Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I had a huge bag of rocket petulantly yellowing at me from the fridge so I wilted it a bit of olive oil in a hot pan with finely chopped garlic and chilli, poured over a couple of tablespoons of cream and served it over tagliatelle with some Parmesan. No complaints from my husband who would be a meat and spuds man. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Sausages with Puy Lentils http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/one-pot-meals/sausages-with-puy-lentils.html

So good! I also dice a couple of carrots finely and throw it in with the onion. If I've celery in the fridge I'll pop in a couple of sticks as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Chicken breasts, chopped and marinaded in orange, soy and ginger. Stir-fried with some mangetout and baby corn. Served with egg noodles. I scattered a few peanuts on top for crunch.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11776

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Beef casserole and spuds. Still had loads so sent some daown to a friend who is sick atm. Tonight is ...dunno....no lust :(

I tried out a new recipe....Indian spiced vegetable curry. It was very tasty although it looked like vomit so I wont bother with the pic :(

Forgive me for finding solace in the fact that I am not the only one who has disasters around here.

Now if you could oblige me by having them every third meal or so, I would be most grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Forgive me for finding solace in the fact that I am not the only one who has disasters around here.

Now if you could oblige me by having them every third meal or so, I would be most grateful.

I promise to post at least one disaster a week ill take a picture of it and everything! Trackguy seems to be in hot demand around here...maybe I should start loaning him out :rolleyes:... might make a few bob ;)

I promise to post at least one disaster a week ill take a picture of it and everything! Trackguy seems to be in hot demand around here...maybe I should start loaning him out :rolleyes:... might make a few bob ;)

If I hadnt such a crappy phone Id take photos and post them.

Thats cos there are always pictures! BR and tHB are awesome too.

FF Key party :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Italian baked meatballs in tomato sauce. Went a bit mad and cooked two trays, 48 meatballs in tomato sauce. So really this is here's what I had, am having and shall be having for dinner post.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

made some beetroot coleslaw. It was nice and tangy althougt I think six year old me just gets a kick out of eating something so pink! had it with sweet potato wedges (with a sprinkling of chilli powder), a lambchop and a sausage -bit of a weird dinner, but very tasty!

If I hadnt such a crappy phone Id take photos and post them.

Thats cos there are always pictures! BR and tHB are awesome too.

FF Key party :)

I leave this thread alone for one day and look what happens.

This is like a twisted Come Dine With Me meets Indecent Proposal :pac:

New Frock Tuesday and xxxkarenxxx - Your combined ideas are starting to worry me - BIG TIME! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Chicken savoyarde - an old favourite of cheesey tarragon sauce with poached chicken, boiled spuds and asparagus.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

A spanish feast tonight, of 6 tapas. Top is bread with duck liver and carmelised onions. Bottom is bread with guacamole, crab meat, a prawn, with a wedge of lime.

1D8D5B2F71D84F60BF27B81770561237-0000324795-0002717779-00500L-7D6DD88321594DA89650097CF2DD7D85.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Next we have patatas bravas with chorizo and a bit of parsley. Above that is special meat balls(500g mince, 3 sausages, 2 smoke rashers, 2 eggs, 4 slices of bread soaked in cream, 5 cloves garlic, drop of oil. All blended, then rolled and covered in flour. Sauce was 1 onion, 1 carrot, 2 cups water, 1 beef stock cube, all fried for 25 mins, then blended)

A26A51B14CD2408FBC1E68422C1738C4-0000324795-0002717778-00500L-FF0A857536A445EA8406175D737532BA.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

And finally prawns pil pil, and oven roasted veg.

94667E02D03E4244B751F4200AB293EC-0000324795-0002717777-00500L-B24F16B7354545CC943851534D46E509.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Washed down with red wine, and Sol with lime. Delish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

I had a crap day - anything that could go wrong did go wrong so I opted for a classic nostalgia dinner... home made burgers, gravy, mash & peas. Haven't had it in years and it was absolutely gorgeous

Karen made us a lovely stew from the Nigella Kitchen book - Beer Braised Beef. There was a lovely kick from some wholegrain mustard and allspice.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11786

We had a Chocolate Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding for dessert (Rachel Allen recipe)

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=11787

beertons wrote: »
    A spanish feast tonight, of 6 tapas. Top is bread with duck liver and carmelised onions. Bottom is bread with guacamole, crab meat, a prawn, with a wedge of lime.

Next we have patatas bravas with chorizo and a bit of parsley. Above that is special meat balls(500g mince, 3 sausages, 2 smoke rashers, 2 eggs, 4 slices of bread soaked in cream, 5 cloves garlic, drop of oil. All blended, then rolled and covered in flour. Sauce was 1 onion, 1 carrot, 2 cups water, 1 beef stock cube, all fried for 25 mins, then blended)

And finally prawns pil pil, and oven roasted veg.

Absolutely outstanding!

beertons wrote: »
    A spanish feast tonight, of 6 tapas.

....and eight oz of baby milk.....:D

Another recipe from Nigella Kitchen.... Lemon salmon with cherry tomato couscous. Yum :D

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11788

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Another recipe from Nigella Kitchen.... Lemon salmon with cherry tomato couscous. Yum :D

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11788

Hi Karen,

What's that on top of the salmon (I'm guessing its not burnt marks!)

Tx,
    Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Loire wrote: »
    Hi Karen,

Tx,
    Loire.

That's the lemon juice turning into a glaze?

Loire wrote: »

The salmon was rubbed in some lemon juice, paprika and garlic oil just before frying so its just a mixture of that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Made a beef, red wine and root vegtable casserole w ith mashed potatoes.

However went out for a drink with a friend and it ended up a bit dried out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Last night I made Butter Chicken and a Chicken Madras.
    First time cooking Indian and I think I'm converted, the spices where amazing to cook with.

Had the leftovers tonight :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Was away for the week and felt like I ate far too much meat and fried potato and not enough vegetables so tonight was lightly stirfried baby gem (or was it cos?) lettuce and (home sprouted) bean sprouts with spring onion, ginger, garlic, soy and sesame oil.

2012_01_28_162758.jpg

and after that I had a lor mai kai that was in the freezer

2012_01_28_171510.jpg
    2012_01_28_172255.jpg

trackguy wrote: »
    I leave this thread alone for one day and look what happens.

This is like a twisted Come Dine With Me meets Indecent Proposal :pac:

New Frock Tuesday and xxxkarenxxx - Your combined ideas are starting to worry me - BIG TIME! :p

This kitchen does seem to be steaming up all right:o
    My Mrs. drools over trackguy's offerings too:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

local fillet steaks cut from the chateaubriand section of loin cooked medium/rare, twice baked Kerr pinks with shallots, bacon, scallions, butter and cream and pan fried shredded york cabbage with balsamic vinegar,  served with a reduced mushroom port sauce made in same pan the fillets very cooked. Turned out great.

Lime and ginger marinated fillet of seabass and scallops with chinese fried rice made with all manner of bits and pieces I found in the fridge.

Beer battered gurnard, twice cooked chips and home made tartar sauce

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=11802

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Love looking at this thread so will have to start posting! Last night had a t-bone steak with galic potatoes and peppers. Would take my steak medium but it was more medium well so overcooked it a little:mad: Was still nice though, sorry about the picture my battery was dead so couldnt turn the flash on. How do I get the image into the post, if I stick the link in the message the picture comes up massive!

m.j.w wrote: »
    How do I get the image into the post, if I stick the link in the message the picture comes up massive!

Resize the pic using picturing editing software like photoshop or paint.
    I use wthax.org to host the pic.

• Advertisement

Currently cooking is this (put into 12 individual muffin holders) and this.

Think I've got my tenses mixed up for this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement