Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not for two people.

It looks lovely.
    I'd put a good dent in it right now if I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Not for two people.

Well it's all on one plate so I assumed it was for one person...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Mr. Merkin made cassoulet this evening and it was scrumptious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Pepper Beef Stir Fry with noodles

688a193df9e8fd24d2c802b9d38a4f56.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Spanakopita (I finally figured out the macro setting on my camera, now I need to work on lighting)

51piZs4l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight we had roast duck and potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We went to Trocadero for dinner where I had very bland duck and peas horribly drenched in butter. Very disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

(I finally figured out the macro setting on my camera, now I need to work on lighting)

Back lighting works very well for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight a friend is staying over so we are having beef stew, there should be enough left for lunch/dinner tomorrow too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Wasn't in the mood for dinner tonight but I did take out some chicken wings to defrost and I made my own barbecue sauce to cover them with.

I'd like to share the recipe as it was delicious and was inspired by Dizzyblonde's recipe:

1 1/2 tbsps English mustard
    4 tbsps tomato ketchup
    4 tbsps Worcestershire Sauce
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    Sprinkle of balsamic vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    Salt and pepper
    Pinch of paprika

In a bowl, I mixed everything together, added the wings and coated them thoroughly with my hands.
    I then put the bowl in the fridge to marinade for five hours.
    I then baked them in the oven for 40 minutes and they were delicious.
    Saucy and full of flavour, I'm thrilled they turned out so well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'd like to share the recipe as it was delicious and was inspired by Dizzyblonde's recipe

You've greatly improved it and now I'll have to try this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You've greatly improved it and now I'll have to try this one :)

Well I loved the basis of the sauce (your recipe) which was ketchup, Worcester Sauce and soy and then I just added some extras.
    It was really nice.
    Finger-lickin' good! Thanks Dizzy :)

Couple of nights ago:
    All done on the gas BBQ - Lamb chops, red pepper, aubergine, courgette; white beetroot, carrot, apple and horseradish slaw.

56wx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Had friends around last night, no pics but a great dinner.

Squid, flash fried with salt and chilliles and finished with lots of fresh coriander and lime juice.

Chorizo, pea and mint risotto.

Small steaks cut from poire de boeuf, mixed leaf and herb salad, some slaw from the other night and some oven dried tomatoes from the garden.

Greek yoghurt with rhubarb and ginger jam.

Cheese.

A really, really east dinner to prepare but great mileage;)

Had friends around last night, no pics but a great dinner.

Squid, flash fried with salt and chilliles and finished with lots of fresh coriander and lime juice.

Chorizo, pea and mint risotto.

Small steaks cut from poire de boeuf, mixed leaf and herb salad, some slaw from the other night and some oven dried tomatoes from the garden.

Greek yoghurt with rhubarb and ginger jam.

Cheese.

A really, really east dinner to prepare but great mileage;)

How many Michelin stars have you? :D

How many Michelin stars have you? :D

There were no difficult processes or any particularly fancy ingredients involved at all. Just nice, simple food.
    But, thanks:D

And it sounds amazing!

Picked a load of ripe tomatoes that I grew myself and made tomato and balsamic vinegar soup this afternoon, really tasty if I do say so myself! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sunday roast today!

Roast leg of lamb, cooked medium (medium rare in parts), served with potatoes roasted in the lamb juices, yorkshire puddings and vegetables. The gravy was a gorgeous homemade effort involving blackberry jam (not pictured, but poured liberally over after the picture was taken!).

yHY9ucsl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A salt-splosion of salt. Risotto with smoked salmon & peas and a chicken kiev from my butchers. Stock cube must have been 90% salt so in combination with salty kiev and salty salmon I feel like I've been out licking seals or other sea creatures for the evening

• Advertisement

Tonight was roast tomato chicken fajitas... Wicked tasty with a nice helping of Franks Hot Sauce and Jalapeños to give them a nice kick!

Honey and mustard home cured bacon; mash with leeks; sweet heart cabbage and parsley sauce.

mvt4.jpg

I appreciate the presentation leaves a lot to be desired but dinner tonight was lovely!! Pan fried a delicious sea bass this evening that Mr.Merkin caught yesterday, did this with roast baby potatoes, a warm tomato vinaigrette (recipe from here!) and lightly pickled baby beets, really enjoyed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A mock pizza. Chicken, salami & cheese on a wrap base topped with bbq sauce and jalapenos

fbbdadc2-1daf-4cea-9f56-a2b2333c8e52_zpse30f9737.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Merkin wrote: »
    Picked a load of ripe tomatoes that I grew myself and made tomato and balsamic vinegar soup this afternoon, really tasty if I do say so myself! :)

Anti-gravity soup!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Just needed a quick wee supper last night so I grilled one side of two slices of nutty brown bread, on the un-grilled side I spread green pesto and topped with proschiutto, feta and mixed cherry tomatoes and popped back under the grill until the feta was just starting to colour.

I know it's pretty salty but it's very tasty and nicely substantial for the time it takes to make!

Anti-gravity soup!!! :D

Very odd. It's upside down on my phone but correctly oriented on the desktop computer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Very odd. It's upside down on my phone but correctly oriented on the desktop computer.

Ah that explains it - I thought The Hill Billy had lost his marbles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I really gotta give up having Absinthe with my morning coffee. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I really gotta give up having Absinthe with my morning coffee. ;)

Do you find it makes you a bit absinthe-minded?

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement