Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

I made some lahmacun.
    2qsazph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Jezek wrote: »
    I made some lahmacun.

You have my attention...
    Tell me more

(Wikipedia wasn't very forthcoming with information)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You have my attention...
    Tell me more

(Wikipedia wasn't very forthcoming with information)

google is your best friend :)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/9311955/Lamb-lahmacun.html
    sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

That's a good recipe! I do it in a smilar way,

I mix up onions, tomatoes, garlic, lamb mince, paprika, parsley, cumin, chilli, tiiiiiny bitta cinnamon, bay leaf and lemon juice and let it cook in the fridge for a while.

Roll out some pita dough in thin circles, ( 100% flour, 62% water, 6% olive oil, 2,2%salt, 1.4% yeast/30% sourdough)

Fire up the oven to very hot, put in a brick or just an oven tin, spread the mixture on your dough and in it goes. Take it out, squirt some lemon juice, chop up some fresh parsley, roll up and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Chocolate orange mousse with strawberry, mango and marshmallow skewers for dessert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sukiyaki again.

2013-06-10202017_zps30ee6a1e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Refried beans with lots of veg, jasmine rice.

refriedbeansjune2013_zpsb1f91840.jpg

From Friday night - crab cakes (recipe from The Guardian) with guacamole and spinach salad.

crabcakesandguacamolejune2013_zps5967d3ef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Late night post-running stirfry supper: garlic, ginger, chilli, prawns, salmon, spring onion, celery, radish, and lots of spring greens. Dressed with lime juice and toasted sesame oil. So yum!
    I'm worried I might not have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch, as planned :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Last night we had Steak Diane-ish, but with rib-eye steaks. Served with homemade double fried rosemary chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Not Last nights dinner but a few nights ago! Lorraine Pascale's Jerk Chicken served with Kidney bean coconut and chill rice and pineapple, tamato and coriander salsa!

2013-03-29191135_zps7fed3a48.jpg

Also made a Lemon Meringue pie, was so tasty, the pictures do not give it justice!

2013-04-21194409_zpsb405d4b6.jpg
    image_zps1fe736ec.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That pie looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

tmc86 wrote: »
    Last night I made chicken, leek and onion in a creamy gorgonzola sauce with wholewheat fusilli.

Also made a baked rhubarb cheesecake with a ginger base

Pac Man cheesecake :P

(Also there are two slices missing not one big one!)

Hey Gillapino - was that the cheesecake recipe from the great british bake off? Did you have any issues with sogginess from the rubarb on the base?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    Hey Gillapino - was that the cheesecake recipe from the great british bake off? Did you have any issues with sogginess from the rubarb on the base?

Thanks!

Hey mine was actually a lemon meringue pie! not cheesecake ! think you meant to say tmc86! My pie was out of a book called the encyclopedia of food or something like that! a cheap one that was on offer in Bookstation!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Focaccia stuffed with homemade pesto, cream cheese and tomato
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/focacciastuffedwitht_67441

null_zps6bf3f48e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

had homemade pho last night as per this recipe by homemadecider a while back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83730350&postcount=8098

turned out excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Stargazer7 wrote: »

Thanks!

Hey Stargazer, no I came across a few recipes online but ended up following a normal baked cheesecake one and just substituting the biscuit with ginger nut and adding the stewed rhubarb on top.

It didn't turn out as soggy as I thought it might. I chilled the biscuit base in the fridge for a couple of hours first to ensure it was really solid and I had stewed the rhubarb for quite a while and cut into larger chunks than normal in the hope that the pieces would retain more juice.

I then baked the cheesecake in the oven for 20 mins or so which really helped to set it. I think I could have done with more topping and that would have given it even more support and solidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

tSju4nL.jpg

Chao Ga!

I only recently found out about this recipe - it's basically a vietnamese rice porridge and it is very very tasty. :)

Peppered mackerel and green lentil salad with tomato, cucumber, sweet red pepper, feta cheese. Dressed with soy sauce.

4A1FD3B2-B999-4B54-B86A-A8CBAFAC4D72-9737-00000C235B9A502E_zps23eac7d5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Hey Stargazer, no I came across a few recipes online but ended up following a normal baked cheesecake one and just substituting the biscuit with ginger nut and adding the stewed rhubarb on top.

It didn't turn out as soggy as I thought it might. I chilled the biscuit base in the fridge for a couple of hours first to ensure it was really solid and I had stewed the rhubarb for quite a while and cut into larger chunks than normal in the hope that the pieces would retain more juice.

I then baked the cheesecake in the oven for 20 mins or so which really helped to set it. I think I could have done with more topping and that would have given it even more support and solidity.

Thanks tmc, I'll have to give it a go again - last time I wasn't happy with the sogginess.

I really need to start popping images in here rather than on facebook! Making a fancy smanzy 3 course meal for the OH on Monday so I'll try to get some pics on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I took this but could't upload it from my phone. 2 nights ago, curried chicken and mango salad, it was delicious

editpreviewip.jpg

Last night I made cod and polenta burgers served on ciabatta with garlic mayo and roast veg. I didn't take a picture cause the burgers kinda fell apart, but it tasted lovely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've done pretty much exactly the same thing in the past except I think I roasted finger length pieces of rhubarb with sugar and placed them on top of the base, then after cooking the cheesecake, I poured any rhubarb juices over the top.

I've done pretty much exactly the same thing in the past except I think I roasted finger length pieces of rhubarb with sugar and placed them on top of the base, then after cooking the cheesecake, I poured any rhubarb juices over the top.

yeah I was in two minds whether to put them on top of the base or else on top. I like the decorative element that they add to the topping so will try this the next time!

Last night we had rosemary roast chicken, with spicy chickpea curry and cous cous.

179_zpsac548d58.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

yeah I was in two minds whether to put them on top of the base or else on top. I like the decorative element that they add to the topping so will try this the next time!

I put the rhubarb pieces on the base, under the cheese mix. It was just the juices I poured over the top of the cooked cheesecake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My version of a chicken fajita
    2013-06-12185805_zps4fdf7663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I had baked sea bass and green beans with Thai green curry sauce and rice noodles. It was lovely

Tucking in to a plate of honey mustard and lemon sausages with potato and carrot mash, and roasted red onion.

198_zpsbfc2d6da.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Just fried slices of left over meatloaf in butter till they got a bit of a burny-edged crust, then put in a wrap with bbq sauce & cheddar and fried the wrap on both sides in the butter & meatloaf goodness in the pan. Was awesome but no photos because (shame) I ate it off my toast plate from this morning and it's visibly covered in crumbs

• Advertisement

Pan fried duck, sweet potato fondant, broccoli and a wee drop of gravy made from the duck juices.

duckjune2013_zps79f75547.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement