Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Shepard's Pie for us tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Chicken noodle soup, the base was fresh chicken stock we made from yesterday's roast chicken bones. Bloody lovely on a cold night like tonight.

chickennoodlesoup.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Tonight we had panko breaded chicken strips in wraps with guacamole, tomato & cucumber, salad leaves, hot sauces and creme fraiche. Well worth the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thai red curry this evening, one of my favourites :)

amgpy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

2z7euch.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Been away alot lately and missed cooking and home cooked food. Was good to cook last night.
    Chicken Korma with saffron and coriander leaf, basmati rice, chicken fat fried butternut squash.

rs_22.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Atlantic cod in a light breadcrumb served with asian infused noodles.

JeZW.jpeg

Anyone wrote: »
    Atlantic cod in a light breadcrumb served with asian infused noodles.

AKA fishfingers and super/pot noodles ?
    ;)

;)

Lol, I was thinking to myself how proud Captain Birdseye would be. :D They look nyum, has made me want to go out and get some Anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Can't beat a fishfinger sandwich every once in a while. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

;)

Koka noodles! Only the best :P
    Merkin wrote: »
    Lol, I was thinking to myself how proud Captain Birdseye would be. :D They look nyum, has made me want to go out and get some Anyone!

I usually cook something decent, but that night I just thought "feck it, I cba" and they were tasty. I did have a good laugh though when I saw it, hence the photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Made a quick early dinner with what was in the fridge and was impressed it turned out semi decent.

Chicken breast chopped into pieces cooked off in a pan.
    Remove chicken and cook off onion and garlic, add a large dash of milk, a large dollop of pesto, salt, pepper, a little mustard and coriander :o
    Warm gently and combine and let it reduce slightly while adding the chicken and a sprinkle of parmesan back in to get hot.
    Poured over cooked brown fusilli (or 'twirls' to you and me).

Honestly it was alot tastier then the normal 'throw it together' pork/chicken with steamed potato and mountain of veg and it took about half the time to come together. Not bad.

I was going to add a beaten egg white onto the cooked pasta with the sauce (I think in the style of carbonara) but felt it was tasting good and didn't want to risk scrambling the egg.

Tonight we had chips, spinach, steak and diane sauce.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gordon-ramsay-cookalong-live/articles/how-to-make-steak-diane-sauce

The alcohol wouldn't take light so we ended up just simmering/cooking the sauce, it wasn't for me at all, I much prefer pepper sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Pan-fried duck with orange sauce (juice & zest of an orange, red wine, chicken stock), caramelised onions and potatoes (cooked in goose fat).

Bought a halogen oven in Dunness last weekend so really getting my cook on. First time I tried to cook duck, very pleased with the results.

duck.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

AsianDub wrote: »
    Thai spiced phily prawns

Anychance of a recipe for this one, looks fantastic!

Had a dinner party last night so didn't take pictures as was too busy! Had home smoked (and caught!) mackeral pate with homemade poppyseed bread for starters. Then a beef bourgignon with mash and green beans for main. For desert had my lemon cheesecake and I made a raspberry coulis to go with it. Really happy about how the food turned out although not so happy about the nine bottles of wine we polished off between four of us.....my POOR unfortunate head :eek:

Steak, mashed spuds, peas, carrots, broccoli, gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Havig had an extremely stressful week (and it still is now) with a very sick dog :( I've been falling off and crawling back on the waggon a few times.

Cauliflower 'rice' with quorn stuffed pepper and a mushroom and tomato sauce.

ok8z9j.jpg

A salad and spicy prawns

66jfxh.jpg

Today's dinner : Chicken Bourguinon-esq and celeriac mash. Very good it was.

2hwzedk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am having roast buffalo meat, roast potatoes and roast veg. I haver never cooked with buffalo meat before but treating it like beef and cooking it rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Steak, green beans, carrots, mashed potato and excellent scallops with chorizo--- oh I'm sickly full, didn't even think of a photo! Mother dear I love you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We had homemade pies; the filling was chicken, mushroom, leek and white wine. Recipe to follow in the cooking club at end of November!

Bangers and mash, carrots, baby broad beans and very complicated home made gravy (I had time on my hands - twas nice, though:D).
    Oh, and a dollop of Dijon mustard.

rs_23.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Excellent laksa last night - bought a paste from Mr Ding at the Erskineville Markets in Sydney last weekend. Far better than supermarket pastes. Could hardly believe the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is snowy & ffffffreezing here at the mo. I decided to make a beef stew last night & decided to throw in a half-dozen ox-bones that I had spotted in the butchers.

My God when I had the stew this evening it was fab. The big blobs of marrow were delicious & gave great flavours to the whole stew.

Give it a shot folks!

It is snowy & ffffffreezing here at the mo. I decided to make a beef stew last night & decided to throw in a half-dozen ox-bones that I had spotted in the butchers.

My God when I had the stew this evening it was fab. The big blobs of marrow were delicious & gave great flavours to the whole stew.

Give it a shot folks!

Will do. I found a butcher that sells marrow bones cut long ways rather than cross cut. What else did you put in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Spicy turkey with lots of chopped coriander & salsa verde, cheese laced spinach with yet more salsa verde & really good guacamole because I got the worlds nicest, most perfectly ripe avocado today. Almost a pity to have eaten it instead of put it on a shrine

Cous cous warm salad with chilli, mint, feta, hazelnuts, dried cranberries, shallots and tomatoes. Rack lamb cooked with a little ras-al-hanout spice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

:eek:
    Minder wrote: »
    Will do. I found a butcher that sells marrow bones cut long ways rather than cross cut. What else did you put in it?

I browned the stewing steak & set aside. Sweat some onions, carrots & celery with some minced garlic, thyme & a couple of bay leaves. Chucked the beef back in with the bones, a tin of lager & 2 Oxo cubes. The a squirt of tomato purée, some black & white pepper, & a good splash of Worcestershire sauce.

The juice was a bit thin so I crumbled in a handful of porridge oats (no flour to hand) left to simmer for a couple of hours. Left it overnight & warmed it up this evening. The bones were clean & I found the blobs of marrow throughout the stew & the juice had thickened up nicely thanks to the oats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not my work but a fiver's worth of Sushi(Vancouver) I'm addicted to this stuff atm.

utj7sl.jpg

• Advertisement

I am going to make Shepard's Pie for dinner tonight, I really can't wait, it's just perfect for this cold, frosty, wintry day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement