Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

pts wrote: »
    I roasted a chicken over the weekend. Served the chicken breast with roasted potatoes, carrots and parsnip together with a rosemary and crème fraiche sauce.

Hi pts..would you mind telling me how you made the rosemary and crème fraiche sauce as it sounds fab?
    pts wrote: »
    Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the yummy chicken stock I made from the rest of the chicken.

Very handy for a thai curry:

Fry 2 spoons of curry paste (I use thai red) in a put for 2 mins - jar or make your own
    Add chicken stock (100ml)
    Add a tin of coconut milk
    Add chopped green beans / whole mangetout
    cook for 5 mins
    Add in cooked chicken (cubes)
    Cook for another minute/2 mins and serve with rice

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bluecats

trackguy wrote: »
    Chicken Chilli Noodles - my interpretation of the Wagamama dish 'Chicken Chilli Men.'

A spicy, zesty, tangy delight.
    Don't quote pictures
    That dinner looks so tasty it has me drooling at the desk here...

any chance you'd tell me the recipe or where it's from, i'd love to try and make it??

Thanks
    nat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Oxtail stewed long and slow with tomatoes, red wine, garlic and herbs with polenta and rocket.

DSC01442rs.jpg

and what remained of the bones!!:D

DSC01443rs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Loire wrote: »
    Hi pts..would you mind telling me how you made the rosemary and crème fraiche sauce as it sounds fab?

Hey Loire, I can try, but I keep tweaking it all the time so two versions of it are never the same. I'm trying to remember how I made it last time, hopefully I won't forget something important :)

When I roast the chicken I fill the chicken crevasse with a bit of lemon and a lot of rosemary. I chop up 2 red onions and 3 ripe tomatoes which I place in the roasting tray, then place the chicken on a rack on top of it so it can drip down into the roasting tray. While it is roasting I add some water to the roasting tray if the onions and tomatoes are getting a bit burnt.

When the chicken is roasted and resting I sieve the the liquid from roasting tray into a saucepan and add some cornflour to the liquid. Then I add some milk and heat it up to thicken the sauce. Finally I add some crème fraiche (maybe half a packet) and some milk if needed until I get my desired consistency. I finish it off with a splash of soy sauce a little white wine vinegar (or white wine) and maybe half a chicken stock cube.
    Loire wrote: »
    Very handy for a thai curry:

Fry 2 spoons of curry paste (I use thai red) in a put for 2 mins - jar or make your own
    Add chicken stock (100ml)
    Add a tin of coconut milk
    Add chopped green beans / whole mangetout
    cook for 5 mins
    Add in cooked chicken (cubes)
    Cook for another minute/2 mins and serve with rice

Cheers, that sounds very nice, I love a good curry! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Oxtail stewed with tomatoes, red wine, garlic and herbs with polenta and rocket.

and what remained of the bones!!:D

Looks like you ate the pattern off the plate too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

bluecats wrote: »
    That dinner looks so tasty it has me drooling at the desk here...

any chance you'd tell me the recipe or where it's from, i'd love to try and make it??

Thanks
    nat

Of course. You can buy the Wagamama sauce in jars in Tesco. Their recipe is also in their cookbook.

I can't remember the exact quantities but my version went something like this.

2 red peppers, chopped
    2 red chillies, chopped (add as many as you like)
    A thumb-sized piece of ginger, chopped
    4 spring onions, chopped
    2 cloves of garlic, chopped
    1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
    About 250ml stock/ water
    Juice of 1 lime
    2 tbsp fish sauce
    Sunflower oil

Heat the sunflower oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli. Cook for just a minute before adding the red pepper and spring onion. Fry for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.

Add the stock, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add to a food processor and puree until you have a smooth sauce. You could use a hand-blender too.

Stir-fry you chosen meat and veg before adding the sauce and stirring through. Mix through some cooked noodles and serve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Chilli beef with brown rice, it was devoured before the camera could be found :)

Hickory smoked chicken in khoubz with salads, homous and hot sauce.

Dinner from the other night. Leftover roast pork turned into a stir-fry.

Pork with pak choi, red pepper, lemongrass and black bean sauce.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12844

Served with sesame noodles

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=12845

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Pan-fried Cod with a mustard sauce, steamed green beans, and, because I was lazy - microwaveable rice. Fridge to table in 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Flemish beef stew with potato & carrot mash

wbv51i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

The food photo arms race is escalating!

Lovin' it!

:D

Flemish beef stew with potato & carrot mash

That looks delicious - What beer did you use?

Funny you should ask that. None ! :D
    Didn't have any in the house,. Used a bit more beef stock, but it just isn't the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

made a thai coconut curry with butternut squash, sweet potato and chickpeas. Divine. Leftovers for today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Made a red thai chicken curry last night for everyone and also paprika chicken with roasted peppers and green beans for myself!

curry.jpg

dinner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

that looks so yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

Got some great ideas for the dinner now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

[shameless_plug]

Last night I had Zürcher Kalb Geschnetzeltes (Sliced veal cooked in the Zürich-style). Recipe is here in The Cooking Club. :)

[/shameless_plug]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Tonight we had seafood & chorizo risotto.

71e24164.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

King prawn rendang with basmati and garlic/coriander naan. Man that was tasty!

Chicken Pie with homegrown chickens (well,cockerels really), broccoli, carrots and fennel (yes, I still had fennel), new spuds.

2drhowh.jpg

smg5ed.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Chicken Pie with homegrown chickens (well,cockerels really), broccoli, carrots and fennel (yes, I still had fennel), new spuds.

G]

OMG that looks amazing!!! So hungry right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

I love the crab and crayfish platter the serve in Blue Bar in Skerries so I tried to recreate it at home. Turned out lovely served with some toast and a pea and rocket salad. Yum :D

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=12907

Took this recipe http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2121663/cheesy-bean-and-sweetcorn-cakes-with-quick-salsa and didn't stick to it, as per usual :D
    6id5y1.jpg

...and then one of the cats appeared. "I'm not interested in your veggie burgers, missus"
    nnkw9g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Tonight I made Piri Piri chicken served with a sweet potato, feta and chili mash. Very happy with how it turned out!

Dinner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Tonight I made Piri Piri chicken served with a sweet potato, feta and chili mash. Very happy with how it turned out

One of Jamies 30 minute meals? I love making the the mash from that recipe it is so tasty!

Fillet of bream on crab with fedelini pasta, garlic, lemon, parsley and chilli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Pork steak, baby new potatoes (loads of butter & pepper) & a tomato & radish salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Chicken breast with an O'Hara's cuirim sauce and veg. Lovely, and very little effort

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement