Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Half a frozen pizza and a bag of Starmix. Ah, exam time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Pan fried supreme of Guinea fowl, wilted spinach, baby carrots, baby courgette cooked on the griddle, roasted parsnip chips, pomme puree and a madeira gravy.

Frightfully pawsh. My sister brought me some kebabs from the butcher-chicken and peppers. I have never eaten a kebab before but they were yummy anyway. These ones had a marinade on them, which I have seen in the butchers display. I always refused to buy them as I imagined they must be on the point of going "off", and then slathered with sauce so that unsuspecting customers like my sister would buy them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had beef bourguignon with duchesse potatoes today followed by Nigella's 7 minute chocolate pudding, which is cooked in the microwave. It was actually quite nice!

Nice change from the week of pre-exam fast food.

Frightfully pawsh.

Chicken, veg and mash is posh?:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you wanted to be posh then this:
    Pan fried supreme of Guinea fowl, wilted spinach, baby carrots, baby courgette cooked on the griddle, roasted parsnip chips, pomme puree and a madeira gravy.

...should have been:

Pan kissed supreme of guinea fowl on a bed of wilted spinach, served with a delightful medley of griddle-scorched baby vegetables, roasted root vegetables, pomme puree and a succulent madeira sauce.

Rack of lamb with saffron potatoes, griddled baby courgettes and asparagus, wilted spinach and a port and red currant sauce.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Striploin steak with boiled baby potatoes and a big salad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

John Dory fillets in a light beer batter with chips 'n peas.

Chinese takeaway. Which is a huge deal, considering we have to get it from the town 12kms away.

• Advertisement

Jerk chicken, rice with beans.

Roast Chicken, celery in a white sauce, baby asparagus, curried parsnip & roasties.

Cooked a chicken pie for us to have for lunch this week.

Then we had Chinese spiced ribs from our local butcher with homemade oven chips, followed by strawberries and cream.

Oh how I love strawberries!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

A salad lovingly prepared by my other half :) he said it was cause of the hot weather, but I know he just can't cook lol... Twas a lovely salad though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chiempi

Podani chicken with basmati rice from Kumar's Taste of Asia.... absolutely gorgeous! Was supposed to have slow-cooked pork shoulder with pommes dauphinoise but thanks to the lovely lovely weather, we ended up down the river with cans and nary a likelihood of getting home capable of appreciating anything more than takeaways. Fortunately, using the slow cooker, marvellous machine that it is, meant I just turned it off when we got in, will flip it back onto low tonight and the flavours will probably be improved, and the potatoes were already made and just going to be reheated anyway (they're better second day!).

Mushroom risotto with a drizzle of truffle oil over the top and a big fluffy pile of grated parmaesan. Glass or two of chilled Viognier.

Coq au vin served with fresh bread and the remains of the Pinot Noir it was cooking in. Smells so good this morning. Going to have some for my lunch I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tagliatelle in a creamy garlic sauce, with mushrooms and ham and parmesan sprinkled on top.

I'd the exact same as Faith actually.

The food & drink mods have a hive mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

sweet and sour chicken and fried rice.
    it was brown rice though, and not as tasty. should have used more egg.

Saturday, steak and kidney hotpot. Sunday, porterhouse steak done on the barbecue with salad and crusty bread. Tonight's roast chicken.

Over at my parent's this evening. My dad had cooked roast shoulder of lamb with rosemary, garlic and anchovies. Very tasty, the shoulder meat was pure lamby flavour. It was served with roasted spuds, roasted fennel (quite nice though the stalky bits were inedible), peas and yummy cabbage.

We had a house full for the weekend.
    Saturday - BBQ, burgers, pork chops with jerk paste, potato salad, roasted pepper salad, grilled aubergines and courgettes.

Saturday night - Pad Thai noodles with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.

Sunday - BBQ, lamb kebabs made from minced lamb and onion, chicken with cumin, paprika and salt, salads, Italian sausages.

As planned, roast chicken (with three heads of garlic), roast squash, mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese and carrot batons and brussels sprouts done in the steamer.

Tomorrow will be 'as above, microwaved'.

I had leftover thai green beef & prawn curry for lunch earlier on today, and I'm just after devouring some chicken fajitas with beansprouts, red peppers, mushrooms, garlic, salsa, rice and, well, wraps. So stuffed.

Whenever I log onto boards I always end up being horribly hungry mainly due to this poster, and tonight he influenced what I ate. I swear, one day I'll get my name changed to 'Medium rare fillet steak with pepper sauce' on here.

Chicken and mustard green soup. Thai green chicken curry with jasmine rice.

Monday night is fast dinner night so we had pasta with pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well my bbq is out of hibernation after two years!!

Last night was steak kebabs and jacket potatoes filled with cream cheese tomato and basil...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fresh mackerel (straight from Skerries harbour to the pot within an hour), poached in salt water & served with vinegar & white pepper.

Expecting crab claws for lunch today all going well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement