Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I had pea and feta frittata with roast cumin-ish carrots. I grated Jarlsberg onto the top of the frittata before I put it under the grill. Gave it a lovely golden colour. Absolutely yum. A new recipe which I'll definitely be repeating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Dinner tonight was chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Tonight I had Lamb Roganjosh from Bombay Pantry, was pretty average tbh especially for the price. Must try Curry Addict's recipes soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Chicken with stir fried noodles and sriracha chilli sauce . I marinated the boneless chicken thighs in dried chilli, tamarind paste, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce for an hour, then grilled until golden. Stir-fried broccoli, sugar snap peas and spring onions with some beanshoots. Tossed in the sliced chicken and some egg noodles and add a few squeezes of the chilli sauce with crushed peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Roast Chicken with roasted baby carrots, parsnips, and potatoes

For veg I had broccoli and peas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Thai red prawn curry with jasmine rice. Unfortunately I couldn't get any coriander

http://www.imgur.com/gEVsy.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lamb burgers again. Same toppings as last time: hummus, rocket, olives, red jalapeños on ciabatta.

rs_9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

^^^^^^^

Mother of god! *droooools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

My very late afternoon snack. All veg from the garden.
    257jaeu.jpg

My dinner :o Courgette and mushroom baps with rocket and merguez sausage.

35c367d.jpg

I also made this courgette and mushroom bread, but it needs a lot of tweeking. Recipe from BBC Good Food website.
    2gwbyc2.jpg

Nasi goreng made with a jar of paste. It had a load of added flavours - chilli, garlic, spring onion etc and while it was tasty it seemed to lack something. I'd had plenty to eat but kept wanting more food as if to satisfy a need for more flavour rather than and hunger pang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Last night's dinner was toast and liverwurst. The night before was flash fried prawns in chili and garlic, tossed through spaghetti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I did a chickpea, chicken and chriozo stew. Nice but it got a bit overcook so the chicken was slightly dry. Served with some mash potao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not sure what to cook tonight.
    I have 1lb of lean minced beef in the fridge and all the usual cupboard essentials (tinned tomatoes, dried herbs, mustard, eggs, balsamic vinegar, spuds, etc)
    I usually make meatballs and spaghetti but would like to try something new.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

fussyonion wrote: »
    I have 1lb of lean minced beef in the fridge and all the usual cupboard essentials (tinned tomatoes, dried herbs, mustard, eggs, balsamic vinegar, spuds, etc)
    Any ideas?

Meat loaf? Or minced beef Wellington? Or you can't go wrong with a big ass cottage pie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

fussyonion wrote: »
    Any ideas?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022762

The tastiest dinner I've had in a while, warming the cockles of me heart.
    Tagine with some (again) merguez sausages. Yum.

of4npi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Striploin steak, home made chips and spinach.

Haagan Dazs chocolate pots.

Dinner was supposed to be a treat - a collection of pierce and ping meals to make a curry night and leave me free from cooking. Sadly it was mediocre at best because no matter where you get pierce and ping meals from, they are still largely awful.

My weekend treat : carbs !
    2 corn tortillas with lettuce, chicken, onions, peppers, cucumber, homemade salsa cruda and just a tiny spoon of sour cream.

11in66h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

1346526838741.jpg

Tomorrow's lunch, Beef and Smithwick's Stew.

Very temped to eat it now but I've already had pasta and it'll make a nice surprise when girlfriend comes back up to Dublin tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

hardCopy, that stew looks delicious!
    Any chance you could post up the recipe for us? I'd love to try and make it during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

hardCopy, that stew looks delicious!
    Any chance you could post up the recipe for us? I'd love to try and make it during the week.

Thanks,

http://m.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/beef-ale-stew-1

I didn't have any bay leaves so added some fresh Rosemary, I also swapped one of the onions for a parsnip.

I made it before with a turnip thrown in which was lovely, but last time I cooked it in the oven and it kept drying out, this time I simmered on the hob and was able to keep it moist.

Apparently it's due to hit 23 degrees tomorrow so it may not be entirely appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Cheers, thanks for that! I'll give it a try later on in the week, and post photos etc. afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

sliced a chicken breast into four thin pieces (across, not down). Seasoned and pan fried, served with mashed potato and sweetcorn. Simple but very satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Last night was chick pea curry with basmati rice.

Night before was sprat, fresh from the sea, mash and peas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

hardCopy wrote: »
    Thanks,

http://m.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/beef-ale-stew-1

I didn't have any bay leaves so added some fresh Rosemary, I also swapped one of the onions for a parsnip.

I made it before with a turnip thrown in which was lovely, but last time I cooked it in the oven and it kept drying out, this time I simmered on the hob and was able to keep it moist.

Apparently it's due to hit 23 degrees tomorrow so it may not be entirely appropriate

You should try throwing in a Celery Root if you can get one, gives a lovely flavour to the stew. Just take it out at the end before serving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Overflow wrote: »
    You should try throwing in a Celery Root if you can get one, gives a lovely flavour to the stew. Just take it out at the end before serving.

As in Celeriac? why take it out? It's a beautiful root veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thursday I had some pals over for a beef vindaloo (my own b@stardised recipe). Loo rolls in the freezer for Friday morning!

Friday was was pizza night (shop-bought, but hand-made proscuitto y funghi).

Last night was grilled chicked fillet with baby spuds & a salad of cucumber, scallion & tomato dressed in red wine vinegar & white pepper.

Tonight might a 'dirty great kebab night'. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had guests for dinner so I cooked a leg of lamb with garlic & rosemary, roast crushed baby potatoes, ratatouille and carrot/pea/corn mixed veg. We had an Avoca blackberry and apple crumble (brought by the guests) for dessert.

Tonight we're having ribeye steaks with chips, fried onions and mushrooms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement