheese icing on top next time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Im dying to try make meatloaf I love it.... have you got a specific recipe you use for it? minus the beetroot :pac:

This is a lovely meatloaf recipe that I've made a few times, xxxkarenxxx:

You’ll need a 2lb loaf tin for this bad boy. Preheat the oven to 180C. You’ll feed 6-8.

800g lean minced beef
    1 packet of good quality sausages, a half pound (or 227g), skins removed
    1 egg, beaten
    1 onion, finely minced
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
    1 tablespoon mustard
    1 heaped tablespoon tomato puree
    100g fresh breadcrumbs
    Salt and pepper

1. Mix all the ingredients together with your hands in a large mixing bowl. Simples. Combine well and transfer to the loaf tin. Pat down until level and cover with a bit of oiled parchment or grease-proof paper.

2. Bake in the oven for approximately 90 minutes, removing the paper 15 minutes before the end, to get a nicely browned and crispy top.

3. Drain off the fat, slice, and eat with macaroni cheese or mashed potato and green beans.

Im thinking about a goats cheese icing on top next time. :)

It all sounds like a tasty concoction alright! Thanks :) although I may have to pass on the goats cheese idea, the first....and last time I tasted goats cheese it didnt go down to well :( although maybe you are on to somthing there it could be tastier in icing form :P

Thanks neuro-praxis for typing that up for me... sounds very tasty also! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Slow cooked beef joint, done with a cup of chicken stock, 2 onions and a carrot. Made the juice into a gravy. And oven roasted baby spuds and carrots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Prawn Risotto

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Home-assembled rice paper spring rolls with shredded chicken and vegetables and a range of dipping sauces.

• Advertisement

Meatloaf, carrotty mash and sweetcorn again.

Friend cooking tonight. Not sure what. And shes a terrible cook mostly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We're clearing out the freezer to defrost it.

Last night was roast turkey wings, baby broad beans (bit too long in the freezer), sweetcorn and gravy from Sunday's roast.

Tonight is Rosscarbery black pudding (left over from Sunday's starter), oven chips :eek:, petit pois and gravy.

Hopefully things will get more interesting in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Sweet and Sour Chicken, I used chicken goujons that I cooked in the oven and then put them in the sauce with red onions and garlic, much nicer than I thought it be.

picture.php?albumid=1967&pictureid=11677

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

I love this thread so I should probably start taking part!

Starters was a plate of boiled eggs on salad and parma ham with generous helpings of paprika from my niece!

1001662e.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And for mains I did a creamy spag bol, new recipe which worked out quite well!!

1001665u.jpg

1001664fz.jpg

Balti Beef with rice, naan and mango chutney

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11679

Last night we had a beautiful roast chicken dinner, with roasted potatoes, pigs in blankets, and maple roasted squash and carrots, with gravy.

Tonight we had a beautiful Thai green prawn curry with rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,609 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tonight we had leftover Christmas Day stuffing, which we retitled Meatloaf. ;)
    Served with mash, veg and chicken gravy (which I found at the back of the freezer). January eh! :)

Creamed feta kale with a poached egg and lots of smoked salmon (very addictive)
    photo_5_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

aficionado wrote: »
    Creamed feta kale with a poached egg and lots of smoked salmon (very addictive)
    Recipie please - looks like almost my favourite meal as I love feta, kale and salmon.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Recipie please - looks like almost my favourite meal as I love feta, kale and salmon.

No real recipe, Steamed some shredded kale with garlic for 15 min then mixed in feta and grated parmigiana,

Poached and egg and added the salmon, Then finished off with generous amounts of lemon juice and black pepper.

Quick and easy :D

• Advertisement

Chicken Ramen with pak choi, bamboo shoots and spring onions.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11698

trackguy wrote: »
    Chicken Ramen with pak choi, bamboo shoots and spring onions.

I missed out on that one :rolleyes:

Last night was thai steamed salmon with sesame and soy noodles. The picture I took is rubbish so you will all just have to believe me that it was yummy! :D My sister who hates fish had a clean plate so it must have been good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Quiver before me and my mad cooking skillz:

IMG_3971_1.jpg

Shop-bought garlic and coriander mini naans with a bit of melted cheddar on top for mains, followed by two Tucs and a jam and cream biccie for dessert. No need to feel bad, one day you'll all reach my transcendental level.* :pac:

* I have a very important interview in a few days to prep for, so have reverted to exam eating. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Quiver before me and my mad cooking skillz:

Shop-bought garlic and coriander mini naans with a bit of melted cheddar on top for mains, followed by two Tucs and a jam and cream biccie for dessert. No need to feel bad, one day you'll all reach my transcendental level.* :pac:

* I have a very important interview in a few days to prep for, so have reverted to exam eating. :)

Any chance of recipe please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

ft9 wrote: »
    Any chance of recipe please?

That all depends on where you rate on the Mad Skillz cookery rating. :pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

chick.jpg

Fried/Grilled chicken thighs

oca.jpg

Roast oca and garlic

toms.jpg

Balsamic roast cherry tomatoes

Mange touts and winey pan juices.

Sirloin steak with boxty, roasted carrots, spinach and a red wine gravy.

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11705

Oh that's a nice looking piece of meat there xxxkarenxxx.

I really must take more meal photos.

Last night we had a fabulous pork pate with home-made bread, followed by lasagna and salad, followed by berry trifle (topped with hundreds and thousands for a retro feel). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

Sweet and Sour Chicken with potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

I just made a nice hearty chilli with sweet potato, carrots, celery, tomatoes, lentisl kidney beans, chick peas, onions, mushrooms, garlic, chilli powder, cumin and lemon juice. Really good and keeps nicely for a good few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement