Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

trackguy wrote: »
    Where did you get the beef hardCopy?

I got it from Brady's in Fairview, my new local butcher.

Really fantastic steaks.

Here's my dinner from Thursday: Homemade pizza with a pile of spuds. Topped with pepperoni, feta, baby corn and yellow peppers.

Pizza.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

hardCopy wrote: »
    I got it from Brady's in Fairview, my new local butcher.

Really fantastic steaks.

Brady's are absolutely quality butchers. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Slow cooked spiced lamb shanks (got 2 for €2.12 in Tesco yesterday) with carrots and baby aubergines with hot couscous salad.

DSC01278rs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

IMAG0154-1-1.jpg
    Grilled salmon with salad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Grilled hake, mangetout, celeriac puree and garlic-lemon shrimp butter

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12039

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Galette tuesday :)

381.jpg

Galette batter:
    250g buckwheat flour
    500mls water
    tsp salt
    tsp olive oil
    Pepper to season

Filling:
    Whatever you fancy really :)
    I went for sauté'd tomato, garlic and red onion with goats cheese and Spinach.

382.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Mezzi rigatoni with king prawns, sugar snap peas and a little courgette with garlic and chilli in a mascarpone sauce. Licked the plate clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Pancake Tuesday!

panckaefilling.jpg

unfortunately I don't have any pics of the actual pancakes as they were demolished as soon as they were made! had to make 2 rounds of batter!

melted the butlers dark chocolate went so well with strawberries and blueberries.

On a slightly off topic does anyone know of a decent place to stock up on healthy goods like nuts, fruits, seeds, lentils etc in Dublin. I find that the tescos etc have a limited enough choice and can be expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Minder : Really liked the sound of that till I got to the mascarpone sauce...throw a non cheese sauce on that and I'm yours.

Beef and stout casserole with sweet potato mash last night.

Chickpea and spinach curry tonight.

Chicken thighs marinaded in lime juice, fish sauce, chilli and ginger and roasted in the oven until golden.

Served with egg noodles, stir-fried with crunchy vegetables, rice wine, sesame oil and soy sauce.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12050

• Advertisement

A lovely meal of leftovers and stuff to be used up.

Started with fillets of smoked mackerel, cold with lemon juice.

Then had butternut squash pan roasted (fried with a lid) with olive oil, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds and lemon juice; black beans from Saturday's steak dinner; couscous salad (served warm) from Monday's lamb shanks dinner.

All worked really well together with a glass of Albrino.

A lovely meal of leftovers and stuff to be used up.

Started with fillets of smoked mackerel, cold with lemon juice.

Then had butternut squash pan roasted (fried with a lid) with olive oil, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds and lemon juice; black beans from Saturday's steak dinner; couscous salad (served warm) from Monday's lamb shanks dinner.

All worked really well together with a glass of Albarino.

Jerk chicken wings and jolof rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Tonight I'm eating pasta with scamorza cheese... I've had the cheese a while and was told to just cube it and stir into hot pasta...couldn't leave it at that so sweated some onions garlic chucked in some parsley and blueehh ... Sticky and very smokey ( bottle smoke flavour) edible but not go back for seconds p

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Always have a flick through this thread but never really post. So here goes:

Flat mushrooms with garlic, red onion and spinach, topped with blue cheese.
    42ECBBCC-orig.jpg

Franks (4x) Xtra Hot Wings
    8A00128A-orig.jpg

Key Lime Pie
    C3622F9B-orig.jpg

Sorry about the size of pics, will resize in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Herb-crusted rack of lamb, cooked medium, mashed potatoes and some quickly pan-fried peppers, onion and garlic.

2BCDE101551F4B4FB871601D1BE95874-0000316660-0002747429-00500L-B9CF085D80E8411F99CAC8ED311BD951.jpg

Not too bad for a quick student dinner :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,609 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Last night I tried making Halusky for the first time. Saw it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives a few weeks ago and it got rave reviews.

It's a Polish dish that is basically shredded cabbage, onions, egg noodles and butter so is as cheap as chips to feed a lot of people.

Here's the YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-eL8u7SrlM

It was OK, kids had seconds which is the main test in our house. :rolleyes: I added some chopped Pancetta and the saltiness really added to it. One to develop further me thinks..... :)

Beef Stroganoff.

One of the tastiest, quickest and easiest meals to make.

Quickly sear some sliced steak (fillet is best, I used sirloin) and remove from the pan. Add some onions, sliced mushroom, a spoonful of paprika and season. Fry for a couple of minutes and then add the steak back in.

Add a dash of mustard and a good few tbsps of sour cream. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and whip it off the heat.

Serve with rice/ chips

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12063

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mmm, I've been meaning to make beef stroganoff for ages now. I will once I can afford decent meat.

Had homemade pizza last night but forgot to take a pic:(

Dough was 4:1 strong white flour:buckwheat flour.

1st pizza was cheese (Coolea and cheap mozzarella) and tomato with sliced jalapeños

2nd one was cheese and tomato and half the pizza with sliced olives and onion and the other half onion and sliced Austrian sausage.

First pizza was much better.
    I'm still having big problems getting the pizza onto the hot stone in the oven without lots of stress and cursing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

trackguy wrote: »
    Chicken thighs marinaded in lime juice, fish sauce, chilli and ginger and roasted in the oven until golden.

Served with egg noodles, stir-fried with crunchy vegetables, rice wine, sesame oil and soy sauce.

That sounds lovely, post bookmarked!

More yeoman level nosh today

Basically minced beef meat balls stew/soup (hard to know where one ends and the other begins at times!) with spuds, onion, beans, tomatoes, carrots, celery. Texture better on day three than day one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

We had a stir fry with king prawns, marinated in soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, brown sugar, chilli and garlic, with bok choi, scallions, courgettes and carrots, with noodles.

2nrip3l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭calistro

Last night for the 1st time I had kid goat burgers. Just class, so class in fact i brought more for lunch today and a few to share out. Thumbs up from all who tasted. Next up is slow roast leg of kid goat and also have some chops and shanks in the freezer. I'll be ordering the full animal next i think.

Rare fried fillet steaks with chick pea mash, grilled tomatoes and a onion, thyme and mustard sauce. Watercress, rocket and lettuce salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Rare fried fillet steaks with chick pea mash, grilled tomatoes and a onion, thyme and mustard sauce. Watercress, rocket and lettuce salad.

Ah man *drools* I've been craving steak so bad the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Tonight was just a bit of a whatever is in the fridge.

I ended up having an omelette with chorizo, red pepper, orange pepper, shallots, manchego and mushrooms. With a salad with sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, pinenuts and bean sprouts.

There's also currently some banana bread in the oven. :)

Slow roast duck legs crisped up in a hot oven with rhubarb and ginger jam, ginger, garlic, chilli, soy, rice wine, sesame oil and duck roasting juices; pak choi with ginger, garlic, spring onion and soy; Thai fragrant white rice; all scattered with fresh coriander and spring onion greens.

Really quick (if you roasted the duck legs yesterday) and easy but ohhhh soooo tasty:D

DSC01294rs.jpg

Veal tail braised in a white wine and tomato sauce very much like an osso bucco recipe. Ate that with a crusty white loaf and a winter salad of chicory, pear, stilton and rough croutons with a grain mustard dressing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Today I had a lovely piece of Hake which I pan fried.
    I made a compound butter of lime juice and zest, garlic, ginger and corriander which I added to some oil in a hot pan, put the fish in skin side down for about a minute and then turned it and cooked for another 45 seconds. Then I poured a little soy and honey in the pan after I removed the fish and poured this over the fish.

I served on top of some stir fried veggies and noodles which to which I added ginger, garlic, like zest, chilli, soy and honey.

Washed down with a glass of O'Hara's Red Ale, twas only yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Pasta_Sauce___20120207.jpg

My first attempt at pasta sauce.

Half tin of chopped tomatoes.
    Tbsp of Tomato Puree
    Tbsp of dried grated cheese
    4 chopped basil leaves
    Pinch of sharwoods mixed herbs
    Pinch of sea salt
    Pinch of dried garlic
    1/2 tsp of hot chilli sauce

Simmered on the pan to reduce the tomato juice.

Turned out really nice and was ready by the time the water boiled for my instant tortelloni.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement