Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

Homemade steak kebabs. Didnt realise till it was too late that we didnt really have any salad, so it looks abit plain, but it was delicious.

Spicy tomato sauce on the bottom, spronions and red cabbage, then steak on the top and garlic mayo on the side.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o369/loveisdivine_photos/photo-5.jpg

Can I ask where you got/how you made the pitta bread?

Tonight, thanks to a discussion earlier on Today FM which got me hungry I've decided to make Shepherd's Pie using Gordon Ramsay's recipe (that is, assuming that website is legit!). In the oven now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Simple tonight. Fillet Steak and a baked potato.

20120621_191659.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

We had Indian vegetable curry with rice & chicken..
    Curry was very hot but lovely.

a58657bd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Risotto, loosely based on http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/12484/smoked+trout+risotto+with+caper+creme+fraiche

I added peas to it and changed ingredients quantities as I went along.
    It lacked depth.
    21l2046.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Gosh I am such a novice compared to other posts I,m going to give myself 1 year to try and up my standard i really would love to be a fabulous cook/chef whichever is the right term. This thread is the encouragement I need

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Spiced rack of lamb with minty sugar snap peas and potatoes. I should probably have left the lamb to marinade longer and it's probably a bit overcooked. Next time I might try it with lamb chops instead.

209838.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Wednesday night we had duck tournedos from this recipe by Stephane Reynaud. Last night was roast chicken pieces with sumac and aji amarillo chilli, a quinoa salad with asparagus, grilled halloumi and sugarsnap peas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

trackguy wrote: »
    I picked Roast Pork and Summer Cannellini Beans for the first cookalong and we all cooked it. It turned out really well!

Ooooh.... not overcooked roast pork - a rare and beautiful sight!!
    Risotto, loosely based on http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/12484/smoked+trout+risotto+with+caper+creme+fraiche

I added peas to it and changed ingredients quantities as I went along.
    It lacked depth.

Trackguy, I think there's a new contender on the block!!
    Mrs. Beer's attention is been taken away from you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Dónal wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got/how you made the pitta bread?

Its a sort of flat bread recipe. It uses milk instead of water. I use these quantities http://www.workingoutthedetails.com/recipe-turkish-flatbread/ then I just make a dough, leave to rest for an hour. Roll out into thin discs and fry in a non stick pan. Nice soft wraps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Went to the Market bar last night for vino and tapas. Ordered something new on the menu - a stuffed steak escalope. What was I thinking?! :eek: It was cheap steak, stuffed with cheese, wrapped in parma ham, dipped in breadcrumbs and fried. Blergh! Rank. Nobody else at the table even wanted to taste it. I took just one horrible bite. I did have some patatas bravas as consolation though. :)

I don't think I could touch the steak in there! The last time we went, my friend has to send the steak back and ordered something else. It was grey and yucky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I don't think I could touch the steak in there! The last time we went, my friend has to send the steak back and ordered something else. It was grey and yucky!

Pretty much everything else on the menu - salads, cheeses, meatballs, fish, chicken and chorizo skewers etc. - is super, but they just can't do steak!

Sorry Trackguy :p. Thank you Mrs. Beer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Striploin steak with roasted vine tomatoes, rocket, oven roasted wedges and red wine gravy. Yummy :D

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=13220

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Sorry Trackguy :p. Thank you Mrs. Beer. :D

I never thought she'd stray :( I'll have to win her back ;)

Chorizo & Chickpea Stew from a while ago

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=13221

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Quick and simple dinner tonight. Prawn curry and egg fried rice :) it was yum yum yum with enough left over for later!!! :D

Prawn_Curry.jpg

Fritters with sweetcorn, red pepper, homegrown courgette.
    Slaw from homegrown cucumber and homegrown spring cabbage.
    Sticky pork belly ribs.

8vvp5e.jpg
    35be6mb.jpg

Ice cream (not on photo) and homegown strawberries
    30nkvgj.jpg

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

La Chatte, Mrs Beer want to know where you live!!

Trackguy, I'm afraid that chick pea and chorizo stew isn't winning her back!

Last night the very lady in question cooked me dinner:

Free range minced pork (hard to see in pic), onions, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, preserved black beans, cabbage, soy, white wine (no sherry in the house), stock with a mix of wild and red cargo rice.
    Tasted amazing !

DSC01678rs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

smoked chicken thighs with oven roast wedges, home made BBQ sauce and slaw

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=13226

I've got a pot of Jewish Penicillin (aka chicken soup) on the hob. Think that'll be all I'll be having over the coming days. Fever and muscle/joint aches (aka flu). :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I made a chorizo/penne dish tonight, it's just a simple and basic dish.

I used 1/2 a red onion, 1 full white (green?) onion, garlic, spicy chorizo from Aldi, mushrooms and penne.

For the tomato sauce, I made it a few weeks ago and froze it, I had cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, passata, onion and garlic.

It was very tasty, although it was a wee bit spicy, not too much though.

Sorry for the crap pic, just managed to get it before the camera died.

2qa30n4.jpg

• Advertisement

Singapore noodles

210363.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Grilled hake, potatoes sauteed with rosemary and a spicy tomato & chorizo sauce

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=13241

• Registered Users Posts: 26 1Tony1

veggie tacos all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Guinness braised lamb shanks with rosemary potatoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Saturday: Frogs legs with garlic puree and parsley sauce.
    Sunday: Rack of lamb with asian chilli and mint sauce.
    Monday: Penne with prawns and vodka cream sauce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Pizza from the Cooking Club recipe. It was gorgeous! Topped with cheddar, emmental, mozzarella, onion, pepper and prosciutto. Served with baby potatoes coated in pesto.

5c2949eebfb811e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

Chicken wings

210465.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

A friends is leaving the country tonight after being here for a year so myself and my house mater had him over for dinner.

I'd said a few times while here that he loved hot wings so for a starter I made a big batch.

Did the classic Franks and butter sauce for the hot sauce but to cook the wings first I boiled them in some beer, had two cans of red ale so use that, seasoned with salt and pepper, brought it to the boil and then simmered for about 12 minutes.

Drained in a colinder and then patted them dry with kitchen paper and banged them in the over for 20mins at 200c turning half way.

Then I tossed with in 1/3 the sauce and bakc in for 5 mins, tossed them in 1/3 the sauce and back in for 5 mins and then at the end tossed them in the last 1/3 the sauce and served with a cheese dip.

They were epic.

House mate made a cream cheese, salmon and broccoli bake with garlic and herbs and some chillis and a nice salad to go with it.
    This was also yummy.

Good food night for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Twee. wrote: »
    Pizza from the Cooking Club recipe. It was gorgeous! Topped with cheddar, emmental, mozzarella, onion, pepper and prosciutto. Served with baby potatoes coated in pesto.

Pizza and potatoes?!! Only in Ireland :p:D

Cottage pie for me for the last two days using this recipe. Tasty stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Twee. wrote: »

Great looking pizza ! The potatoes leave me a bit baffled though :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement