Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Buttery mashed potates, broccoli, carrots, spinach with milk/butter/nutmeg, sirloin steak and gravy for us tonight. Delish.

Tomorrow will be cottage pie :) Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I had slow cooker beans and venison sausages. I used cannelloni and black eyed beans and leftover sauce from the pulled chicken in the cooking club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Totally forgot to take a picture! I had Slow Cooked Brisket in a Sweet and Tangy Sauce (cooked for 10 hours in the slow cooker).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

mike65, you are making me hungry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was great! Obviously I let the side down a bit - no bacon, white pudding or fried bread! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mike65 wrote: »
    It was great! Obviously I let the side down a bit - no bacon, white pudding or fried bread! :pac:

:eek: sacrilege! :D - still looks amazing though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lazy dinner this evening

Oven chips ("Golden Fries", in a green bag, from Aldi)
    Heinz Baked Beans
    Birds Eye Crispy Chicken

More gourmet stuff coming at the weekend! :o

2qjgb6h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight we had a bit of a mish mash theme -- Malaysian spiced roast 'Spit' chicken with chinese egg fried rice and veg medley stir-fry. Think the spice from the chicken over-powered the rest. Should've just gone with plain steamed rice and it would've been ok.

021_zpsb1c238c8.jpg

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Tonight we had a bit of a mish mash theme -- Malaysian spiced roast 'Spit' chicken with chinese egg fried rice and veg medley stir-fry. Think the spice from the chicken over-powered the rest. Should've just gone with plain steamed rice and it would've been ok.

Ooooh would you share your fried rice recipe? Looks delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Happy St Paddy's! Made braised lamb shanks in red wine, champ mash and peas. It's the first time I've ever cooked shanks. Lovely meat fell off the bone.

<mod snip>
    That looks unbelievable. Could u tell me how u cooked it please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happy St Paddy's! Made braised lamb shanks in red wine, champ mash and peas. It's the first time I've ever cooked shanks. Lovely meat fell off the bone.

<mod snip>

Leave your husband and come and live with me Anna :)
    I have a BIG kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please refrain from quoting pics.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

How do you copy posts without the pic???? As a matter of interest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

gjc wrote: »
    How do you copy posts without the pic???? As a matter of interest

You can remove whatever you like from a quote. Just delete the bit that says blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

to make up for the fry - pasta, tuna, peas. Tastes better than it looks!

2mnkns7.jpg

hsan wrote: »
    That looks unbelievable. Could u tell me how u cooked it please?

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ooooh would you share your fried rice recipe? Looks delicious!

I will share both recipes in the Random Recipe Thread :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I will share both recipes in the Random Recipe Thread :)

Thanks for both, i make my egg fried rice in a similar enough fashion :)

If it's not too much bother, could you post the Malaysian roast chicken recipe? it looks delicious and I usually spatchcock my roast chuck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Last night: chicken and veg casserole

A0F66D9BB8E7483BB877D39D618234E1-0000353053-0003199623-00640L-555EAD6CD6B84B83A617DC6EEB93FE9F.jpg

Tonight: Spaghetti Bolognese

1A4862DB6D924506A44EE5F84508E7D8-0000353053-0003199622-00640L-7447D737CAAA46149079019233C05CFF.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

5unflower wrote: »
    Tonight: Spaghetti Bolognese

<mod snip - do not quote pics>
    can i live with you ? looks lovely !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Last night we had buttery mashed potatoes, broccoli and lamb chops sprinkled with dry herbs and some gravy that had the juice from the chops mixed in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Lovely looking meals there 5unflower, especially in this weather! that chicken looks delicious :pac: nom nom

Thanks, yep, the meals of the last few days were definitely inspired by the need for warm comfort food. And also inspired by the recent acquisition of my first ever cast-iron casserole :-D

Pork casserole with creamy mash and peas :)

2e6gcy0.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Bulgar wheat with peas, roasted mix veg and baked seabass

5kJyi3.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Didn't have much time this evening so I made a quick stir fry with chicken, shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, and cooked off with soy sauce and sriracha. Sriracha saves everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Twee. wrote: »
    Didn't have much time this evening so I made a quick stir fry with chicken, shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, and cooked off with soy sauce and sriracha. Sriracha saves everything :D
    Since M&S started stocking it, I'm totally obsessed!

Tea and cheese toasties for dinner, on account of the miserable weather. My cheese toasties were served on McCambridge's bread with a generous Emmental topping over slow roasted cherry tomatoes, spring onions, and a little jalapeño pepper. Melted cheese makes everything yum! :D

Thanks for both, i make my egg fried rice in a similar enough fashion :)

If it's not too much bother, could you post the Malaysian roast chicken recipe? it looks delicious and I usually spatchcock my roast chuck anyway.

Will do :)

Yesterday was my little girl's first birthday so I made a simple fudgy choc cake, threw some frozen chicken goujons, fish fingers and pizza for the kinders, and penne bolognese for the adults.
    There's a good bit of Ragu left so will make lasagna for dinner later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Last night I had a cauliflower pizza base with butternut squash purée as the "sauce" and then scattered some balsamic and honey caramalised onions, thinly sliced chorizo and St. Killian's Wexford Goat's Cheese on top.

In the words of Gennaro Contaldo, "Why am I cooking so Good?!".

I need to invest in a camera.

If anyone want's the recipe, let me know, I'll post it here or pm it to you. :)

522448_10151527101206294_1940866397_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement