Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

A few of my dinners from the week past.

Monday and Tuesday I made us chicken and loadsa veg stir fry.

mw4pvt.jpg

Wednesday. Guinea fowl legs (from the reduced section), French beans with lardons and sauteed celeriac.

2ekte8w.jpg

Friday. Steak, one potato (I savoured it with every taste bud), chicory & tomato with mayo, artichoke & white asparagus with a mustard dressing.

2804chi.jpg

Yesterday. Low carb pita (which needs some tweaking as they ripped a tad), shredded lamb, white cabbage/carrot & onion salad, garlic & yogurt dressing.

282i7aq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Last night was a Panang Chicken Curry. It was the first time that I used Panang paste, and I used as much as I would use of a red curry paste...oops! Note to self: ALWAYS go gentle on a "new" curry paste, if you don't know how hot it is :o

3ADC6554EBA442EF9C75232D78F346EA-0000353053-0003143942-00640L-9CC3A541036B4A89958721D5EDAA91AC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

Last night we had home-made samosas with mango chutney and sour cream with a little squeeze of lime, followed by a slow cooked beef curry and rice, followed by pomegranate pavlova, followed by a cheeseboard. No photos so no proof! But man alive it was tasty. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Fresh tagliatelle with sausage tomato and basil sauce. No photo. Too hungry. Didn't even bother sitting down, ate it while standing at the kitchen counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Last night I had fish and chips for dinner in the hotel bar, both were frozen and weren't worth the €11 they cost.

Tonight we are having pasta of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I made a lovely boeuf bourguignon for dinner today.
    Hadn't made it in yonks, it really is the perfect dish for a day like today (its so stormy in Galway i can hear the wind and rain over my stereo!) and it's so bloody easy, ultimate comfort food for a lazy day.

20 minutes prep, 10 minutes sweating veg and browning meat, deglaze pan, sprinkle in a desert spoon of flour, stir it through, let it borwn a lottle and then top off with a bottle of red. I used about half a bottle and about half a glass of water and an oxxo cube, which is a little cheat of mine, as I like it super beefy. let it simer away on a low heat for an hour and 20 minutes and then pop in your mushrooms.

Served over mashed spuds but equally as good over a bowl of buttered tagliatelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hot chocolate with chili & cinnamon to get the heat back into my bones while I try and decide whether I can be bothered with something more complicated than toast for dinner (ideally it would be chili, cinnamon and booze of some sort but can't be having that on a school night)

chocolate_mkII_zpscd634dc9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Did duck legs in the slow cooker. Had them with green lentils, green beans and peas. It was delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Steak sandwich with toasted ciabatta, mustard mayonnaise, home-made relish, baby gem, rustic chips and striploin steak cooked medium. Would have eaten 6!

896C9192-51CB-4929-A6DA-8D9908894246-6535-0000028F29A1D338_zps553a156d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Not really a great pic but it tasted amazing all the same! Grilled cod, roasted red pepper sauce and potato and chorizo hash.

picture.php?albumid=1826&pictureid=14482

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Havent posted hear lately as my food has been a bit dull and samey. Tried those knorr season and shake things tonight. Wasn't actually that bad at all, kept the chicken breasts quite moist. I was pleasantly surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight we are having spaghetti bolognese.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had chicken á la king from the Cooking Club:

HBJV6uBl.jpg

(With added jigsaw!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭limnam

Oh, I did go on a bit, didn't I

It was worth it :) Where are you purchasing your meat usually beer?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Chili penne with meatballs in a tomato sauce.

penne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Last night I made a mushroom, caramelised red onion and parsley sauce served on polenta with parmesan and slices of chargrilled halloumi on the side.

Fabulous - especially the onion and mushroom - the flavours were really rich and seasonal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

That chilli penne with meatballs is making my mouth water!

This is from last week - Blackened Salmon, cous-cous with onion, lime, saffron & apricot and tzatziki.

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=14483

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Grilled pork chop with Honey.
    Grilled potato slices with olive oil, cracked pepper,sea salt and Balsamic vinegar.

YomToAZl.jpg

Token gesture salad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

limnam wrote: »
    It was worth it :) Where are you purchasing your meat usually beer?

I get most of my meat in O' Mahoney's in the English Market but I get those lamb pieces in Nolan's on Shandon Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Tapas tonight...

Green salad, patatas bravas, smoked salmon with dill and mustard sauce.

Beef fillet, relish, mustard and a leaf of lettuce on charred fresh bread.
    Parma ham, sun-dried tomato, mozerella, and olive oil on charred bread,
    Goats cheese, apple chutney and an olive on charred bread.
    Toasted ciabatta with home made cherry tomato salsa and goats cheese, Chicken goujons.

Topped off with a nice bottle of wine... You'd know I was meant to be studying!

C2FBBDD1-C7C4-4DB3-89B2-CD3DB9C4B8BF-197-00000004FD9ECBE3_zpsca80d32f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Linguine with fennel, tomato & pine nuts, from a Catherine Fulvio recipe

picture.php?albumid=1851&pictureid=14486

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

In out of -22 weather for steak cooked with a little pink, on toasted rolls with seasoned hot sauce fried eggs and avocado, and a beer on the side :)

Last night I made again the Chicken Thighs and Chorizo Rice Bake based on the Cooking Club's recipe.
    But this time I added the herbs, spices and vegetables I'd normally use in my paella, but baked with basmati rice instead.
    I must remember to double the amount of fried chorizo next time -- they were irresistible! Most of them ended up in my belly before I got the chance to add them into the dish!

3d86104d7a469cc111e16fb837d22f26.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

^^^^ Ooh, upside down chicken! :)

Eeeek is it upside down?! :o
    Dunno why that is, looks fine on my tablet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Yes, in both threads! It looks extremely odd! But extremely delish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Dunno why that is, looks fine on my tablet?

Maybe you were holding the tablet upside down too?

Oooooooh shucks, can mode kindly fix them please before I embarrass myself again? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Last night I made again the Chicken Thighs and Chorizo Rice Bake based on the Cooking Club's recipe.
    But this time I added the herbs, spices and vegetables I'd normally use in my paella, but baked with basmati rice instead.
    I must remember to double the amount of fried chorizo next time -- they were irresistible! Most of them ended up in my belly before I got the chance to add them into the dish!

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/whatsfordindins/3d86104d7a469cc111e16fb837d22f26.jpg

Here you go, copy and paste the url of this image into your original post.

238771.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nice simple and quick dindins for Seán tonight.

Pork Stirfry with onion, carrot and cabbage, sambal, sriracha, honey, soy, fish sauce, garlic and ginger and some whole grain rice.

Seeing as I just moved house and it's coming up to Chinese new year I thought lots of Green and Red and white was a fitting way to celebrate.

2lc78d1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement