Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Spaghetti with salami, sun-dried tomato, red pepper and red wine. Topped with parmesan.

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=12554

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Roast free range pork - forgot to take a pic before I removed the crackling but here's a pic of the crackling..
    DSC01410rs.jpg

..roast beetroot, carrot, parsnip, garlic...
    DSC01413rs.jpg

..roast spuds
    DSC01411rs.jpg

also has sautéed leeks,apple sauce and really good dark, porky, thymey gravy - I love the gravy from roast pork.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Chicken Curry this evening. :)

curry_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I made pizza from scratch for the first time tonight. The dough is remarkably easy. Got good quality serrano ham and buffalo mozzarella in the English market in Cork, added tomato sauce, sweetcorn, olives, homegrown spinach and oregano and an egg on top! Here is before and after:

11hcdqd.jpg

2wqbtj6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Stir fry mess.
    Chicken & veg.

a4dec71a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Mike65's picture of bacon-wrapped chicken etc

I smile everytime i see your post. Grew up using those plates at home. My mum still serves up dinner in them.
    Your dinners are my dream food. I could lick the screen yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I made Chicken Jalfrezi last night.

201103.jpg

Pork chops marinated in adobo sauce with rice and a fresh corn salsa

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=12556

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Superquinn sausages with turnover bread, real butter and a cuppa tae. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

hotpoti.jpg

Ingredients:
    8 Italian pork sausages
    2 Tins kidney beans
    2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
    2 small onion
    Large handful of fresh coriander
    2 tsp Cumin
    Knob of butter
    Balsamic vinger
    Sugar
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    Sour cream
    Crusty white bread
    1 tsp of Curry powder

1. Cook the sausages in a non-stick frying pan until browned and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.

2. In a separate pan, melt a little butter and sweat the onion, garlic until soft and lightly coloured. Halfway through, add the cumin seeds and curry powder and about 1 tablespoon of the chopped coriander stalk.

3. Stir the tomatoes into the onions and garlic. Add a dash of water and cook for 5 minutes, until thickened a little. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

4. Cut the sausages into bite-size pieces and add to the tomato mixture.

5. Deglaze the sausage pan with a splash of balsamic or red wine vinegar and a little water, scraping up any solids. Add any bits and juice from the deglazed pan to the hot pot.

Serve with white crusty bread, a large spoon of sour cream and some fresh coriander on top.

• Advertisement

Thai green curry of chicken leg meat with baby mushrooms and sugar snap peas.
    Salad of home sprouted beans, carrot, Chinese leaf, spring onion, peanuts with a dressing of shrimp paste, sugar, lime juice, sesame oil, chilli, shallot.

No pics this time:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

homemade pizza with basil, chorizo and mozzarella.

had leftover tomato sauce so will probably use that up with some pasta tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Roast chicken breast marinated for a few hours in Frank's hot sauce,lime, chillies and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Served with baby potatoes and spinach.
    Couldn't wait to savage the chicken so no picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

chili con carne with rice:

201438.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night we had a big salad. Chettinad marinated boneless chicken thighs, tumeric coloured quinoa, hard boiled eggs, red onion, tomato, mint and a big bag of leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Last night I made a chicken, ham and leek pie from the Hairy Bikers book of Perfect Pies. Unreal. :) Had the leftovers for lunch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Homemade pizza with pancetta, pineapple and sweetcorn, hurry up oven!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

mixed veg, noodles and teriyaki pork

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

We had roast stuffed pork with sweet potatoes + millions of other veg.
    Too hungry to take a pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Carpaccio Salad

saladl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Overflow wrote: »
    Carpaccio Salad

I find carpaccio (and steak tartare) very brave - I always cheat on a carpaccio and sear the fillet first. I can't help myself. Raw meat just doesn't do it for me. How was it?

Bangers and mash:
    Cumberland and pork and apple sausages, roast cherry tomatoes, carrots, mash and onion gravy. Nice:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Home made chicken biryani. Extremely satisfying meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Had shepards pie yesterday using this recipe here, went down a treat with the kids. doubled up the ingredients, this was determined by the fact that i had a Kg of mince instead of 500g, so was able to make 2 pies.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

chili con carni , baked tortilla chips, tomato salsa, corn salsa, cheese and lettuce, very tastey Food?authkey=Gv1sRgCLevg9_RhsX01wE#5734288962022635634

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Pan roasted turbot with wilted spinach, potato & fennel croquettes and a pernod tarragon cream sauce.

Free range pork chop (skin on) pan fried with pearl barley risotto, roast cherry tomatoes, onion gravy (from last night) and green salad.

DSC01423rs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Pork chop :)

Thai Red Chicken Curry from the other night.

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=12598

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Last night was Pan fried halibut with hollandaise, broken potatoes and steamed spinach :)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12599

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement