Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

We had a Mexican feast on Saturday;
    • 2 Type Nachos and dips (back of the photo - these were in small individual pots for dipping and were layered with salsa, refried beans, guacamole, cheese)
    • Mexican chicken quesadillas with red cheddar
    • Tacos with spicy mince, apple, tomatoe, guacamole and cheese
    • Taco beds with refried beans, mince, red onion, lettuce, sour cream
    All washed down with some bottles of Sol and a tequila or two!

mexicanfeast.jpg

Last night I had oven cooked sea bass with lemon, cracked pepper and butter. I made a bistro leaves salad with black olives, beetroot, raisins and lemon juice. I experimented with some button mushrooms that I had leftover so I quartered and tossed them in a bit of olive oil, lots of paprika and hot sauce and left these in the oven with the fish. They were delicious, crispy and spicy!

seabass.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Monday night we had a really nice fish pie, made with cod, salmon, smoked haddock and big juicy prawns. The fish was poached, and the poaching milk was then used to make a velvety béchamel sauce which smothered the fish and some petit pois. Topped with smooth and creamy mashed potatoes (added an egg yolk to the mash for the first time), and baked in the oven for 30 minutes. Served with a light salad.

Last night, we had slow-cooked pulled pork (sadly over-poweringly flavoured for me :(), sweet potato chips, pork crackling and coleslaw. Followed by a pile of Hallowe'en chocolate \o/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Tuesday's fast day meal.
    Merguez sausages, chicory salad and caraway cauliflower (my potatoes ;) )

34eahaw.jpg

Last night I roasted a sirloin roast. It was like butter, so tender. Made oven chips from celeriac and yes, potato.
    Blood sugar levels have dropped favourably, so every now and then I can have a potato :p

34h7760.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

These arent recent but, a few weeks back we had a chinese type night, made some lovely rice paper rolls. We had them with dim sum and beef skewers.

F6B9A454-2430-4440-AF99-79D3AE351E15-20654-0000147E0346CDC9.jpg

The other night was butternut squash risotto and chorizo.

25567ED0-6862-4725-B9CA-FF14F1BF4E4A-20654-0000147DFAAE408C.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Went to Paulies Pizza last night and had a Super Picante which is spicy salami, fresh chilli, red peppers, rocket, tomato & smoked mozzarella.....heaven!

ic76sy.jpg

• Advertisement

I watched Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals yesterday http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/duck-recipes/crispy-duck-hoi-sin-lettuce-parcels
    and it inspired me, so I made something different as I had run out of most of the required ingredients ;)
    I used leftover sirloin roast instead of duck. Used courgette ribbons instead of rice noodles ......
    a9qfm.jpg

o5xlzs.jpg

Never mind, that's what recipes are all about, inspiration and it was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The other night was butternut squash risotto and chorizo.

Could I get the recipe? Looks amazing!

We had a particularly tasty cottage pie made with celeriac and swede mash - will be having the left overs tomorrow, yum

Merkin wrote: »
    Went to Paulies Pizza last night and had a Super Picante which is spicy salami, fresh chilli, red peppers, rocket, tomato & smoked mozzarella.....heaven!

My favourite pizza place and that's my favourite pizza there, its so good!!

Last night I had oven cooked paprika sea bass with couscous (soaked in sweet chilli sauce and cumin and I added raisins, mushrooms and hot sauce!) and a mixed salad with lemon dressing.

seacouscous.jpg

Not food related but the weather is so nice today here's a pic of Sandymount Strand this morning! Happy Friday everyone!

sandymount.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Shepherd's cottage pie*
    With a lovely White Gypsy Russian Imperial Stout (more like a strong, dry, Irish stout to my taste but very, very good).

rs_24.jpg

rs1_2.jpg

* Not cottage pie cause it was made with lamb.
    Not shepherd's pie cause it was made with fresh mince rather than roast lamb or mutton, ground up.

I'm eating quite a lot of summery simple dinners at the moment, lots of meat/fish and salad. Think I'll have to make a stew tonight though as it is getting colder and colder!

Saturday night I had a peppered sirloin steak (rare) with a fried egg and a salad with pickles, avocado, beetroot and kidney beans.

steak.jpg

Sunday brunch @ Juniors, I had Mexican baked eggs with guacamole, feta cheese, corriander and grilled tortilla. It was delicious!!

bakedeggs.jpg

then Last night I made a bacon and avocado 3 egg omlette and a cuppa tea!

omlette.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I had a very hungry sunday:

Breakfast of Champions:
    8Bv8ul.jpg

Followed by lunch of home made sausages, sorry no pic of them cooked, they didn't last too long!:
    CFo7gl.jpg

Goose for dinner, followed by a ridiculous amount of trifle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night I made pizzas - and I even remembered to take a photo :)
    [URL="[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2195ri8.jpg[/IMG]"]2195ri8.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That looks like a pizza you'd get in a restaurant! NOM NOM!:pac:

Looks delicious!! Thanks for posting right before lunch *Stomach rumbles*

Lightly grilled lamb chops and a bowl of Dahl.

rs_25.jpg

Oh my word ! ^^
    I am so friggin jealous.
    Haven't had lentils and consorts in yonks and I love them so so much.:(

Oh my word ! ^^
    I am so friggin jealous.
    Haven't had lentils and consorts in yonks and I love them so so much.:(

I'd seriously question a diet that doesn't allow you to eat lentils!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Guill wrote: »
    I had a very hungry sunday:

Breakfast of Champions:
    http://i.imgur.com/8Bv8ul.jpg

Followed by lunch of home made sausages, sorry no pic of them cooked, they didn't last too long!:
    http://i.imgur.com/CFo7gl.jpg

Goose for dinner, followed by a ridiculous amount of trifle.

Copious amounts of pork product served on a Peppa Pig plate. Love it!

I'd seriously question a diet that doesn't allow you to eat lentils!!:eek:

It's only temporary, until blood sugar levels have gone way down. It's the carbs, you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm trying low carb myself for a while, which is a bit of a pain, because I really hate salads and love my carbs!! Veg is good though. Tonight was cajun spiced pork chops with cauliflower mash/puree.

PorkCauliflower.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sirloin steak with creamed spinach (favourite winter vegetable) & what was supposed to be a soft fried egg but ended up being a blackened egg wedge. Ate it anyways. Don't think you'll be seeing 'black, crispy, rock solid egg wedge' on the menu in fancy restaurants anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night we had coq au vin with heaps of mashed potato. Tonight was baked spuds with beans and ragu sauce topped with cheddar and baked until gooey and golden. Dessert was toasted marshmallows around the chiminea in the garden.

Lamb chops again, sausages, little bit of dahl and a load of slaw made from Jerusalem artichoke, carrot, onion, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, honey.

rs_26.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Tonight I had some quinoa with chorizo and roasted butternut squash, it was lovely and simple. Trying to introduce more different types of carbs into my diet instead of just having spaghetti/rice/potatoes all the time. Have a big batch of couscous for tomorrow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

On Saturtday we had roast pork shoulder with mashed spuds and peas.

Sunday we had roast lamb with veg/spuds.

Tonight we had chips and burgers :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Some cajun style thin cut stake, flash fried with some pepper and mushroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Saturday night I made a chilli/honey/ginger beef stir fry with pak choi, bamboo shoots & scallions.

I had quite a bit left over, so turned the remainder into a spicy beef broth this evening.

Last night, I went out for dinner after a 4-hour tortuous hike in The Alps with some pals, & treated myself to kick-ass entrecôte & chips with herby butter & a few glasses of a spicy Cornalin.

Last night I ended making that comfort stew that I was in need of!

There were lots of ingredients; Chorizo, beef mince, onion, butternut squash, red bell pepper, kidney beans, butter beans and carrots.

The sauce was made with 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, a squirt of puree, sea salt, cracked pepper, louisianna hot sauce, inferno chilli sauce, worcestershire sauce, paprika, chilli flakes, garlic and a tiny bit of sugar.
    Chorizostew.jpg

I had a brown seed roll for dipping, it warmed me right up!

chorizoandbread.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight we will be having a beef and Guinness pie with mashed potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

We had Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon.

71F8C4B5-D893-49D7-9875-7C8674B81778-2331-000003DA7F2F05DE.jpg

Burnt my gob it was so hot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement