Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Grilled pork chops coated with miso bouillon & a little brown sugar (lazy lady spice rub!) with a sort of greek salad. The feta & salty chops were a bit of a salt overload but so will stick to them seperately in future but tasty none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 1Tony1

Last night i had a stir fry with mushrooms, brocolli, green beans, chick peas and noodles with an oyster sauce! Stir fries are definitly my favourite, so healthy and nice!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had a carbonara last night, made without cream (ie. the proper way :p). I actually didn't miss the cream at all! I really thought I would, but it was just as satisfying with an egg yolk and some of the pasta water (and loads of parmesan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Trying to be healthy. Went to the gym and had a healthy chicken stir fry and rice. Sounds boring but was rather tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Burger with mushrooms, onions and pepper sauce with potato wedges sprinkled with paprika. So good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Grilled salmon with somen noodles, pak choi and black bean sauce.

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12769

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Pan-fried Chicken Breast, steamed asparagus, oven-roasted wedges and a basil bearnaise

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

The other night I had veal steak in a lemon/white wine/cream sauce with mushrooms and onions, side of the little fried potatoes and green beans

558571_10150934882186103_513511102_11499055_2062330101_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I always look at this thread when I'm starving, which is really an unnecessary form of torture! Never posted though...
    I can however contribute today as I pieced together something I thought was worthy of the thread:

Soy Garlic Chicken

AsjFlnYCQAAphDh.jpg:large

If anyone has been to CrackBird, it was an unashamed attempt at a copy of their chicken....and it was very close (and tasty) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

revz wrote: »
    I always look at this thread when I'm starving, which is really an unnecessary form of torture! Never posted though...

I'm currently doing that. :o and have no redeeming exciting dinner, exams at the moment means I'm having lasagne from yesterday until Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

I've got spuds, cauliflower cheese (roquefort in the sauce and grated mature gouda on top) and a schnitzel for tonight's dinner.

It'll be so tasty after days and days of no time for cooking. This doesn't happen often in our household, but I had other priorities. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Beef and green beans stir fry, with red pepper and spring onions. and noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Tonight we're having macaroni and cheese (well, technically it's penne) with smoked bacon.

More of a late evening snack than a dinner but still hit the spot. Home made bread and chutney, some wensleydale with cranberries, cannonata, gherkins,parma ham and some crunchie nibbles. Perfect with a glass of wine :)

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Shakshuka - a spicy tomato sauce with merguez sausages baked in a terracotta dish and finished with a poached egg. Ate it with a sourdough loaf for mopping up all the sauce.

Tonight, I had a really delicious prawn risotto with spring onion, lemon and basil. It was all sorts of tasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Freshly picked wild mushrooms and chicken thighs. Wonderful! :)

Rack of lamb marinated in a chettinad coconut curry paste; rice with lentils and a Keralan thoran dish of baby corn, peas and beanshoots with a fresh grated coconut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Rosemary & lemon chicken with 'chippie' potatoes and steamed broccoli.:)

Roast pork, carrot and parsnip puree, dauphinoise, roast celeriac, gravy and apple sauce

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12823

Rhubarb crumble and ice cream for dessert :D

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12822

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I roasted a chicken over the weekend. Served the chicken breast with roasted potatoes, carrots and parsnip together with a rosemary and crème fraiche sauce.

ac2bef469c6d11e1abd61231381b6d77_7.jpg

Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the yummy chicken stock I made from the rest of the chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs beer did dinner the other night:
    Free range pork mince with bean sprouts, ginger, soya beans and lemon served with glass noodles.
    So tasty!!

DSC01440rs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yesterday we had pan fried rare striploins with a wild garlic seed and flower, chive and spring onion salsa. Had that with potato rosti and ginger scented sweetheart cabbage (not pictured).

DSC01441rs.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Chorizo
    An onion
    Smoked paprika
    A few chilli flakes
    Tin of tomatoes
    Tin of chick peas
    Wholemeal pasta

Nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Penne with sauteed fennel, garlic, lemon zest and juice, chicken pieces and lardons. Oh and some Roquefort.
    madtnl.jpg

Crab salad with horseradish and pickled mooli. Crab linguine with chilli and garlic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Made a chili on Sunday and had it sunday with rice, then monday put it in white flour tortillas with grated cheese and a salsa made from diced tomato, avocado and ripe papaya with some coriander leaves and a good squeeze of lime juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

204959.jpg

Chicken curry made with mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, tomatoes, onion and low fat yogurt then added curry powder and chicken breast, mixed it all together and placed it inside one of the Knorr chicken in a bag.

Added long grain rice and garden peas.

One way is to upload it to an image hosting website like imageshack or imgur, and post the link here. Alternatively, you can attach the image to your post, then click on the attachment and copy the address of it. Press this button insertimage.gif and paste the link into that. That will embed it in your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

I had pan fired pheasant breast with garlic and black pepper. Served it with creamed carrots and parsnips and steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes with onion in them .............yum yum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement