Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks a million! I actually bought a sweet potato at the weekend as I have never tried it so if I do like it then I will be making this in future :D

I'm sure you'll like it, they're very tasty!

I also chop sweet potatoes into wedge shapes and soak in some warm water for 20 mins then toss in oil and put them in the oven for about 20mins @180c to make sweet potato wedges. These are also delicious :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Chinese style duck breasts, stir fried cabbage and mash. Soooooo yummy, even though I'm stuffed I could eat it again!
    Ti7cb.jpeg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

hairyprincess, I've had to remove your picture as it was too big. You can repost it if you resize it :).

Faith wrote: »
    hairyprincess, I've had to remove your picture as it was too big. You can repost it if you resize it :).

Sorry about that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Lamb Shanks, Rioja, Rosemary and Mint Jus, mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas.
    And In typical man fashion, I have waaaaaaay too much Jus, which meant I had to mop it all up with a lovely lump of crusty bread!

Washed down with a bottle of Clothyworthy Dobbin from Whitewater Brewery.

Nomnomnomnom

15fj1o8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Hairyprincess and seaneh what i would give for that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Decided to go for some good old comfort food this evening; chicken, bacon and broccolli bake with sautéed potatoes.

Going to follow it up now with some home-made butterscotch and banana ice creams and some choccy sauce. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Had ginger chicken 'curry' with spinach pilaf rice...its was plate lickingly good!!!
    Almost forgot to take a picture before it was too late!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pork casserole with mash tonight - scoffed it before I thought to take a photo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Nigella's ham in coke. Yum.

• Advertisement

Made a really quick dinner as it is pretty late! Mini chicken fillets with sweet pepper, red chilli in a Thai red curry paste and natural yoghurt. I had this in a burger bap that was leftover. There was loads of chicken so I added to a rocket, tomato and pepper salad.
    3F0AE3AB-2F1C-4424-8B0F-00F96EEFD756-7891-000008CEDB38A713.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Had matar paneer, beetroot and potato salad (a bit random but had leftovers from last night). The matar paneer was really nice, even if someone "over browned" the paneer.

235527.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlueJohn

f18x4.jpg

First go at red thai curry. tasted whopper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

My attempt at a healthy gnocchi. A lot less gnocchi than I normally use and a lot more veg.

235554.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Tonight i made sausage pasta with mushrooms and spinach. Used garlic and herb sausages i picked up in aldi the other day, theyre 80% pork and really meaty and really lovely!

Chicken and lentil stew with onion, green chilli, mushrooms, sweet red peppers, tinned cherry tomatoes, tomato purée, anchovy purée, inferno chilli sauce, paprika and s&p

D5656B8A-FAFE-4CC3-9D67-51F311A01B9E-8668-00000A0E0268789D.jpg

I also made sweet potato cakes with thyme, garlic, oregano and s&p spread with unsalted butter.

D95E6B11-D212-43E5-9BA8-0291D9689BFC-8668-00000A0DFC2FFFA5.jpg

I also made a peanut butter, chocolate and banana bread last night which I had with some vanilla ice cream :)

peanut butter and chocolate has to be one of my favourite flavour combinations!

peanutbread_zpsb7e589f7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Pasta with a vegetable sauce of peppers, carrots, and courgette

7C99D9B83C2F4C068D4BD177EC3B178A-0000353053-0003126360-00640L-B8BF75FA634746B7A6E3E25F5550705B.jpg

Pasta chicken with a tomato roasted garlic sauce peppers and onions for the family. I had the pasta free version.

gjc wrote: »
    I had the pasta free version.

Hi gjc, I've cut out pasta for the last few months and I don't really miss it now. If you're allowed sweet potato, I came across a really interesting recipe for sweet potato gnocchi that I've been meaning to make! It is a bit time consuming but it looks great!

http://blog.goldmedalflour.com/category/meals/rustic-sweet-potato-gnocchi.aspx

• Advertisement

Pasta with lamb ragu from Nigellas new cook book 'Nigellissima'. It was divine, and enough left over for me tomorrow while the kids are at school!

ygMeQ.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

12oz ribeye, chunky duckfat chips, walnut and beetroot salad and whiskey + bacon sauce with a pint of Guinness for €15 from Eat @ Massimo. Best deal in the fecking country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Last night's dinner. One pot chicken thighs, sauteed leeks and peas, lemon.
    Leeks are so tasty and good value right now.

2622o3a.jpg

Tonight my current favourite salad, green beans with christmas table decoration - aka pomegranate. Pan griddled steak.

j8znlc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Tonight was a simple plate of food, including turkey breast steak, baby potatoes and some greens

4FDE087C89184A9C93AF275127922B0C-0000353053-0003126832-00640L-488A7558527B4A3FA83AF5B53BDC33C2.jpg

Last night I met a friend for dinner, we went to The Counter (suffolk street, Dublin) where you can choose your own burger combinations. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture as it was after work and I was starving!

Honey & wheat bap, 1/3lb beef burger, cashel blue cheese, black olives, fried onions, jalapenos and dill pickles. I also had a side of sweet potato fries with roasted aioli sauce.

When I got home I had a bottle of Orpens Irish cider which I got in work yesterday!

orpens_zps85dc464d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,137 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Stir fried veg with cashew nuts. (onion, carrot, red & yellow pepper, pak choi, garlic, ginger, preserved black beans, cashew nuts, concentrated chicken stock, dry sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil.

DSC02086.jpg

Followed by potato, leek and chorizo soup.
    Can't think why I never thought of this soup before - so good.
    Reckon potato, leek and smoked bacon would be very good too, if you wanted to keep it more Irish.

DSC02087.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Looks great beer. Have you a recipe for the soup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,137 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looks great beer. Have you a recipe for the soup?

No recipe as such.
    Soften a sliced large onion and a chopped stick of celery in a pot with a bit of butter. Add about three large chopped leeks. Peel and cube 3 or 4 large potatoes and add them. Add about 1 1/2 litres of boiling water, two chicken stock pots (or cubes, or better still homemade stock), a pinch of chilli flakes (if your chorizo isn't very hot) a bay leaf and a bunch of thyme. Bring to a simmer.

Meanwhile, chop up small about 150g of chorizo and put in a dry frying pan over a medium heat to extract some of the lovely red fat and crisp it up a little.

When the potatoes are cooked, remove bay leaf and thyme and blitz the soup to your desired blitzness.
    Add the chorizo and give it a little further blitz to blend a bit of the chorizo but keeping most of it in pieces.

Check for salt and pepper.

Eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Stir fried veg with cashew nuts. (onion, carrot, red & yellow pepper, pak choi, garlic, ginger, preserved black beans, cashew nuts, concentrated chicken stock, dry sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil.

<Don't quote pictures!>

Followed by potato, leek and chorizo soup.
    Can't think why I never thought of this soup before - so good.
    Reckon potato, leek and smoked bacon would be very good too, if you wanted to keep it more Irish.

<don't quote pictures!>

You really are an amazing cook based on your photographs. I think I'll try your soup, it looks devine :)

• Advertisement

re: the beer revolu +1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement