Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Shredded chicken in a peanut mole. Served with green rice and a fresh salsa.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=13383

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

That's awesome looking, trackguy. What's in the green rice?

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    That's awesome looking, trackguy. What's in the green rice?

Thanks! It's a Thomasina Miers recipe.

From memory... You blitz up onion, garlic, coriander and spinach to a puree. You then fry the puree before adding the rice and then some stock (roughly double stock to rice) and cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Chicken and merguez tagine with pide (flatbread)-sort of.
    27xovue.jpg

14iz76q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Coddle cooking away on the hob, can't wait it look delish (I know some people won't agree :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Shredded chicken tacos

212594.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

A cheat's Chicken Rice, with five-spice roast chicken leg, steamed rice, crispy chilli and tofu, and cucumber slices.

009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Had to make something quick and big enough to feed 5 people, have a sausagey casserole thing in the oven. Bought tesco's finest Toulouse sausages and their finest pork and onion sausages, made an onion gravy and cooked a few carrots to add to it. Fried the sausages, put them in a baking dish, poured the onion/gravy, carrots mix on top, topped with mash potatoes and in the oven. If my brother complains "it's not up to his standards" I'll kill him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Homemade spicy turkey breast with homemade spicy potato wedges and some homemade spicy tomato sauce!

AxihF-kCAAMsLzk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

trackguy wrote: »
    Shredded chicken in a peanut mole. Served with green rice and a fresh salsa.

Yum! Do you have the chicken recipe by any chance?!

• Advertisement

LadyHeart wrote: »
    Yum! Do you have the chicken recipe by any chance?!

Sure. I'll add in the exact quantities later.

Poach a whole chicken in plenty of water with some carrot, celery, onion, peppercorns, bouquet garni. Simmer very gently for about 20 minutes and then leave to cool in the stock.

Dry-toast 4 tomatoes, 1 onion cut into wedges and 6 unpeeled cloves of garlic in a large frying pan until charred. Peel the garlic cloves and add all the ingredients to a blender.

Take 2 dried ancho chillies and 4 dried chipotle chillies. Cut the stems off and remove the excess seeds. Cut them into strips and dry-toast in a similar fashion to the tomatoes. Add to the blender when they are smelling nice and smoky.

Add a little oil to the pan fry 200g(?) of peanuts until golden. Add these to the blender.

Finally, add 80g(?) raisins to the oil and fry until the plump up. Add these to the blender also. Add just a little of the chicken poaching stock to loosen the mixture.

Puree until quite smooth. Remove the chicken from the pot, reserving the stock. Pull the sin off the chicken and discard. Shred the flesh using your hands or a fork.

Return the puree to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat. Add a little more stock until you get the consistency you want. Season well. Finally add the shredded chicken and heat through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Last night was a Thai 'stew' made with quality paste, garlic, ginger, chillies, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, lime juice, fish sauce, chicken stock, shredded chicken, okra, baby egg plant & string beans & fresh corainder.

212874.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mashed up de skinned sausages, some black pudding and chopped tomato (which you need for moistness) in puff pastry

Sausageblackpuddingrole2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

IMG_20120712_182856.jpg

Salmon fillet with sundried tomato salsa, a spinach, chorizo and garlic mash potato and grilled aubergines.

Flatbread, stuffed with all sorts.

2vkcnis.jpg

28ujsls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Baked seabass with egg fried rice and veg done in a sweet tomato & basil sauce.

acd6a59c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Loopy - that fish looks perfectly cooked! Yum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

dinner last night was homemade wholegrain pizza (used a wholegrain crusty bread mix from tescos and mixed and kneaded in a bread maker) topped said pizza with....sweetchilli and lime chicken, roasted mixed peppers, red onion, portobello mushrooms, courgette, green olives spinach and mozerella!! oh and used pasatta as the base!!
    IMG_0189.JPG

served with a homegrown mixed leave salad with roasted peppers green olives and sweetcornans used the oil from the peppers mixed with some balsamic as the dressing
    IMG_0190.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Salad of lettuce, rocket and mustard leaves (all homegrown), cherry tomatoes and cucumber with black pudding, crushed roast new potatoes and fried eating apple.

DSC01688rs.jpg

My brother and his family and my mum came for dinner.

Made a stack of beer battered cod and chips (a la Haston Blumenthal - http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/heston-blumenthal/triple-cooked-chips-recipe ). Must say that for the amount of chips I made it is just too much work (5 kg potatoes :o, yes I have some chip left overs). Next time for that quantity, I'll do what I always do, fry twice.

mc861e.jpg

And homemade tartare sauce
    30i88q1.jpg

Also had minted peas, but that pic didn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

559182_10151357480699657_1587627832_n.jpg

Made my first ever veg curry last week (Jamie Oliver 30 minute recipe). Was a little worried about taste seeing as it was veg heavy and there was no meat. I had no cause to worry though as it came out pretty darn tasty.

Onion, butternut squash, garlic, cauliflower, korma paste, chickpeas, chilli, spinach, coriander, juice of half a lemon, whole pack of spinach leaves and natural yogurt.

It was delicious but a little too citrus-y. A little refinement will make it all the better second time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

This afternoon I had a Pizza-Pizza flavoured tofu fillet, fried with a tomato and baby leaf salad.

TGI's for dinner later to balance out the meatlessnes of lunch.

This afternoon I had a Pizza-Pizza flavoured tofu fillet, fried with a tomato and baby leaf salad.

TGI's for dinner later to balance out the meatlessnes of lunch.

Bratwurst, tomato pinto bean stew, roast potatoes from yesterday.

DSC01751rs.jpg

Salade Liègeoise. Warm salad from potatoes, french beans, lardons, onion, vinegar...

dgsyd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

I had Toulouse sausages and butter beans, not sure where I got that idea from.

213500.jpg

(Gas)BBQed chicken thighs with homemade BBQ sauce, tomato bean stew and salad.
    Twas silly tasty:D

DSC01752rs.jpg

No pics from last night. I had a Pie Minister Chicken of Aragon Pie with homemade potato wedges.

I don't normally buy ready meals but for Pie Minister I'll make an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Nowt special, but damn tasty.
    Chicken stuffed with pesto, smoked cheese & onion with garlic spuds, asparagus in a bath of butter & sweet tattys....

6d713a23.jpg

• Advertisement

Now, please believe me when I say that this was very tasty.

Fillet of pork, panfried with thyme and sage, apples. Deglaced the pan with madeira and a little chicken stock. Added some cream cheese, stir in cooked pasta... et voilà.

95pjr9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement