Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Had a really nice fried rice dish with prawns, tomatoes, chipotles, loads of garlic, lemon juice & peas. However to get to the garlic for this I had to dig down underneath the top layer in my vegetable bowl. THE HORROR. Sprouting garlic, things that may have been limes, witches nose carrots & this fella
    BBD611A5-EEB2-4DA5-BBC2-89DE5674C00F-6811-0000064D3C616F0E.jpg

So I guess I'm the proud mother of a reindeer potato now. I shall call him Ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

You must be so proud! I can see the family resemblance, congratulations!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

He'd definitely be the king of potatoes with that head gear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Congratulations MissFlitworth !!!

Must say your posts on here always give me the giggles. You're one funny lady. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks MissFlitworth - it's always nice to know you're not the only one with ganky forgotten veggies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pan fried lamb chops with rosemary; baked potatoes; Jerusalem artichoke, carrot, apple and beetroot slaw; crushed frozen peas, roast garlic.

DSC02028.jpg

Last night's fast day meal.
    Shop bought vegetable patties and a salad of mixed leaves, chicory, tomatoes and a yoghurt dressing.

23vi1xt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

crushed frozen peas.

Looks great but this may be a florid description too far - they're just peas. :o:P

Looks great but this may be a florid description too far - they're just peas. :o:P

Can I specify if potatoes are mashed?
    Same thing.
    I hate florid descriptions myself but I do like to accurately describe my food - if the peas are crushed, I'll say it. If they are tinned/fresh/frozen, I'll say it too.

Tonight, Buffalo wings, the baked potatoes from last night stuffed with bacon, cheese and red onion and last nights slaw.
    Battery was dead in my camera so I had to use my phone:(

2012_11_21_193242.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Pretty much the same as last night's dinner as I had to use up the salmon!

Salmon oven cooked with cracked pepper, paprika and soy sauce

Brown rice with red pepper, mushrooms (from the oven) and sweet chilli sauce

Salad with spring onions, black olives, green jalapeño sauce

AEA7DF29-B9A9-47F0-9597-15587BDF4397-21243-0000177FD75F5CDC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Tonight was thinly sliced beef, stir fried with ****aki mushrooms, beansprouts, brocolli, chilli and garlic

Edit: Apparently the boards swear filter doesn't like sh/taki mushrooms :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Can I specify if potatoes are mashed?
    Same thing.
    I hate florid descriptions myself but I do like to accurately describe my food - if the peas are crushed, I'll say it. If they are tinned/fresh/frozen, I'll say it too.

With mashed potatoes, you're adding other ingredients, it's not just a description of what's been done to them, the other ingredients MAKE them. Those are just peas, and don't look particularly crushed, cooked frozen peas go like that pretty much anyway. Have a sense of humour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Give it a rest.

tHB

MarkMc wrote: »
    Tonight was thinly sliced beef, stir fried with ****aki mushrooms, beansprouts, brocolli, chilli and garlic

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

:D:D:D

Thread is happy again. Yippee!!!!

MarkMc wrote: »

That's what you get for being vulgar & not using the polite word for them, pootaki mushrooms :)

Dinner tonight will be chicken baked in a creamy sauce with bacon on either rice or pasta depending on what's in the press. Really hope I have either rice or pasta because the only other thing I know for definite is out there is dried cannellini beans

Tonight's fast day meal (about 400 calories) It was yumyum.

Saltimbocca alla Romana, cauliflower mash and a salad of French beans, artichoke hearts, spring onion, pear and a dressing with yoghurt and roquefort cheese.

I'm back on track after a few wobbles over the last weeks.
    sljhft.jpg

scuse the photo quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Mustard salmon with celeriac and pea mash.

2evdmbm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I stuffed some ripe figs with mozarella pearls and wrapped in parma - baked for just ten mins, absolutely delish 3585apz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

That's what you get for being vulgar & not using the polite word for them, pootaki mushrooms

Pootaki.
    :D
    I'm finding myself laughing like Dr Hibbert of The Simpsons.

Merkin wrote: »
    I stuffed some ripe figs with mozarella pearls and wrapped in parma - baked for just ten mins, absolutely delish

That looks like a picture !
    My absolute fav fruits, are figs.

When I lived in France, my mum and I went fig picking at a neighbour/friend. One in the basket, three in the mouth. Never ate that many figs in one sitting ever. Still warm from the sun. Whoa !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Chicken marengo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I love them too LCG, they were literally ready to burst open, so juicy and tasty! I used a lovely aged Spanish balsamic to drizzle over the top and it just complemented them perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

For those of you with sensitive stomachs, look away now!
    Pity you can't spoiler a pic.

So bad but so finger licking good!!
    KFC tonight.

1AFA5DA4-076A-4ECE-8512-60DD63A92BA8-5523-000004329C15185A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Tuesday night we had butternut squash risotto with crispy fired sage leaves. I made a double quantity of white risotto and kept one half of the next dinner. So last night we had arancini. Balls of risotto rice stuffed with a little bolognase sauce and a small piece of talaggio cheese, then panied and deep fried until crispy and golden. We had that with a green salad with artichoke hearts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tonight, Buffalo wings, the baked potatoes from last night stuffed with bacon, cheese and red onion and last nights slaw.
    Battery was dead in my camera so I had to use my phone:(

<pic snip>

Weird... I have buffalo wings and a baked spud for dinner last night too...

:eek:

Mine was in a bar in Galway though, asked for extra sauce and the bowl they came in had about an inch of franks in the bottom of it, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Honey & mustard glazed ham with stuffing, onion gravy and herby, scalliony mash. Forgot to take a pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

What are figs? or what are they like?!

Tonight, had Dizzyblondes pork chop (from this post). Would recommend the marinade, very tasty. Had that with baked potato, carrots and asparagus cooked with a quick blast on the pan.

• Advertisement

A beautiful ribeye with bearnaise, garlic mushroom, watercress & great frites. My partner had a [can't remember the cut] 45 day aged Moiled moo cow steak with marrow butter & the same great frites. His was amazing, luckily he liked my bearnaise a lot so we were able to negotiate an exchange and everyone went home happy & no one got stabbed in the hand with a steak knife for attempted theft

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement