Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Butter Prawns - a Malaysian dish of shell-on prawns stir fried in toasted coconut, curry leaves, garlic, chilli and white pepper. Also had slow roast lamb ribs with green chilli and herb relish. With that we had a mushroom fried rice and some chicken dumplings with ponzu sauce.

Stir-fry. Purple sprouting broccoli; toasted seasme seeds; chicken with chilli powder, roasted rice powder and ginger paste with a little soy; a handful of chestnut mushrooms and a couple of trays of egg noodles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Veal cutlets with fried scallions & tomatoes, gravy & chunks of crusty bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Had Goats Cheese served with roasted peppers, caramelized red onion, baby leaves and pesto as a starter in the same place as last night, it was really nice. Had the chilli and pesto salmon fillet as a main, it was a smaller portion of fish than the other diners with me got, but I thought it was just right. I wasn't going to have a dessert but then I spotted an ice cream dish served with bananas and toffee sauce. I had that even though I was fully stuffed already. It was a lovely meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Chinese roast belly pork. Had it with pak choi and steamed rice.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12205

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

A couple of nights ago was chilli... again :o This time with shredded slow cooked rib steak, beef mince and chorizo. Also it had a nice kick to it with fresh and dried chilli and some chipotle en adobo :)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12207

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

xxxkarenxxx posted a stew recipe that has become a favourite for me this winter. I cooked it a couple of weeks ago and said "that'll be the last one until next winter now" - couldn't resist again last night. :)

196213.jpg

xxxkarenxxx posted a stew recipe that has become a favourite for me this winter. I cooked it a couple of weeks ago and said "that'll be the last one until next winter now" - couldn't resist again last night. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) its one of my favourites too!

Butterflied leg of lamb with thyme, chilli, garlic and lemon, from a Rick Stein recipe. Served with roasted potato wedges and some courgettes fried in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12218

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

toad in the hole with er beans, first go at this. Well second, I had enough batter mix and sausages for two attempts. The first was over-cooked, using top oven means 150 c max and 25 mins (10 of them pre-heat) is enough. Next time
    I'll try it with bacon wrapped sausages and gravy.

ToadintheHole.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

It was homemade chicken fried rice for me last night!

196348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Long grain rice with fennel seeds, topped with home mad salsa (using aldis chili pack) & Diced chicken breast!

08d4cfa0.jpg?t=1331747329

Karen made salmon fishcakes last night. We had them with wedges and greens and some chipotle mayo on the side.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12238

Linguine con sarde - basically pasta with sardines, but rammed with flavour. Fennel and onion cooked in a good glug of olive oil until soft and caramelised. A big pinch of chilli and fennel seeds. Toasted pinenuts, sardine fillets and fresh dill just tossed through the pasta to warm through. A squeeze of lemon juice to finish. I couldn't stop eating it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Home made Massaman Curry with egg fried rice. Don't think carrot is something that would normally go into massaman but hey, it's mine and i love carrot :).

427040_10150637856729678_525794677_9254153_1126552421_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

IMG_20120314_213130_1.jpg

Chicken covered in Pepperoni and roasted in tin foil with Potato and Sweet Potato oven chips.

Spag Bol with loadsa parmesan

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12245

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

First time posting in aggges. Have been on a diet so had to keep out of here. Its like when I watch Man v Food - all I want to do is chow down on deep fried/deep filled/ stuffed/ roasted /generally delicious looking whatever it is hes pieholing.

Nice to see Karen & trackguy are still in love and that THB is going to hell for his veal habits. neuro-praxis still adventerous and always makes me want to be best friends with her and beer revolu still king of somewhere. Is it your oilfield br? Well done. Let them eat caviar!

Ive started stalking Minders food too :)

Im having my fav dinner tonight. Chicken kiev - Im making it and supermash served with excellently fried mushrooms - buttered with a lid on teh pan first to sweat them down and then off withe lid and cooking till they are nearly black.

Chicken and chips! Albeit with added bacon wrap :)

chickenbaconandchips.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

mike65 wrote: »
    Chicken and chips! Albeit with added bacon wrap :)
    Where's the beans? :p

• Advertisement

:p I did add tinned tomatoes.

Now the weather is getting brighter/warmer and the kitchen is a nicer place to spend time I'm going to try a be a bit more adventurous (truth is I do like simple grub a bit too much!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

THB is going to hell for his veal habits.

While I'll eat pretty much anything that moves or moved, I do like to think it had a good life and death.
    Veal is a no no for me - at least the crated kind and I've not sourced veal that I'd be happy to eat.

So, take that back:mad::mad::mad:

;)

Baked Vacherin Mont-d'Or with crusty bread; a selection of charcuterie, some olives, gherkins and grapes and a decent bottle of red wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll be honest with you by saying that I've not looked into Swiss faming methods, however, like horse, it has become an occasional part of my diet as it is such a popular meat where I am.

It is the factory-made Toblerones that I feel sorry for... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

I'll be honest with you by saying that I've not looked into Swiss faming methods, however, like horse, it has become an occasional part of my diet as it is such a popular meat where I am.

It is the factory-made Toblerones that I feel sorry for... :p

^^Made me laugh, nice one!

Last night was griddled striploins served with horseradish mash and al dente asparagus drizzled in lemon juice. It was fine and plates were cleaned (good after that recent steak disaster...)

Mrs. Beer did the dinner tonight and inadvertently did an Irish flag dinner (she's not Irish).
    Pork and apple sausages, pan fried oca and carrots, tenderstem broccoli, gravy.

DSC01355rs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

I'd suggest that your kids are good eaters because they eat the same food as the adults at the same time.

I see so many people feeding their kids different food to themselves at a different time and then wonder why their kids are fussy eaters.

Although, having said that, we always ate as a family but I was an infuriatingly fussy eater until I was about 17. (At least I finally grew out of it:D)

my daughter is two and she loves my version of carbonara (no liquid yolk, use fresh cream for extra sauce, but it's only fried bacon, pasta and parmesan otherwise) and that's what we had yesterday. she also loves sausages, burgers, bolognese, chicken and cream of potato soup and curries. funny enough, though she has a sweet tooth the size of an elephant tusk, she hates cakes and warm sweet meals such as pancakes.
    i'm cooking szegedin goulash today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Did a bit of a mixed grill fish style last night...

Picked up some smallish pieces of salmon and sea bass (marinades of tex/mex and lime/chilli/garlic). Cooked them up with some roasted baby potatoes and some blanched asparagus.

Worked out pretty good and the portions where perfect

Had some family round today. We had:

Smoked mackerel; slaw of fennel, carrot, Jerusalem artichoke, ginger, lemon juice, wasabi, fish sauce, sesame oil and a tiny bit of honey; small dressed salad of lettuce, rocket, watercress, wild garlic leaves.

Poached, then pan browned crown of bronze turkey; roast carrot, parsnip, shallot, garlic; duck fat roast potatoes; sautéed leeks with garlic; beetroot with apple balsamic and olive oil; gravy.

My mum brought her world class apple tart/pie (terminology can cause such rows:D) which we had with custard or Greek yoghurt.

Some foreign cheese:eek::eek:

Was too preoccupied and hungry to take photos.

• Advertisement

Pan fried duck breast with redcurrant sauce broccoli and roasted potatoes with rosemary

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12254

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement